New Shure IEM
May 2, 2013 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 204

spook76

Headphoneus Supremus
Shure has announced a new IEM or earphone as they call it to be debuted May 9th, 2013. Could this be the long awaited 4 BA driver? Interestingly, the announcement of the new IEM is currently only on the ShureAsia website: www.Shure.com/Asia.

May 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 204
Looks good. I see they still are carrying over the awful cable design. I was really hoping share would of hopped on the train and redesign the cable and connector.

4 drivers or not. The cable imo still needs improving. Just my opinion

May 2, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #4 of 204
Quote:
Looks good. I see they still are carrying over the awful cable design. I was really hoping share would of hopped on the train and redesign the cable and connector.

4 drivers or not. The cable imo still needs improving. Just my opinion

The teaser shows the same cable.  I personally have no problem with the Shure connector (it's used on the UE 900).

May 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM Post #9 of 204
Perhaps they will only be available in Asia initially?  My guess is if it is a quad-driver it will be in the $600-800 range, well out of my budget
frown.gif

May 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #10 of 204
May 2, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #12 of 204
eh, just wish they would have switched over to the pin style connector. i feel its a much better removeable cable. i have had some issues with it when i had the 535, and i just feel like ive you are spendibng over 500+ on iems and im sure these new ones are going to cost more i just feel the connectors should be much better. just my opinion

May 2, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 204
Quote:
eh, just wish they would have switched over to the pin style connector. i feel its a much better removeable cable. i have had some issues with it when i had the 535, and i just feel like ive you are spendibng over 500+ on iems and im sure these new ones are going to cost more i just feel the connectors should be much better. just my opinion

I wish I could say I had personal experience with an actual Shure IEM, but the UE's I have use the same connectors.  Never had a problem with it.  I actually like the swivel.  I may be alone in that though :p

May 2, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #14 of 204
Quote:

I wish I could say I had personal experience with an actual Shure IEM, but the UE's I have use the same connectors.  Never had a problem with it.  I actually like the swivel.  I may be alone in that though :p

well its not a bad connector, but personally i found thart over time the swivel has too much swivel causing shorts in the sound. i found when the swivel swivels too much and then it causes shorts, you need to take the earpiece off the connector and reconnect it and the swivel gets tighter. however the problem is when theres too much swivel and you have to keep taking off and putton on. it causes even more wear between the earpiece and the connector of the cable. thus you chasing your tail and causing the problem to become more and more present.

now you could atribute this to trying out different removeable cables and the headphone connection becoming loose. but still this just shouldnt happen for headphones or iems this expensive.

dont get me wrong the 535 and reds are really great i loved mine. but just feel that when you spend that kind of money i dont want a reason for something to go wrong. more R &d i feel is needed. its a great cable its a great idea but just didnt come out as good as it should.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back