SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 12, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #4,141 of 15,089
Another update. They just called me and now I know why Sony Singapore doesn’t seem to care much about their reputation, as it turns out the whole customer service as well as the repair center are not actually running by Sony themselves, it’s all outsourced. Knowing this, it seems that Sony is very well showing that service is something they have already given up.

Anyway, I asked about 1-1 exchange, they have the audacity to actually told me their exchange policy is 7 days after the date of purchase!!! It’s a product that has 2-3 months wait time from preorder date which would mean they are actually won’t be giving away any 1-1 exchange!! I told them mines is preorder, of course, it’s out of their bloody 1-1 exchange policy!! They told me they will try to expedite the post repair testing for me. And I asked for them to reset my warranty to start from the date of my collection, they said they need to check with Sony!!

Gosh!! One lemon with Sony left the worst sour taste in my mouth.

I actually own many totl DAP from the like of AK (SP2000), FiiO (M17), Hiby (R8), iBasso (300MAX) etc, I never have any issues with the set and the one I had issue once (besides this bloody 1ZM2) was with the AK SP2000, AK happily did brand new 1-1 exchange for me in a week even though it wasn’t a DOA case (it was 7 months into its life). So, I guess Sony focus isn’t much on their audio anymore since their camera and ps5 are their cash cow, so you get this crappy support for their totl DAP.

you know, you have a Consumer Protection Act, commonly known as the Lemon Law, in Singapore. I think you should read up on it.

May 12, 2022 at 8:59 AM Post #4,142 of 15,089
I am sorry to hear that man, in that case, it isn’t Sony, but the dealers and the places they outsourced for.

Usually when stated 7 days after purchase. It started counting from when you received it. Whether or not you operated it. You should have the tracking number to show them and the support on the same day you asked as a references ?

May 12, 2022 at 10:44 AM Post #4,145 of 15,089
I am sorry to hear that man, in that case, it isn’t Sony, but the dealers and the places they outsourced for.

Usually when stated 7 days after purchase. It started counting from when you received it. Whether or not you operated it. You should have the tracking number to show them and the support on the same day you asked as a references ?
I have all the details and seriously, Sony, outsource or not, should know jolly well the product only started shipping in April so they actually shouldn’t even tell me about that 7 days policy in the first place. And outsourced or not, their staffs are still bearing Sony flag, Sony should at least do have some form of controlling how their outsource should operate on their behalf before Sony decided to let go of their own in house support.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 10:52 AM Post #4,146 of 15,089
Here from great straight down to worst experience.

Attachments

• 59DD708A-AAC5-4875-BF87-7BA6CF4A55AF.jpeg
    59DD708A-AAC5-4875-BF87-7BA6CF4A55AF.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 12, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #4,147 of 15,089
It's my turn finally after one month of shipment delay...
20220509_230107-01.jpeg

May 12, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #4,149 of 15,089
How are you guys listening to your IEMs with these new m2, with high gain on or off at this point?
This new m2 Walkman does not have any distortion or frequency balance changes with high gain. I would recommend using high gain for burning in. It will work the capacitors more.

May 12, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #4,152 of 15,089
I have all the details and seriously, Sony, outsource or not, should know jolly well the product only started shipping in April so they actually shouldn’t even tell me about that 7 days policy in the first place. And outsourced or not, their staffs are still bearing Sony flag, Sony should at least do have some form of controlling how their outsource should operate on their behalf before Sony decided to let go of their own in house support.
Seems like Sony in name only, as said you should escalate directly to Sony Japan/Global. As for the 7 day exchange the distributor is just blowing you off to save cost on their end as obviously your within the return period. If purchased with a credit card I'd also speak with the provider to revoke the payment as the item is not fit for purpose and the distributor playing games with your rights as a consumer.

Q-6

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 11:25 AM Post #4,153 of 15,089
Another update. They just called me and now I know why Sony Singapore doesn’t seem to care much about their reputation, as it turns out the whole customer service as well as the repair center are not actually running by Sony themselves, it’s all outsourced. Knowing this, it seems that Sony is very well showing that service is something they have already given up.

Anyway, I asked about 1-1 exchange, they have the audacity to actually told me their exchange policy is 7 days after the date of purchase!!! It’s a product that has 2-3 months wait time from preorder date which would mean they are actually won’t be giving away any 1-1 exchange!! I told them mines is preorder, of course, it’s out of their bloody 1-1 exchange policy!! They told me they will try to expedite the post repair testing for me. And I asked for them to reset my warranty to start from the date of my collection, they said they need to check with Sony!!

Gosh!! One lemon with Sony left the worst sour taste in my mouth.

I actually own many totl DAP from the like of AK (SP2000), FiiO (M17), Hiby (R8), iBasso (300MAX) etc, I never have any issues with the set and the one I had issue once (besides this bloody 1ZM2) was with the AK SP2000, AK happily did brand new 1-1 exchange for me in a week even though it wasn’t a DOA case (it was 7 months into its life). So, I guess Sony focus isn’t much on their audio anymore since their camera and ps5 are their cash cow, so you get this crappy support for their totl DAP.
It time u go to CASE and log a case using lemon law. These joker are trying to jerk u off.

May 12, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #4,154 of 15,089
The warranty period should start based on the day of collection and not based on date of preorder.

I only got my official purchase receipt printed on the day of collection.
Agree. I check back the letter sony give me when i made the deposit, it CLEARLY indicate deposit collection, it's not a invoice or proof of purchase letter.

May 12, 2022 at 11:54 AM Post #4,155 of 15,089
It time u go to CASE and log a case using lemon law. These joker are trying to jerk u off.
Understand that CASE actually doesn’t have any authority mainly they will just do the mediation. Anyway, the guy said he will call me again tomorrow to give me update on the post-repair testing status. I will see what he has to say since he mentioned he will bring it up to Sony (and actually this is how I figure Sony doesn’t run their own service center, since the guys keep saying he will bring it to Sony so I asked and that’s when he explained that in Singapore, Sony services including the repair centre are all outsourced to this one single company which Sony authorised it).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back