SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Sep 10, 2016 at 2:05 AM Post #76 of 2,453
Anyone know if this player will have an FM radio ?

*edit* oops Sadly it will not have one. I hope they at least have podcast bookmark functionality. http://www.sony-asia.com/electronics/walkman/nw-a30-series/specifications

Sep 10, 2016 at 11:43 AM Post #79 of 2,453
FM Radio - YES.
It is listed in the same specifications page indeed.

lmao, my bad... thanks for correcting- so confusing the way they list it, because I saw this:

but then some way down the page:

Sep 10, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #81 of 2,453
No native DSD, seems that's only available on the NW-WM1A/Z.

Also the HP out is rated at 35mW for the new NW-A30 series 
smily_headphones1.gif

More info here: http://music-lifestyle.net/select_hr_walkman/

Sep 11, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #85 of 2,453
35mW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

look at me, so happy over something a $30 Sansa could do......... ahhhhhh Sony.... :blink:
Thanks yaluen for sharing that chart!

Sep 11, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #87 of 2,453
  ... so the new A35 will be the same price as a25, and will have more power 
beerchug.gif
, thanks for your information.

Wonder if that will hold true for the european market.  That sort of player for around £250 would not be bad going.  Step up from the a15 series but not as high as the zx100 series.  Of course that means it will be competing with the 128 gig touch at that price :frowning2:

Sep 11, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #88 of 2,453
  Actually on further research I noticed one difference between the A30 series and the ZX100. The ZX100 has OS-CON capacitors on the amplifier output stage and it looks like the A30 series will still have POSCAPS.  At the very least it seems to indicate that output power for the A30 will be about the same as the A10/A20 series at 10 mW per channel vs the 15 mW per channel on the ZX100.  The OS-CONS probably contributed partially to the sound signature of the ZX100 so I don't know that the A30 series and ZX100 will have quite the same sound signature.

And also- this may seem minor- the A30 doesn't have the copper vessel around the jack. Which may or may not indicate that Sony doesn't put this on the same level as the zx100.

Nevertheless, knowing that the A30 is probably inferior to the ZX100 in terms of sound and knowing Sony's surprises, I still have hope that they will release another model sooner or later. 

Sep 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #89 of 2,453
And also- this may seem minor- the A30 doesn't have the copper vessel around the jack. Which may or may not indicate that Sony doesn't put this on the same level as the zx100.

Nevertheless, knowing that the A30 is probably inferior to the ZX100 in terms of sound and knowing Sony's surprises, I still have hope that they will release another model sooner or later. 

Probably the case as they seem to replace the ZX series with the WM series. Hopefully they do add one for "upper mid" price range next year or two.
On the other hand, though, the A30 will have the new S-Master chip and I thnk for a lot people the additional output might actually make a pretty big effective improvement, over the older A-series, one reason several people (including me) mentioned for voided switching to zx100.
That and absent podcast mode.. please have podcast mode!

Sep 11, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #90 of 2,453
Probably the case as they seem to replace the ZX series with the WM series. Hopefully they do add one for "upper mid" price range next year or two.
On the other hand, though, the A30 will have the new S-Master chip and I thnk for a lot people the additional output might actually make a pretty big effective improvement, over the older A-series, one reason several people (including me) mentioned for voided switching to zx100.
That and absent podcast mode.. please have podcast mode!

just a question how do you load podcasts onto the player ...do you use mediago?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back