SONY NW-ZX500
Nov 26, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #6,122 of 8,639
As far as I know the USB DAC mode was a joke and I think 360 reality sound is quite specific. Can read about it here: https://www.sony.ca/en/electronics/360-reality-audio

Still hoping for a future FW with USB DAC or maybe a new flagship DAP! :)
I know, I read FW description.

FW 4.0
Benefits and Improvements
  • Adds support for the 360 Reality Audioservice
  • Provides Security Updates (The security level displayed in the Settingsmenu will be as of October 2020)
Note:The 360 Reality Audioservice may not be available in all countries or regions.
IMPORTANT:
  • You will need to update both the Music Center for PCsoftware and the Walkman® firmware to the latest versions in order to improve connection stability. If either are not updated to the latest version, there is a possibility that the Music Center for PC software and Walkman device will not connect properly.
  • The date and time must be set correctly on the Walkman or the update notification may not appear. If they are not correct, set the date and time manually.
Previous Benefits and Improvements
The following benefits and improvements are also included in this update.
  • Adds support for DSEE Ultimate(when using Musicplayer)
    Note:When DSEE Ultimateis enabled, the battery life may be shorter than when DSEE HXis enabled.
  • Enables sound adjustment during Bluetooth output
  • Provides Security Updates (The security level displayed in the Settingsmenu will be as of September 2020)
  • Adds support for Hi-Res streaming
  • Adds a Bookmarksfunction to the Music Playerapp
  • Adds a Keyword Searchfunction to the Music Playerapp
  • Fixes an issue where the playback speed becomes slow on certain M4A format content
  • Adds an Auto Power Offfunction to help prolong battery life
  • Fixes an issue where a message falsely stating the SD card is damage is occasionally displayed immediately after inserting the card
  • Improves general performance
  • Improves the connection stability with the Music Center for PC software
  • Provides a Security Update
  • Fixes an issue where black dots and lines appear on the Home screen
  • Fixes an issue where images of the quick setting panel were not correctly displayed
  • Fixes an issue where the Wi-Fi does not turn on from time to time
  • Improves general functions
File Info

Nov 26, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #6,126 of 8,639
Done the update and noticed in the music app settings DSEE HX is now Ultimate

Hmm, so maybe they didn't just leave the name like that so it's not confusing :D

Nov 26, 2020 at 11:41 PM Post #6,130 of 8,639
how does the support for the 360 Reality Audio service work? I updated to the latest firmware and also the Tidal app. when I went to the settings in Tidal, it still shows no optimized device... what am I missing here?

An optimized device can be one of their supported headphones, like the big XM2/3/4, or the XM3 buds.

The optimization includes scanning your ears with your camera through the Headphones app (to apply a certain (personal) configuration to the sound), so it has nothing to do with the player itself.

I have no idea what they mean exactly by the 360 Reality Audio support. I mean, 360RA works on my S10e as well.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #6,132 of 8,639
a few impressions from FW 4.0
it feels like instrument separation improved.
details with xba z5 are now more noticeable.
ur thoughts? do here the same?
perhaps it is overexcited misimpression, cause I didn't listen to z5 for more than a week. and 1Am2 for 5 days.
by the way, I also had slight impression that loudness level decreased. now I believe it was false impression.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:59 AM Post #6,133 of 8,639
You have to go into the headphone app, it now has an option for wired headphones so you can optimise for 360 Reality Audio.
are u talking about BT headphones or what app?
sony headphone ... app connect only BT headphones. I tried xm4 with it.

Nov 27, 2020 at 2:26 AM Post #6,135 of 8,639
The Sony headphone app, you select connect another device and there is then an option for wired headphones. I think they have to be Sony ones.
I checked. and there was no such option or whatever.
can u show me it with step by step screenshots?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back