New Sony Walkman NW-A300 Series (Android 12)
Feb 22, 2023 at 5:44 AM Post #1,294 of 4,116
So, not seeing anything other than on here about the bass drop of some A300's. Anybody know if Sony is acknowledging anything yet ?

Feb 22, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,295 of 4,116
So, not seeing anything other than on here about the bass drop of some A300's. Anybody know if Sony is acknowledging anything yet ?

Wondering the same thing. I have a bad one that I imported from Japan with Buyee. I have no idea if I should try to return it, which I expect to be difficult - or wait for a fix. I can't imagine Sony hasn't seen the reports, on here, Reddit or even the Walkman Blog story.

Feb 22, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #1,296 of 4,116
Do CUE sheets work in any form? I use WAV and FLAC—and I’m not opposed to MP3—and it would be great to know definitively whether and how the A306 recognizes CUE data.

Thanks!

Wondering the same thing. I have a bad one that I imported from Japan with Buyee. I have no idea if I should try to return it, which I expect to be difficult - or wait for a fix. I can't imagine Sony hasn't seen the reports, on here, Reddit or even the Walkman Blog story.
I've been wondering the same thing. The eBay seller I bought from has a 60 day return policy and said I could return it. I would just have to pay the shipping. I'm torn between waiting for a fix or just returning it and waiting till this issue is sorted out and then buy another. Very curious how this will be addressed by Sony or if it will be swept under the rug?

Feb 22, 2023 at 8:22 AM Post #1,298 of 4,116
That is a possibility? How does Sony normally release firmware updates? This is my first DAP. Do they release them as a download from their website? Is the process similar to an Android OS update? Are there different releases for each country or region? For example, If the defective device was purchased from Japan with the update need to be downloaded from the Japan website?

Feb 22, 2023 at 8:26 AM Post #1,299 of 4,116
Feb 22, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,300 of 4,116
That is a possibility? How does Sony normally release firmware updates? This is my first DAP. Do they release them as a download from their website? Is the process similar to an Android OS update? Are there different releases for each country or region? For example, If the defective device was purchased from Japan with the update need to be downloaded from the Japan website?

Sony Android DAPs receive firmware updates via OTA download. You will get a notification if an update is available. You can do a manual update check in the settings as well.

Feb 22, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #1,301 of 4,116
Just one thing I have noticed a couple times. I have a Samsung 512GB mSD in mine.

I turn my A307 off after each use and auto-time to off after 1 hour.

I've noticed sometimes on start-up the Sony can be slow to check the mSD and if you start the Walkman app too soon it thinks you have no music files !

Feb 22, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,302 of 4,116
Feb 22, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #1,303 of 4,116
Just one thing I have noticed a couple times. I have a Samsung 512GB mSD in mine.

I turn my A307 off after each use and auto-time to off after 1 hour.

I've noticed sometimes on start-up the Sony can be slow to check the mSD and if you start the Walkman app too soon it thinks you have no music files !

I can also tell my battery meter isn't quite calibrated yet. Usually takes several charges. Also have to say the more I listen the more I like it, really open and lovely with everything separated nicely. Very nice, I'd say I have about 40 or more hours on it. I do think you get used to sound sigs of daps but I swear it's warmer. Treble and mids aren't as sharp. Oh and I also changed my routers channels on both bands and the walkman so far has been quiet. I do experience imput delays on the buttons some times, Sony needs to iron this out.

Also I'm sitting here driking tea with milk and honey and my dogs are begging off it. I started the bad habit of giving them the last 8th of my cup and now they're addicted. Super annoying, but they're expert beggers.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #1,304 of 4,116
I can also tell my battery meter isn't quite calibrated yet. Usually takes several charges. Also have to say the more I listen the more I like it, really open and lovely with everything separated nicely. Very nice, I'd say I have about 40 or more hours on it. I do think you get used to sound sigs of daps but I swear it's warmer. Treble and mids aren't as sharp. Oh and I also changed my routers channels on both bands and the walkman so far has been quiet. I do experience imput delays on the buttons some times, Sony needs to iron this out.

Also I'm sitting here driking tea with milk and honey and my dogs are begging off it. I started the bad habit of giving them the last 8th of my cup and now they're addicted. Super annoying, but they're expert beggers.
My dog likes froth off my cappuccino coffee.

Yes, the odd side button delay if skipping to next track.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #1,305 of 4,116
I think maybe (maybe!) Sony knew there was a problem beforehand, and maybe capped three new regions to try to contain the mess. American's love their warranty. But I'm still puzzled. It's not like a bad solder or glue, where to much heat will lose your bass. I have no clue, but I think Sony does know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back