New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Nov 12, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #826 of 1,045
@HF_Ryan I unfollowed the sponsor forum and that solved the issue. Interesting how that change was effective and unwatching the thread didn't work. Thanks for the help

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #827 of 1,045
@kid vic That is correct. The filters apply sequentially, so if you've selected "Unread threads", "Watched content", and "Threads in which you've participated", you'll see any thread that meets all 3 conditions (keeping in mind that watched content includes of threads in watched forums).

Nov 12, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #828 of 1,045
@HF_Ryan I unfollowed the sponsor forum and that solved the issue. Interesting how that change was effective and unwatching the thread didn't work. Thanks for the help

No problem!

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #829 of 1,045
The search function is not working for me. When I try to search in the free FLAC thread I get "Oops! We ran into some problems. The search could not be completed. Please try again later".

It's been happening for a few hours now.

The search hasn't worked well since the big Forum change.

Windows 10 > Google Chrome.

Cheers fellas.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 12:14 PM Post #831 of 1,045
Yep, broken again. And again...

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #832 of 1,045
The search function is not working for me. When I try to search in the free FLAC thread I get "Oops! We ran into some problems. The search could not be completed. Please try again later".

Thank you for reaching out. We've received a couple reports of search issues following an update overnight and we have the team looking into it now. We appreciate you letting us know and thank you for your patience while our team investigates.

We're rebuilding the search index right now to correct this issue.

Feb 22, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #834 of 1,045
Changing the text formatting (to boldface, italic, underlined, etc.) frequently, though not always, seems to cause a line break. Which makes those features less usable than before.

I like to toggle the BB code off and on alot as well, to check that the formatting of links, graphs, and what have you is correct. So I'm glad that was moved out of its nested menu in the new post window. When editing a post though, it is still nested within a "More options..." sub-menu. If that's needed to save some space (since the edit window is smaller), then that's cool. It's not that much trouble to figure out. But a little more consistency between the interfaces might make them a bit more friendly and easy to use.

I notice that the Remove Formatting tool also changes location, depending on whether you're creating a new post, or editing an existing one. It's not a feature I use much though. So doesn't make much difference to me personally.

Aside from those minor issues, the new interface seems pretty ok, and not a whole lot different than the old one. A darker skin option might be a nice addition at some point though, for better nighttime use of the site. Alot of the major websites, like YouTube and what have you now offer that. And it can definitely be a bit easier on the eyes for some of us night owls and gamers. And for using the site in other low ambient light conditions, such as in a music studio.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #835 of 1,045
@ADUHF, thanks for the feedback!

First, about those line breaks, funny you should mention them. We actually have a minor bug fix update coming online later today that should - amongst other things - eliminate that annoyance.

Regarding the editor, it's an integration of the forum software that we use. And while this editor has advantages over its predecessor, it is still very much a work-in-progress. We recently addressed a different but related bug (just last week in fact), and in the process of doing so, we found out how difficult it can be to customize the editor beyond the basic options they allow us to adjust... specifically, how the editor adjusts itself to screen sizes, and thus what editing controls it chooses to display based on what it thinks our screen sizes are. In short, it sometimes has problems handling this optimally, as you've experienced. We'll try to address what we can, but can't make any promises. :relaxed:

As for darker themes, these have been on our to-do list for quite some time. But between platform updates, bug fixes and as-of-yet unannounced features, they've been back-burnered several times. That said, they are still on our to-do list.

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #836 of 1,045
Thank you for the quick reply, warrenpchi.

Not long after my last post, I noticed that some recent pages were beginning to display with the post date and post count values in a separate column on the left, like this...

POSTEXAMPLE1.jpg

Rather than above the posts, like this...

POSTEXAMPLE2.jpg

...But it appears that's already been resolved. :)

Thank you for your on-going efforts Head-Fi. You folks are the best!

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 12:33 PM Post #837 of 1,045
Thank you for the quick reply, warrenpchi.

Not long after my last post, I noticed that some recent pages were beginning to display with the post date and post count values in a separate column on the left, like this...

POSTEXAMPLE1.jpg

Rather than above the posts, like this...

POSTEXAMPLE2.jpg

...But it appears that's already been resolved. :)

Thank you for your on-going efforts Head-Fi. You folks are the best!
That was a momentary issue as some updates rolled out. You should no longer be seeing that. :)

Feb 22, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #838 of 1,045
What happened to the Like button? Is that no longer a thing?

(browsing on mobile, Android 10, Samsung Internet browser)

Last edited:
Feb 23, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #839 of 1,045
The Like button hasn't gone away and should still be found at the bottom of posts on the forums. We have received a couple reports like this following our recent update, and so far all of the cases we've come across have been due to browser extensions or settings, almost exclusively ad blockers. For those who are missing the like button on desktop or mobile browsers, we recommend making sure javascript is enabled and then disabling all browser extensions to see if the like button is restored. If the like button is visible once again, then re-enable the extensions one by one and refresh the page to find out which is hiding the button.

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 9.29.46 AM.png

Feb 24, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #840 of 1,045
Are reviewers names now permanently left off reviews? So now reviews are anonymous unless the reviewer writes his name in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back