SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jan 3, 2018 at 4:37 PM Post #2,191 of 2,453
Sorry to ask again, but seems like no one saw it;

Could I please get some real life opinions regarding the A25 vs the A35, exclusively in terms of Sound Quality (nothing else please).

Would you think there would be significant differences between them when both used exclusively with the Sony MDR-1A?

Thank you!

I have a 2 year old A17 and I have auditioned both the A25 and A35. I could not hear an audible difference between my A17 and the A25 and subtle differences between my A17 and the A35. However, with my A17 stacked with my Fiio Q1 via HO I found virtually no difference in sound quality between my A17/Q1 and the A35. I suspect the added power of the Q1 helped to overcome the differences between my stack and the A35. As a result I decided to pass on the A35 as I also didn't want to lose 48 GB of storage and AptX support for no real gain in sound quality. But I am finally going to upgrade to the A45 since AptX has been added and AptX HD is also supported. I think that the extra power from the A45 will allow me to retire my Q1 and use it as my computer DAC/Amp.

Jan 4, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #2,192 of 2,453
I have a 2 year old A17 and I have auditioned both the A25 and A35. I could not hear an audible difference between my A17 and the A25 and subtle differences between my A17 and the A35. However, with my A17 stacked with my Fiio Q1 via HO I found virtually no difference in sound quality between my A17/Q1 and the A35. I suspect the added power of the Q1 helped to overcome the differences between my stack and the A35. As a result I decided to pass on the A35 as I also didn't want to lose 48 GB of storage and AptX support for no real gain in sound quality. But I am finally going to upgrade to the A45 since AptX has been added and AptX HD is also supported. I think that the extra power from the A45 will allow me to retire my Q1 and use it as my computer DAC/Amp.

Thank you for that, very helpful (and to the others that also replied, thank you!).

What is the power difference between the A25 and A45? I haven´t been able to find any of those specs on Sony´s website...

Jan 4, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #2,193 of 2,453
Thank you for that, very helpful (and to the others that also replied, thank you!).

What is the power difference between the A25 and A45? I haven´t been able to find any of those specs on Sony´s website...

The A10 series is only 10 mW per channel into 16 ohms and as far as I know so is the A25. The A35/A45 are rated at 35 mW per channel into 16 ohms. It doesn't sound like much but Sony's Class D digital amp design is much more efficient than other DAP's with traditional Class A/B amplifiers so the figures are misleading when you compare Sony DAP's power output to other manufacturers. They are definitely not powerful DAP's but my A17 alone can power my over ear headphones to decent volume levels.

Jan 4, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,198 of 2,453
You know I thought that when I click on the side button (switching tracks) is going on a second longer than a normal player, you, too, right?
Not too much. Since i moved all my music on the SD card and wiped the internal memory, the player has become more responsive. Maybe the internal flash memory is not the best of the best :confused:

Jan 10, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #2,201 of 2,453
Has anyone successfully tried paring a A35 with something like the ifi iDSD BL?

Jan 14, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,202 of 2,453
Hi guys, this is a great player, sound is great too.Just one problem,how to organize to play all songs from one folder, for example,first song is going from Autobahn Kraftwerk but next song will play from another artist, it's happening from SD card only.Anybody has the same problem?For all my files I am used Sony Media Go program.Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back