New Site Platform Bug Reports and Feedback Thread
Apr 28, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #106 of 1,045
I am having major problems with the site. First off, I can no longer log into my old user name (please PM me) using my password. I have to create this new username to login and report the problem. I tried resetting the password but the notification never came. I checked junk mail as well.

Second, right after I got this temporary login, I tried to login, but I was not able to go to the login page. I had to wait about half a day for the login page to be active.

Third, after logging onto the page, the "LOGIN" button in the top right won't refresh automatically, so I thought I was not able to login for a while.

Fourth, after logging in, a number of graphics were not showing, and I am just getting alt-tags throughout multiple pages.

Please PM me, I would like to have my old account back as there are a number of PMs I am having with other members at the moment, and I have lost all of them.

Thank you.

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #107 of 1,045
1. The HF web page does not resize to accommodate your browser page size so you need to scroll horizontally unless you go full screen.
2. Ads on right side are WAY too big. Nearly 25% of some pages are filled with ads. I understand that you need to pay for the site but perhaps these could be dialed back a bit.

Thanks!

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:53 AM Post #108 of 1,045
Since there isn't an obvious way to "Search this thread" as with the old interface, and since I don't have time to read this thread, I'll just say this:

Please add an easy way to search threads. See old site interface for how to do it right.

Why is my signature limited to two lines? My old signature was imported poorly, so I tried to reformat it. When I tried to save the changes I received an error that said, Your signature is n lines too long. See current sig :wink:

Comments on Likes, like the old interface allowed, would be nice, too.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #109 of 1,045
Welcome to the new Head-Fi!

We've been working on the new version of the site for several months and today we're excited to be able to share it with everyone. Please click around and explore the new site to get a feel for the changes.

Now that it's here, we want to know what our members are experiencing. What do you like about the new design? What would you like to see changed? What isn't working? What functionality would you like to see added? We won't be able to incorporate every suggestion due to various reasons, but we're continuing to work on the site and improve the user experience and we'd love to get suggestions for ways to do just that.

We'll be visiting this thread frequently, so let us know what works for you and what doesn't.
Currently can't bump or close for sale items.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:04 PM Post #111 of 1,045
Everytime I click the `Forums' button I'm bombarded with backsides in the right hand advertising column.

Much as I admire pert female bottoms, is this clickbait advertising crap really appropriate for an audio website?!?
Chests as well:

Seriously, I look at this site at work. Can't have this. Really!!!

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #113 of 1,045
can't seem to find a "mark as read" option for a section or the entire forum. and right now when everything is shown as new unless I go click on it, it would be nice.
ok found happiness. there is a "mark forums read" available if I click on "new posts" instead of going straight into a sub section. now I can start fresh.
not urgent or vital but I'd like to have such a button per sub section some day for my typical way of browsing if possible.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #114 of 1,045
This is XenForo and all forums powered by VB4 reduced to ashes with this but when carefully planned update happens they did somewhat better but ofc XenForo can't compare to the Huddler/Wikia or VB4 ever.

Before you plan a massive change, Please let the people know how it's going to be done in proper steps.

- Provide a Moderator thread to see the progress overtime, with phases alongside how data is going to be migrated.
- Provide the user feedback thread, okay it exists but there are so many threads as of now (2 & 3) which has so many user opinions voiced out.

This forced update without prior information and in your face advertisements and 200% breakdown of UX, Features, makes people forced to leave this forum..The user base is what makes a community tight knit and stand out unique and high profile.

Back in 2011 to until now this forum was the best (Been a member on many forums), hands down classy and well made. Looking at it now is so utterly stressful and depressing, took the best of the forums and completely reduced to cinders. Period.

Makes me feel so sad..I really really wish that we roll back...

Most of the members are so upset with this catastrophic upgrade, Is there any slight speck of chance that we roll back ? Please say that we have a chance, this is downright savage take at the community.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #115 of 1,045
castleofargh,

Thanks for finding that. The problem with that method is that it presents a massive list of all the new posts, whereas I may only be interested in one or two sub forums. But at least it's a work around.

Edit: forgot to say, I need to switch to desktop mode to see the 'new posts' link, but I prefer the mobile version on my iPad.

Mods / Admins,

Please can we have a top level 'mark all read' button, like there used to be? Pretty sure it can be done :wink:.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM Post #116 of 1,045
ok found happiness. there is a "mark forums read" available if I click on "new posts" instead of going straight into a sub section. now I can start fresh.
not urgent or vital but I'd like to have such a button per sub section some day for my typical way of browsing if possible.

Can you please explain further? I don't seem to be able to replicate this and I'd love to add it to the Tips and Tricks thread.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #118 of 1,045
Stillheart,

You need to be in desktop mode, not mobile, then you should see it on the main forum list page, just under your avatar, over on the right of the page.
I don't see it but I've made some... client side changes... to improve the readability of the site and it may have killed that section accidentally. I'll work on it, thanks!

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #119 of 1,045
It's still there for me. When you do discover a fix, preferably for the whole 'mark forums read' thing, please could you make sure it's available in the mobile version too. I believe you're using xenForo, I know of at least one other site that also uses it, and has the 'mark read' link at the top of every page.

Also, I can't quote or reply to a specific post, I get an error message about 'undefined: security error'.

Thanks for looking in to the issues and trying to sort them :).

Apr 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #120 of 1,045
Apologies if these are already on the bugs list :-

I am unable to update my profile in mobile view.

It would be great if your forum thread subscriptions with outstanding updates were counted & email notified as before as the pull down menu takes time to load with not all the original choices listed.

Maybe the iPhone 4s to too old but even typing in the text editor sometimes lags by a second or so..

Last time I checked, the sponsors list only returned a page error (I presume a HTTP 5XX Error)

I have to agree with previous posters that the suitability & appropriateness of some adverts which add to the site latency are questionable.

Finally can I generally enquire how much & how extensive beta testing was performed for this release? I appreciate a lot of work & effort went into this especially for what looks like the promise of additional functionality however from my perspective it has damaged head-fi's usability included advertisement for the sponsors which can't be good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back