SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
May 13, 2022 at 4:54 AM Post #4,171 of 15,518
If you mean if debloating will affect the ability to do OTA updates? As long as you don't disable the essential system update app it should work fine. You can always do App reinstall/reset to restore back to the original configuration before OTA update.
Yes, if debloat affects it to be able to upgrade through OTA later. Since we can restore the apps, it should not be a big issue. Anyway I used your list, seems good no issues on reboot. I kept Google app and also uninstalled "Clock" since I prefer to theme the search bar white as it cannot be removed from the 1st screen.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #4,172 of 15,518
Hello Guys.
After 4/5 hours of listenind, my thoughts of the AM2 :
- build quality : very premium
-screen : LCD so not very good but enought for listening music. Amoled will better for this price
- EU sound : yes it's could be far louder, we clearly hearing that the AM2 have more power.
- The soundstage is amazing : every detail is clear

My little conclusion : a good choice for having a great and deep sound. I haven't streaming yet.
So to be continue😉

May 13, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #4,173 of 15,518
Yeah, this is the 1st thing I notice. The vocal sounds congested. Very different than my TT2 that i was listening thats clean. Tonality is very2 warm.

I changed the sound to Hi-Res as suggested by @Sonywalkmanuser guide (Thanks for the guide by the way!) I guess there’s nothing else to do to maximise the SQ?
This congestion will start to clear up after about 50-60hrs. And yeah, the same here, ZM2 sounded a bit too thick out of the box.

May 13, 2022 at 6:45 AM Post #4,174 of 15,518
For what it's worth Sony in the UK are also shocking when it comes to warranty issues. They outsource their issues to a company called SBE who are basically just thieves.

I've had a few bad experiences with them but the lastest issue I had was that on my XPERIA 1 the fingerprint scanner stopped working completely (known issue, 100s of pages on Sony's own forums about this issue) so I sent it in for repair. They:

1.) Cracked the back
2.) Refused to send photos to show clearly the damage THEY had caused
3.) Refused to confirm if it was a crack or a scuff
4.) Refused warranty on the basis the bottom right corner had a scuff (which I did myself)
5.) Sent me a quote for a whole list of parts and fixes THAT DID NOT NEED FIXING
6.) I asked, just repair the fingerprint scanner and send it back, I'll pay for the fingerprint scanner. They refused saying they need to fix the whole thing.

At the end of the day I stopped replying and they kept the phone because I couldn't be bothered any more and I just bought another phone 2nd hand.

I am a Sony fan boy but many of their products I've had in the past have had manufacturing defects or critical software issues and they brush it under the carpet and refuse to deal with it. They customer service is shocking. I wanted to buy a OLED TV but automatically ruled them out coz I didn't want to risk buying such an expensive item with such poor support.

If anyone can write here or PM me on how to lodge a complaint with someone at Sony who matters then I would like to know.

May 13, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #4,175 of 15,518
Android Debloating list updated: System Memory usage dropped to 1453MB

Please use this uninstall tool for convenience:
https://adbappcontrol.com/en/

So far these are safe to UNINSTALL:
Google Assistant com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
Google Photos com.google.android.apps.photos
Google Docs com.google.android.apps.docs
Google Maps com.google.android.apps.maps
Google Calendar com.google.android.calendar
Gmail com.google.android.gm
Google TV com.google.android.videos
Google Duo com.google.android.apps.tachyon
Digital Wellbeing com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
Google Location History com.google.android.gms.location.history
Android Sound Recorder com.android.soundrecorder
Android Accessibility Suite com.google.android.marvin.talkback
Speech Services by Google com.google.android.tts
Google Store App Feedback com.google.android.feedback
Print Service com.android.bips
Google Workspace/Enterprise Management com.android.managedprovisioning
Printer Service com.android.printspooler
Calendar Sync com.android.providers.calendar
Google Music EQ com.android.musicfx
Android Easter Egg com.android.egg
Calculator com.google.android.calculator
Wireless emergency alerts com.google.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
Print Service Recommendation Service com.google.android.printservice.recommendation
Live Wallpaper Picker com.android.wallpaper.livepicker
Blocked Numbers Storage com.android.providers.blockednumber
Android Auto com.google.android.projection.gearhead
Basic Daydreams com.android.dreams.basic
Google Backup com.android.localtransport

A dumb question, how do you use? I'm already "developer" by clicking on Build Number in About Device, though I don't see anywhere "Developer" shortcut in M2 settings. Then, I installed this program on my laptop, selected "file transfer" when connected M2 to my laptop, started the program, and what is next? What/where to click to connect to WM1ZM2 cause it's not connected right now. Sorry, I usually don't root or play with ADB tools.

May 13, 2022 at 7:49 AM Post #4,176 of 15,518
A dumb question, how do you use? I'm already "developer" by clicking on Build Number in About Device, though I don't see anywhere "Developer" shortcut in M2 settings. Then, I installed this program on my laptop, selected "file transfer" when connected M2 to my laptop, started the program, and what is next? What/where to click to connect to WM1ZM2 cause it's not connected right now. Sorry, I usually don't root or play with ADB tools.
You need to enable usb debugging mode on your Walkman:
settings > system > advanced > developer options > usb debugging > toggle right
Connect Walkman to your laptop and enable file transfer.
Download and use this tool on your laptop. Select the packages in my list and uninstall them.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 7:54 AM Post #4,177 of 15,518
You need to enable usb debugging mode on your Walkman:
settings > system > advanced > developer options > usb debugging > toggle right
Connect Walkman to your laptop and enable file transfer.
Download and use this tool on your laptop. Select the packages in my list and uninstall them.

Thanks, that's what I was missing, couldn't find where Sony put Developer options :D

May 13, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #4,179 of 15,518
May 13, 2022 at 9:57 AM Post #4,180 of 15,518
Giving the FitEar DC Ti/009 Aqua cable a run out with the 1ZM2. :) Very enjoyable combo.

6927F99F-1CD8-456A-811E-32E08BA90743.jpeg

May 13, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #4,182 of 15,518
For what it's worth Sony in the UK are also shocking when it comes to warranty issues. They outsource their issues to a company called SBE who are basically just thieves.

I've had a few bad experiences with them but the lastest issue I had was that on my XPERIA 1 the fingerprint scanner stopped working completely (known issue, 100s of pages on Sony's own forums about this issue) so I sent it in for repair. They:

1.) Cracked the back
2.) Refused to send photos to show clearly the damage THEY had caused
3.) Refused to confirm if it was a crack or a scuff
4.) Refused warranty on the basis the bottom right corner had a scuff (which I did myself)
5.) Sent me a quote for a whole list of parts and fixes THAT DID NOT NEED FIXING
6.) I asked, just repair the fingerprint scanner and send it back, I'll pay for the fingerprint scanner. They refused saying they need to fix the whole thing.

At the end of the day I stopped replying and they kept the phone because I couldn't be bothered any more and I just bought another phone 2nd hand.

I am a Sony fan boy but many of their products I've had in the past have had manufacturing defects or critical software issues and they brush it under the carpet and refuse to deal with it. They customer service is shocking. I wanted to buy a OLED TV but automatically ruled them out coz I didn't want to risk buying such an expensive item with such poor support.

If anyone can write here or PM me on how to lodge a complaint with someone at Sony who matters then I would like to know.
Don’t bother, it looks like even Sony Japan care crap about the service, nothing come back from them. I have my Japanese colleague help me send the Japanese feedback through Sony Japan. At the same time I sent another one through Sony Japan website which Google translate help me see one of the option to send feedback in English, one whole day, no reply to either the Japanese version nor the English version of the feedback.

So I guess, I can just hope that after repair things will work okay and after which this would be my last ever spending money with this crappy company called Sony.

I have to admit, nowadays when it comes to service, Japanese company are nothing near what China or Korean company can provide. Those Chi-fi products from FiiO, iBasso etc are giving customer service some respectable substance as compare to Sony.

Last edited:
May 13, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #4,183 of 15,518
Don’t bother, it looks like even Sony Japan care crap about the service, nothing come back from them. I have my Japanese colleague help me send the Japanese feedback through Sony Japan. At the same time I sent another one through Sony Japan website which Google translate help me see one of the option to send feedback in English, one whole day, no reply to either the Japanese version nor the English version of the feedback.

So I guess, I can just hope that after repair things will work okay and after which this would be my last ever spending money with this crappy company called Sony.

I have to admit, nowadays when it comes to service, Japanese company are nothing near what China or Korean company can provide. Those Chi-fi products from FiiO, iBasso etc are giving customer service some respectable substance as compare to Sony.
Agree about ur point on chi-fi service.

May 13, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #4,184 of 15,518

I made pretty good experience with the Sony support so far. I don't remember how long it exactly took, but I got a friendly and helpful reply with an solution to my problem.

On the other hand, I am still waiting for an reply from FiiO about the incredible lag when using the Bluetooth Receiver mode

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back