SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 12, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #4,156 of 15,089
Understand that CASE actually doesn’t have any authority mainly they will just do the mediation. Anyway, the guy said he will call me again tomorrow to give me update on the post-repair testing status. I will see what he has to say since he mentioned he will bring it up to Sony (and actually this is how I figure Sony doesn’t run their own service center, since the guys keep saying he will bring it to Sony so I asked and that’s when he explained that in Singapore, Sony services including the repair centre are all outsourced to this one single company which Sony authorised it).

Understand that CASE actually doesn’t have any authority mainly they will just do the mediation. Anyway, the guy said he will call me again tomorrow to give me update on the post-repair testing status. I will see what he has to say since he mentioned he will bring it up to Sony (and actually this is how I figure Sony doesn’t run their own service center, since the guys keep saying he will bring it to Sony so I asked and that’s when he explained that in Singapore, Sony services including the repair centre are all outsourced to this one single company which Sony authorised it).
think they dun bother to escalate up to Sony HQ in the first place, and try to repair it and case closed.

Until customer bang table, threatened to log CASE, post forum, facebook, email sony hq directly. Then u will see them attending to you. Its not sony fault, its the service partner darm altitude in treating customer.

Anyway i think u should log a Case, to address ur unfair treatment. Probably they (manager) have to explain to their own company top management and to sony hq why things gotten out of hand.

You nvr know how many time they have pull this trick to us local sg ppl.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 5:49 PM Post #4,157 of 15,089
Understand that CASE actually doesn’t have any authority mainly they will just do the mediation. Anyway, the guy said he will call me again tomorrow to give me update on the post-repair testing status. I will see what he has to say since he mentioned he will bring it up to Sony (and actually this is how I figure Sony doesn’t run their own service center, since the guys keep saying he will bring it to Sony so I asked and that’s when he explained that in Singapore, Sony services including the repair centre are all outsourced to this one single company which Sony authorised it)
I would also clearly advice to not trust what they say and contact Sony Japan yourself in any case. Share with them your discontent about the product and the service provided.

It is obvious that Sony Singapore is not there to help you and to care about Sony's image but only to take your money.
I really do not think any of that would happen in Japan, especially if you complain as you should.

May 12, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #4,158 of 15,089
I would also clearly advice to not trust what they say and contact Sony Japan yourself in any case. Share with them your discontent about the product and the service provided.

It is obvious that Sony Singapore is not there to help you and to care about Sony's image but only to take your money.
I really do not think any of that would happen in Japan, especially if you complain as you should.
Finally did launch complain to Sony corporate through their Japan website. Let’s see if they bother.

May 13, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #4,161 of 15,089
Android Debloating list updated: System Memory usage dropped to 1453MB

Please use this uninstall tool for convenience:
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/

So far these are safe to UNINSTALL:
Google Assistant com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Google Photos com.google.android.apps.photos
Google Docs com.google.android.apps.docs
Google Maps com.google.android.apps.maps
Google Calendar com.google.android.calendar
Gmail com.google.android.gm
Google TV com.google.android.videos
Google Duo com.google.android.apps.tachyon
Digital Wellbeing com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Google Location History com.google.android.gms.location.history
Android Sound Recorder com.android.soundrecorder
Android Accessibility Suite com.google.android.marvin.talkback
Speech Services by Google com.google.android.tts
Google Store App Feedback com.google.android.feedback
Print Service com.android.bips
Google Workspace/Enterprise Management com.android.managedprovisioning
Printer Service com.android.printspooler
Calendar Sync com.android.providers.calendar
Google Music EQ com.android.musicfx
Android Easter Egg com.android.egg
Calculator com.google.android.calculator
Wireless emergency alerts com.google.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
Print Service Recommendation Service com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Live Wallpaper Picker com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
Blocked Numbers Storage com.android.providers.blockednumber
Android Auto com.google.android.projection.gearhead
Basic Daydreams com.android.dreams.basic
Google Backup com.android.localtransport

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 12:53 AM Post #4,162 of 15,089
Just received my WM1ZM2 from Sony Australia a couple hours ago, and have only clocked in 20 minutes of listening time. But wanted to share some raw thoughts comparing it with an original WM1Z on the latest Mr Walkman Firmware.

• WM1ZM2
    • Direct Sound (all adjustments OFF)
  • WM1ZM1 (fully burned in, since 2018)
    • Mr Walkman - Walkman One FW (plus v2, bright, JP)
    • Direct Sound
  • IER-Z1R - Balanced
  • Both Walkmans set to low gain @ 120
  • Listening was done over USB-DAC mode

What immediately stands out with the M2 over the M1 to my ears is:
  • A darker sound signature, richer lower end with a slower decay (reminds me of the original M1 FW)
  • Cleaner noise floor (could also be due to the darker sound signature)
    • Evokes the feeling of being in a monitoring studio, very clean.
  • Soundstage feels narrower but deeper, also not as high
  • Although less bright, detail retrival sounds more delicate and refined.
  • Mr Walkman FW M1 is louder (about 10-15 points)
All that in mind. I would say a modded M1 with CFW definitely holds up against an unburned in M2 unit. Texturally and Timbre-wise Mr Walkman sounds more realistic. Overall Mr Walkman has done an incredible job of tuning the M1s. I don't feel like I'm missing out on much.

Currently the M2 has a bit of 'honkiness' to female vocals that I hope clears up once burned in.

May 13, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #4,163 of 15,089
Android Debloating list updated: System Memory usage dropped to 1453MB

Please use this uninstall tool for convenience:
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/

So far these are safe to remove:
Google Assistant com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Google Photos com.google.android.apps.photos
Google Docs com.google.android.apps.docs
Google Maps com.google.android.apps.maps
Google Calendar com.google.android.calendar
Gmail com.google.android.gm
Google TV com.google.android.videos
Google Duo com.google.android.apps.tachyon
Digital Wellbeing com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Google Location History com.google.android.gms.location.history
Android Sound Recorder com.android.soundrecorder
Android Accessibility Suite com.google.android.marvin.talkback
Speech Services by Google com.google.android.tts
Google Store App Feedback com.google.android.feedback
Print Service com.android.bips
Google Workspace/Enterprise Management com.android.managedprovisioning
Printer Service com.android.printspooler
Calendar Sync com.android.providers.calendar
Google Music EQ com.android.musicfx
Android Easter Egg com.android.egg
Calculator com.google.android.calculator
Wireless emergency alerts com.google.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
Print Service Recommendation Service com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Live Wallpaper Picker com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
Blocked Numbers Storage com.android.providers.blockednumber
Android Auto com.google.android.projection.gearhead
Basic Daydreams com.android.dreams.basic
Google Backup com.android.localtransport
Do we know if debloating will affect taking in the next OTA update?

May 13, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #4,165 of 15,089
Do we know if debloating will affect taking in the next OTA update?
If you mean if debloating will affect the ability to do OTA updates? As long as you don't disable the essential system update app it should work fine. You can always do App reinstall/reset to restore back to the original configuration before OTA update.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #4,166 of 15,089
Just received my WM1ZM2 from Sony Australia a couple hours ago, and have only clocked in 20 minutes of listening time.

Mine arrived during lunch time too.
Its my first Sony DAP and quite surprised it doesnt sound as what I have expected. Will definitely need burn in (both the dap and my brain).
B79E54D3-B45A-4254-828C-DAD7C4F8B790.jpeg

May 13, 2022 at 3:16 AM Post #4,167 of 15,089
Give it a couple of hours. I think my brain has adapted or the machine has opened up. There's this super satisfying 'physicality' to the darker sound signature that the M1 doesn't have.

The sound has cleared up a bit too, female vocals are less honky now :sunglasses:

May 13, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #4,168 of 15,089
The sound has cleared up a bit too, female vocals are less honky now

Yeah, this is the 1st thing I notice. The vocal sounds congested. Very different than my TT2 that i was listening thats clean. Tonality is very2 warm.

I changed the sound to Hi-Res as suggested by @Sonywalkmanuser guide (Thanks for the guide by the way!) I guess there’s nothing else to do to maximise the SQ?

May 13, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #4,169 of 15,089
Yeah, this is the 1st thing I notice. The vocal sounds congested. Very different than my TT2 that i was listening thats clean. Tonality is very2 warm.

I changed the sound to Hi-Res as suggested by @Sonywalkmanuser guide (Thanks for the guide by the way!) I guess there’s nothing else to do to maximise the SQ?

Outside of that, If you own a modern Sony branded iem/headphone , I recommend to use the included Headphone app to add wired set profile(WIFI needs to be connected) and do the necessary ear photo upload. This will not just improve 360RA audio Apps but in my exerience, also affect the spatial sound experience on the Walkman Music App with regular stereo music files.

• TRULY WIRELESS
    LinkBuds (WF-L900), WF-1000XM4, WF-1000XM3, WF-1000X, WF-H800, WF-SP800N, WF-C500
  • HEADBAND
    WH-1000XM4, WH-1000XM3, WH-1000XM2, WH-H910N, WH-H900N, WH-H810, WH-H800, WH-XB910N, WH-XB900N, WH-XB700, MDR-XB950N1, MDR-XB950B1, MDR-Z1R, MDR-Z7M2, MDR-Z7, MDR-1AM2, MDR-1A, MDR-H600A
  • IN-EAR
    WI-1000XM2, WI-1000X, WI-H700, IER-Z1R, IER-M9, IER-M7, IER-H500A, XBA-Z5, XBA-N3, XBA-N1, SBH90C, STH50C

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back