New Sixpence None The Richer CD coming out.
Oct 22, 2002 at 4:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

neil

500+ Head-Fier
It's been a few years, but finally, Sixpence is coming out with a new CD. Their official website has full-length links to all their songs (left-nav) though not the best sounding. Don't peg them off as some cheesy Christian rock band -- their stuff is really fantastic, and they put on a good show too.

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:16 AM Post #2 of 16
Ahh -- finally picked it up (couple days after release). Unbelievable that I don't have any other Sixpence fans here -- this band is really good! And if you dig on female vocalists, you just can't lose on this band. Leigh Nash has a really beautiful voice, the band has some pretty good skills (in studio and live), and original song melodies too.

If I don't hear people picking this up at least for a listen, I'm gonna make this post sticky and spam you with private messages.

Nov 3, 2002 at 1:45 AM Post #5 of 16
Eep, were they categorized as a christian rock band? when can we do away with silly categorization?
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2002 at 12:52 PM Post #7 of 16
The lead singer really looks different with new hair style & look, didn't recoginize her when I first saw video. Big change from the
ragmuffin tomboy look during "kiss me" period. Not sure why but I have not purchased any Sixpence CDs, just a bit too tame for me, vocals are very "soothing" and innocent sounding.

I do like the Sundays 1st two CDs, and Sixpence is probably not too different. If I get some time I may explore the "new" Sixpence further.

Nov 8, 2002 at 1:04 PM Post #8 of 16
I hate to hijack,
but I am a total Sundays fan!
like sixpence, it's been awhile....
md

Nov 9, 2002 at 2:36 AM Post #9 of 16
I saw them on Leno last night too, and you know what, it takes them a couple songs to really warm up and get comfortable (not that I know them personally). But I've seen them perform live here in Michigan, and there first couple songs were a bit stiff. And even when I watched their concerts online at House of Blue's web site (when they had them up), it took them a couple to loosen up.

It's a nice album. I didn't like track #2 a whole lot at first, but it has really grown on me. I'm not too hip on that cover (Crowded House), but hopefully, that'll grow on me too so I don't have to skip it.

I'm a huge Sundays fan, also, millerdog. I just listened to Blind at work today.

Nov 9, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by leon
Eep, were they categorized as a christian rock band? when can we do away with silly categorization?
tongue.gif

When I bought their album the other day at Barnes & Noble, they were in the standard pop/rock section. Unfortunately, they didn't have their own divider, and I had to shuffle around the generic "S" section to find them.

Jul 6, 2003 at 1:24 PM Post #13 of 16
Whats the girls name, the singer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back