SONY NW-ZX500
Oct 17, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #376 of 8,633
Really?

Good job my ancestors didn't believe that when they were fighting the Natzis.

I believe the point of the quote is that when people rely on hope in the face of adversity they can create a false sense of a positive future instead of recognizing the potential bad (evil) situation and trends and taking active steps to counter them in order to create a better future. Without action and only hope man cannot make progress and succumbs to evil.

Oct 18, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #378 of 8,633
I believe the point of the quote is that when people rely on hope in the face of adversity they can create a false sense of a positive future instead of recognizing the potential bad (evil) situation and trends and taking active steps to counter them in order to create a better future. Without action and only hope man cannot make progress and succumbs to evil.
+100000

Oct 18, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #379 of 8,633
well to be honest , Nietzche was one miserable depressing dude

cool quotes though , but seems like a whinny little bi.tch

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #380 of 8,633
well to be honest , Nietzche was one miserable depressing dude

cool quotes though , but seems like a whinny little bi.tch
Personally I prefer Socrates and Plato

Oct 19, 2019 at 2:43 AM Post #381 of 8,633
Just tested the ZX500, Only the balanced, I don't have a earphone terminated with SE. The soundstage is noticeably larger, bass response is also better zx300, with deeper and punchier bass, mid bass also have a higher presence. Treble extends slightly better, not by much. Overall Fuller sound but sound coloured as compared to the neutral response of my zx300. Tested with Ultimate Ears Reference Remastered
Oh yes, the OS is no longer choppy and lag like zx300. Contrast also much better

Oct 19, 2019 at 6:11 AM Post #383 of 8,633
In which way "coloured"? And what about resolution and Soundstage?

Favors low/mid end. Vocal sounds thick. Like mentioned previously, soundstage is noticeably larger, bass response is also better than zx300, with deeper and punchier bass. Treble extends slightly better, not by much. I honestly don't find it more detailed than zx300.
Another thing to mention is the slow loading of database. It took nearly a minute to load all the songs in my sd card, on zx300, only 10seconds

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:29 AM Post #384 of 8,633
Favors low/mid end. Vocal sounds thick. Like mentioned previously, soundstage is noticeably larger, bass response is also better than zx300, with deeper and punchier bass. Treble extends slightly better, not by much. I honestly don't find it more detailed than zx300.
Another thing to mention is the slow loading of database. It took nearly a minute to load all the songs in my sd card, on zx300, only 10seconds

More like the ZX2 with more power then?

Oct 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #385 of 8,633
Almost sounds more like the wm1z sound sig, now I'm getting interested to use mseb and neutrons peq on that sound.

Although I'm in love with the little hiby r5 and I can get it to sound pretty much like anything. Actually I'm really interested in the little 100 to replace my ap80, but the price is too steep.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #387 of 8,633
Sorry if this has been asked , I read the posts and I don't think it has , but will this work with Deezer and does the zx2 work with Deezer , I'm looking to get either one , I mainly use Deezer so I'm wondering what would be best

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #389 of 8,633

thanx for those early impressions ,maybe zx500 also needs 200-400 hours like wm1a/z before settling sound-wise ?

i expect many people to get one and burn it in as they listen so next month should be full of more reviews

Oct 19, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #390 of 8,633

Users who are viewing this thread

Back