SONY NW-ZX500
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #6,136 of 8,639
I checked. and there was no such option or whatever.
can u show me it with step by step screenshots?
Open the Sony headphone app
if Bluetooth is off it will say turn Bluetooth on, select ok.
click on the yellow circle with plus
the next page look at the bottom it will say ‘if your headphones are wired just tap next.’ Tap next.
the next page will give you options of register a wired headphone, select the model to register. The next page is the optimise settings.

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:32 AM Post #6,137 of 8,639
the next page look at the bottom it will say ‘if your headphones are wired just tap next.’ Tap next.
the next page will give you options of register a wired headphone, select the model to register. The next page is the optimise settings.

you don't have to turn on Bluetooth to register Wired IEM/Headphones.
it only has a list of Sony IEM/Headphones to choose from. surprised to see CD900ST there though.
the Headphone App is also updated for Android phones to include Wired.

Nov 27, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #6,138 of 8,639
you don't have to turn on Bluetooth to register Wired IEM/Headphones.
it only has a list of Sony IEM/Headphones to choose from. surprised to see CD900ST there though.
the Headphone App is also updated for Android phones to include Wired.

M1ST is also there and a surprise!

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #6,139 of 8,639
I see. u need wifi ON, and take a picture of ur ear...)))
does it work without the picture?
is there any change from selecting xba z5 and 1Am2, z7m2, z1r or what ever?

did anyone tried it?

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #6,140 of 8,639
I see. u need wifi ON, and take a picture of ur ear...)))
does it work without the picture?
is there any change from selecting xba z5 and 1Am2, z7m2, z1r or what ever?

did anyone tried it?

It doesn't work without the picture, but the picture is only needed to do the optimization. You can basically use 360RA without the optimization as well.

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:18 PM Post #6,141 of 8,639
It doesn't work without the picture, but the picture is only needed to do the optimization. You can basically use 360RA without the optimization as well.
I assume it works without visiting headphone app, right?
is there change between selecting between headphones models especially between headphones and earphones?

Nov 27, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #6,142 of 8,639
I assume it works without visiting headphone app, right?
is there change between selecting between headphones models especially between headphones and earphones?

Yeah, 360RA works without the Headphones app.

I don't know how the optimization affects the sound, but I know that you have to apply the optimization to all the supported headphones you have.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:27 AM Post #6,144 of 8,639

actually it ask that you download the 360 Spatial Sound Personalizer app on your phone to take a picture of your ears. a QR code is shared by the Walkman during personalization for this purpose. the profile of the ears will be shared to the Walkman to complete the optimization.

Nov 28, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #6,145 of 8,639
I'm now experiencing a weird annoying bug with the physical play/pause button. When I pressed it, the first few times after the update, it would pause as usual, then start making a beep or 2 and then a full alarm type sound for like 20 seconds and stopped. Now, the play/pause physical button makes a beep when I pause, will beep again 5secs after AND starts playing music again without me pressing it...

Is that some kind option in Android settings?

Never had any of those ever before the 4.0 FW update. What with this 4.0 FW...

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #6,146 of 8,639
I'm now experiencing a weird annoying bug with the physical play/pause button. When I pressed it, the first few times after the update, it would pause as usual, then start making a beep or 2 and then a full alarm type sound for like 20 seconds and stopped. Now, the play/pause physical button makes a beep when I pause, will beep again 5secs after AND starts playing music again without me pressing it...

Is that some kind option in Android settings?

Never had any of those ever before the 4.0 FW update. What with this 4.0 FW...
Do you have a capped EU version?? From what I read in the user manual, this could be the way that volume capping works now. Once you dismiss the alarm it’s supossed to let you hear without volume cap for 20 hours. Then it would prompt you again..

Nov 28, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #6,147 of 8,639
Do you have a capped EU version?? From what I read in the user manual, this could be the way that volume capping works now. Once you dismiss the alarm it’s supossed to let you hear without volume cap for 20 hours. Then it would prompt you again..

No I have an uncapped version and now it seems to be only the beep on pause and auto un-pause after 5secs with another beep thing going on. So weird. I went through settings and don't see anything really. I will continue to go through the online manual for now. I might need to reset the device's setting for the first time in a year.

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #6,149 of 8,639
Happy Thanksgiving, How are you guys finding Firmware 4.00.02. I'll personally be sticking to Chinese this time
I like it soundwise, but I need to be careful here as this is the first time I've used CHN firmware and my auditory memory is not the best. Sony player startup is a bit slower than what I am used to, however. I did go through and apply the tweaks (the ones that are still applicable even given the lack of Google stuff on the CHN version) that @Sonywalkmanuser has way upthread. Maybe I shouldn't have done that...but so far, appears only the slow/sluggish initial opening of the native music app is the only complaint I have.

Nov 28, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #6,150 of 8,639
While I count down the days to Christmas to enjoy my new ZX507, I am planning a new set of IEMs to go with it on the day - the E5000 were supposed to be but I couldn't resist opening them (loving them on the ZX300 for now)... I will exercise more discipline with the next set and definitely put away till Christmas!

I was about to pull the trigger on the XBA-N3AP (and upgrade the cable to 4.4 at some point, N3AP only avail on Accessory Jack) but I then saw the Hidizs MS4 is reduced both on Amazon (about €190) and via Hidizs direct for €160 inc an extra balanced cable but plus shipping and any potential customs, so not a whole lot in the cost difference. The N3AP will cost about €260 inc express shipping from Accessory Jack (and if hit with any customs, a bit more). Anyway - do any of you own both and have any opinions? The MS4 seems a good deal. Also bearing in mind my recent E5000s, which of the two I'm now considering will be a sufficiently different IEM?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back