1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

NEW SONY NW-ZX500

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by leylandi, Sep 5, 2019.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. goody
    I will be waiting for your review psikey..are you preordering the 100 year anniversary version

2. psikey
    You mean the 40 year? No, just without the case.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    Vitaly2017 likes this.
  3. goody
    Sorry lol.. 40 year ok

4. mandrei83
    I am actually curious if Roonlabs will integrate this DAP with Roon and in few months the device can be used as endpoint, just like Chord Poly can be used.

5. brainchill
    So, does anyone here actually have one of these in their hands yet?

6. brainchill
    I'm really interested in something to replace the ZX300 that will be a little more versatile but still has the physical build quality of the zx300

7. Vitaly2017

Nope we are all still waiting for freshly backed news and reviews :p

brainchill likes this.
  8. brainchill
    I've got a ZX300 that is more portable and a WM1A that is more like a brick and I'm thinking about getting rid of the ZX300 and replacing it with something t hat's still small adjacent but that could do some decent casual streaming ... and then this came along.

9. Tickbook
    Liono, tenedosian, psikey and 5 others like this.
  10. psikey
    "If you are not using the W. Music app, the high resolution sound source will be down converted to 48 kHz / 16 bit."

Maybe Tidal App will do MQA's fine and UAPP app should also bypass android audio (hopefully).

11. purk Contributor
    Sony just have to be Sony I guess with down converting on other streaming apps. A let down really.

Vitaly2017 likes this.
  12. psikey
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  13. brokengundam
    I pre-ordered through a proxy (fromjapan). I got 10% off ordering the ZX500, the case, and the screen protector from Rakutan through fromjapan's website. I figure it should be more than good enough to push my CA Equinox or Vega. If i'm lucky, Poweramp will be able to use its own driver to achieve higher bitrates, and if not, I'll just have to enjoy the cassette animations while playing songs. :)

superuser1 likes this.
  14. superuser1
    "Hope is the worst of all evils for it prolongs the torments of man"
    - Nietzsche

llamaluv and davidmolliere like this.
  15. psikey
    Really?

Good job my ancestors didn't believe that when they were fighting the Natzis.

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last