SONY NW-ZX500
Jul 5, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #4,006 of 8,639
my sunday mood ..
MVIMG_20200705_214103.jpg

Jul 5, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #4,008 of 8,639
No balanced yet ?
Been using the balanced out i switched to try out the 3.5mm and it turns out to be really good i was quite surprised so i spent the day listening to it

Jul 6, 2020 at 8:20 AM Post #4,012 of 8,639
No case or any protection! Blasphemy!! How dare you treat a work of art like this with such disrespect? :)

It's like walking around with no pants, feels good but wrong at the same time! Hehe
Lol ...oops sorry i have a case actually let me put that on it now :beyersmile::beyersmile:

Jul 6, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #4,013 of 8,639
Has anyone tried DLNA on this player?

I had it on my ZX1, but it was sub-par. Everytime you stopped listening for a while, the connection was reset, and it forgot the track you were playing, which is a major inconvenience.

Jul 6, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #4,014 of 8,639
Has anyone tried DLNA on this player?

I had it on my ZX1, but it was sub-par. Everytime you stopped listening for a while, the connection was reset, and it forgot the track you were playing, which is a major inconvenience.

I don't think it has built-in dlna (or I can't find it)... You can load dlna apps from the play store, but then you aren't using the native player with hi-res, MQA and other features.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #4,015 of 8,639
My ZX507 is a domestic Japanese unit. I got it back in early dec2019 before it was officially released in my country. So far it's working fine with no issues apart from very rare Walkman app crashes or unresponsive YouTube requiring soft-reboot. It's a very well machined product made in Malaysia.

So far no issues with Wifi speed or range. Bluetooth is rock stable and far ranging.
Charging is also really fast if you use usb-pd charger.

Sony House Sound Signature is definitely worth the price of admission if you haven't experienced it. Pair up to a good iem, you will find it very hard to stop listening once you start because the sound on the ZX507 is way too enjoyable.
I've also ordered Japanese domestic version for $720!from ebay. mow I am waiting for it.
my package went from Japan to HK, then Belgium, France, back to Belgium, and now it stuck somewhere in Poland... additional $190 would be charged as import duties/taxes...
shall I do smth with firmware? just to update? seller told me that manuals are on JP and warranty covers only JP.

Jul 7, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #4,016 of 8,639
what happened to acessory jack ?..i just went online and it looks bare

I had a short email exchange with them last night, apparently they were updating the website. Until about 36 hours ago, I couldn't even access beyond a main page that was asking for a password. It seems they are back up, but yeah, their inventory looks slim. Probably supply chain issues like many other vendors (audio and non-audio) are facing. They also won't ship via any method except for Express (which for me means an additional $30USD, shipping via FedEx, which is horrible service where I live).

Jul 7, 2020 at 10:11 PM Post #4,017 of 8,639
I had a short email exchange with them last night, apparently they were updating the website. Until about 36 hours ago, I couldn't even access beyond a main page that was asking for a password. It seems they are back up, but yeah, their inventory looks slim. Probably supply chain issues like many other vendors (audio and non-audio) are facing. They also won't ship via any method except for Express (which for me means an additional $30USD, shipping via FedEx, which is horrible service where I live).
I remember commy china government blocked access to accessoryjack web page for Ukraine providers when there were news about ukrainian protesters cone and supported HK protesters in HK. Ukrainian were banned to enter HK. I can visit accessoryjack site only by using VPN. maybe there is the same issue:
last time I visited it said that they stop accepting payments. reason the owner needs to hospitalized (planned action). I sent e-mail; no answer. last time we speak he said smth like $50 shipping fee.
I order my zx507 from JP seller on ebay for $720. free shipping fedex. he shipped it in a few hours after I paid. very fast. now in 1 week the package had already arrived to neighboring country.

Jul 8, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #4,018 of 8,639
A couple of my Koss Portapro's.

This one rewired for 4.4mm with Mundorf silver w/1% gold solid core wire. Very impractical due to the stiff solid core wire that will kink if bent, only for use at home, but damn it sounds so clean, balanced and open, nothing like stock. I prefer it to the 8 BA iems I've tried (Custom Art and Westone).
SAM_1517.JPG

This one wired for 4.4mm with Neotech OCC stranded copper litz type 2. This ones a bass monster, lots of slam, more than stock, but also more detail than stock, great for out and about.
SAM_1519.JPG

Also have a third Portapro with drivers swapped for titanium plated ksc-75 and re-cabled with wire same as above. That one is the brightest and leanest, excellent.

The magic thing about Portapro's is they use a 40mm open air back driver in such a compact package.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #4,019 of 8,639
A couple of my Koss Portapro's.

This one rewired for 4.4mm with Mundorf silver w/1% gold solid core wire. Very impractical due to the stiff solid core wire that will kink if bent, only for use at home, but damn it sounds so clean, balanced and open, nothing like stock. I prefer it to the 8 BA iems I've tried (Custom Art and Westone).

This one wired for 4.4mm with Neotech OCC stranded copper litz type 2. This ones a bass monster, lots of slam, more than stock, but also more detail than stock, great for out and about.

Also have a third Portapro with drivers swapped for titanium plated ksc-75 and re-cabled with wire same as above. That one is the brightest and leanest, excellent.

The magic thing about Portapro's is they use a 40mm open air back driver in such a compact package.
do you mod this yourself?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back