SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Mar 9, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #1,216 of 2,453
  Actually the extra power from the A30 series over the A20 series comes from the addition of 5 capacitors on the amplifier output stage to increase the power output.  I think the WM series has 7 higher grade capacitors on the amplifier output stage to provide the extra power the WM series offers.  

confused.gif
 Capacitors don't increase output power.  What the heck are you talking about?

Mar 9, 2017 at 8:25 AM Post #1,217 of 2,453
 The audio chip (Not really a DAC in this case) is a proprietary Sony chip, according to some its actually the same as the one in the WM1 series, the new HX version.

You certainly cant get 35mw out of the A25 series so i doubt its the same as that.

Mark

Actually the extra power from the A30 series over the A20 series comes from the addition of 5 capacitors on the amplifier output stage to increase the power output.  I think the WM series has 7 higher grade capacitors on the amplifier output stage to provide the extra power the WM series offers.  

Capaciators only store power in a electric field. They don't increase power.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,219 of 2,453

confused.gif

​The WM1 series has a supercapacitor to prevent voltage drops and actually in the ouput stage the WM1 has 9 caps for SE and 4 more for BALANCED. I think Caps are use to clean the signal

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:49 AM Post #1,220 of 2,453

confused.gif

Capaciators only store power in a electric field. They don't increase power.

​The WM1 series has a supercapacitor to prevent voltage drops and actually in the ouput stage the WM1 has 9 caps for SE and 4 more for BALANCED. I think Caps are use to clean the signal

I never actually said they increase output power it is more complicated than just adding the capacitors  but they do assist in regulating power flow.  The polymer capacitors allow for greater ripple current and lower equivalent series resistance.  I guess I should have gone into more detail but I wasn't looking to create an indepth discussion on amplifier design and power output.  By themselves they don't create the extra power but allow Sony to design an amplifier stage that can produce more power than the previous models.

Mar 10, 2017 at 7:53 PM Post #1,221 of 2,453
I just received an A35 from Amazon seller "BuyWIse Corp" and the touchscreen is horrible. Several areas of the screen are not responsive at all. For example, I cannot change AM to PM in the clock setting. I cannot select the 400hz, 2.5khz or 6.3khz bands of the equalizer. No problem selecting the 60hz, 1Khz or 16khz bands. I updated the firmware, but that didn't help. Anyone else experiencing anything like this. Maybe I just got a defective one.

Mar 10, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #1,222 of 2,453
  I just received an A35 from Amazon seller "BuyWIse Corp" and the touchscreen is horrible. Several areas of the screen are not responsive at all. For example, I cannot change AM to PM in the clock setting. I cannot select the 400hz, 2.5khz or 6.3khz bands of the equalizer. No problem selecting the 60hz, 1Khz or 16khz bands. I updated the firmware, but that didn't help. Anyone else experiencing anything like this. Maybe I just got a defective one.

​do a reset hold power for 8 sec, or return it for an exchange

Mar 11, 2017 at 8:45 AM Post #1,224 of 2,453
Hi guys. I need some suggestions here. (And sorry for my bad English)
I currently own an S7 edge exynos version (people said it has Wolf DAC) and i'm planning to get an A35. Is it worth it to buy the A35 as another music player? Is the sound quality really better than the S7 edge? Since the headphone i'm using is MDR-100abn and i prefer using it wireless.

Mar 11, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,226 of 2,453

TenderTendon is there a big gap from a35 to wm1a? I see you own both of them...

Mar 11, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #1,227 of 2,453
  TenderTendon is there a big gap from a35 to wm1a? I see you own both of them...

I understand that. I just wanted something small and lightweight that I can run/jog with. The 1A/Z is too big and heavy for that. I can also use the remote with all 3 players. I'm not expecting it to sound as good, but I expect it to work properly. As far as comparing the A35 with the 1A/Z, the A35 is a great sounding player, but power output doesn't compare and the equalizer has much fewer bands. Very small and light too. I would be thrilled with it, if it worked properly. We'll see how the replacement works.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,228 of 2,453
So despite there not being any form of podcast/audiobook support I continue to use mine (as it's such a relief being free from itunes).  Paired them with the venerable sennheiser hd25-II's the other day.  Was surprised by how much better they sounded than out of the ipod classic (7th gen) I had been using.  IF podcast/audiobook support was in anyway forthcoming I would be more than happy with this as a daily driver.  Size is nice, sounds ok and so on.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #1,229 of 2,453
So despite there not being any form of podcast/audiobook support I continue to use mine (as it's such a relief being free from itunes).  Paired them with the venerable sennheiser hd25-II's the other day.  Was surprised by how much better they sounded than out of the ipod classic (7th gen) I had been using.  IF podcast/audiobook support was in anyway forthcoming I would be more than happy with this as a daily driver.  Size is nice, sounds ok and so on.

curious, can you at least seek through a podcast using the touchscreen (like directly selecting a point in the track)? this might make it tolerable for me without podcast bookmarking, if I dont' have to hold down fast forward and rewind to find my spot

Users who are viewing this thread

Back