New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Jul 8, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #752 of 1,045
When it comes to the system rules that manage posts, our system does not differentiate between posts in private messages or public threads. Any settings that we configure will apply to both site-wide, and we cannot separate them to apply different timers.

Could we perhaps have the ability to edit private posts? That would solve the problem. Sometimes it is a matter of being able to clarify something.

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #753 of 1,045
We discussed that topic prior to the transition, and we've revisited it a handful of times since. Our decision each time was to not allow editing private messages, just as it was on the Huddler platform. There are a number of reasons why we do not believe editing private messages should be an option, so it is highly unlikely that we'll ever make that change.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #755 of 1,045
Maybe this has been posted before, but why the 30 second wait time between posting PM's? Since editing PM's is not allowed to make corrections, I often need to send a clarifying post, and it drives me nuts having to wait 30 seconds.

Edit: I see the wait time issue was raised in the previous page. Thankfully I am able to edit this post to correct!

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #756 of 1,045
Can we get the "Unread Subscribed Threads" page to not show threads as 'unread' (new posts) if the last person who posted is an 'ignored member'?
This kind of functionality just leads to a lot of frustration and actually makes it harder to ignore people.

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #757 of 1,045
Just a generic thing that's not worthy of creating a new thread IMO.

Is there a way of expanding the views count field on threads when it's past a Million views? At the moment it's set up to increase in increments of a million once it's past a million views. Is there a way we could have 1.1M, 1,2M etc.? It's a pretty useful tool to see how a thread is doing in terms of growth / popularity.

Great work on the forum so far and on catching the bugs btw, it looks slick :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #758 of 1,045
When viewing a thread, it's difficult to discern what page number I'm on due to the the subtle color difference/highlighting of page numbers at the bottom and top of the screen. Can this be made more visible?

Mar 18, 2020 at 11:47 PM Post #759 of 1,045
Some people have spent weeks writing reviews for products yet after the Hudder plateform, the reviewers were no longer able to get a link or list of the reviews to connect with their user name. No list of the reviews connected with the writer.

While I'm quoting an older post here, I just wanted to let you and everybody know that if you look at a user's profile now, all of that user's reviews from the Head Gear section are now listed in profile page.

It's been a long time coming, and we know it's a feature many have wanted back. We're always working on improvements, and this is one we're very excited to bring back to the community.

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #760 of 1,045
While I'm quoting an older post here, I just wanted to let you and everybody know that if you look at a user's profile now, all of that user's reviews from the Head Gear section are now listed in profile page.

It's been a long time coming, and we know it's a feature many have wanted back. We're always working on improvements, and this is one we're very excited to bring back to the community.

Just checked and amazingly enough, they ARE all there. Thank-you!

Apr 2, 2020 at 11:51 PM Post #762 of 1,045
Not sure why exactly, but earlier today I noticed I couldn't look at the earbuds round up thread. Everything else on the site seems to work.

Android, chrome browser.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200402-204827.png
    Screenshot_20200402-204827.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 0
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:26 AM Post #763 of 1,045
I think it's a memory issue with certain large threads. I tried to access the 'What are you listening to' thread and got this error message :-

6-32-gthumb-gwdata1200-ghdata1200-gfitdatamax.jpg

Then I refreshed and got this one :-

20-windows-hd-wallpapers-20.jpg

Every now and then I can access the thread. I've had no problems accessing the Free FLAC thread though. Band name game II and Music game IX threads in the music forum are inaccessible too and they're also very large data threads. (WIN X, Chrome).​

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #764 of 1,045
I think it's a memory issue with certain large threads. I tried to access the 'What are you listening to' thread and got this error message :-

Then I refreshed and got this one :-

Every now and then I can access the thread. I've had no problems accessing the Free FLAC thread though.​
6688FE56-0D6A-4C9C-8FDD-EB1D6F252193.png

Broken...me too “What are you listening to?”

Apr 3, 2020 at 6:20 AM Post #765 of 1,045
Not sure why exactly, but earlier today I noticed I couldn't look at the earbuds round up thread. Everything else on the site seems to work.

Android, chrome browser.

I had that too when using my android tablet... no problem with other threads... only the earbud roundup. I moved to my desktop PC and was able to access the thread but only after I rebooted my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back