NEW! Sony - MDR-X10 & MDR-X05
Sep 11, 2012 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

HiFiGuy528

Member of the Trade: Woo Audio
Simon Cowell has a headphones line backed by guess who? ...... Sony! MDR-X-10 as in X-Factor.

Sep 11, 2012 at 6:23 PM Post #2 of 36
Wait wait don't tell me...

It will be called the Cod Fish, and only fit a poorly cut Flat Top haircut!

I can't wait.

Only Joking, Jim

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #4 of 36
Wait wait don't tell me...
It will be called the Cod Fish, and only fit a poorly cut Flat Top haircut!
I can't wait.
Only Joking, Jim

It'll be called "cod piece"...

Sep 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #5 of 36
Quote:
It'll be called "cod piece"...

Ooops, My Bad... You are right.

On another note, I must apologize for bangin on these.

They look good.

Jim

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:27 AM Post #6 of 36
The guy is a tool. No way I am putting money in his pocket.

Sep 27, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #9 of 36
They look like a pair of rebranded XB800s, and according to Engadget they have a sound signature to match. Quite the contrary to Cowell's claims that they're studio quality (Dishonest marketing on celebrity cans, who'd have thought it!?), and forma gaudy paint job they're double the price of the XB800s. Definitely one to pass up.

Oct 7, 2012 at 11:04 AM Post #11 of 36
Quote:
The guy is a tool. No way I am putting money in his pocket.

You probably do that way more than you even know. They guy even though he's a ******, is a brilliant businessman and has is hands in way more than people realize. The guy makes more than 50 million dollars a year so he's definitely doing something right. Just not sure how that translates over to developing audio gear.  

Oct 9, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #12 of 36
I saw these in Best Buy today and they immediately caught my interest. Sony is definitely taking a cue from the Beats line on styling (which to me is a good thing, I like the way Beats look anyway lol). I don't expect much but I'd love to hear some audiophile impressions on these gorgeous looking cans.

Oct 10, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #13 of 36
Were you able to listen to them?

I too am interested. I have always been a Sony Fanboy so...

They might make it into my collection one day.

Thanks, Jim

I saw these in Best Buy today and they immediately caught my interest. Sony is definitely taking a cue from the Beats line on styling (which to me is a good thing, I like the way Beats look anyway lol). I don't expect much but I'd love to hear some audiophile impressions on these gorgeous looking cans.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #14 of 36
Were you able to listen to them?
I too am interested. I have always been a Sony Fanboy so...
They might make it into my collection one day.
Thanks, Jim

Unfortunately they didn't have them out on display :frowning2:. I'm sure they will eventually though. I really love the styling on these. I hope they sound good. I'll buy them if they do. Looking forward to some impressions from a respectable head-fier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back