New Shanling M6 Pro Questions
Jun 4, 2020 at 12:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DrJoe

New Head-Fier
Hello!

I just purchased a Shanling M6 Pro and did the firmware upgrade to 7.1.1.
But I have 2-questions:
1. Why does CoolAPK display in Chinese? Is there a fix?
2. I tried to download the Classic FM APK from APKPure and it fails to work. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Joe

Jul 11, 2020 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 4
Hello!

I just purchased a Shanling M6 Pro and did the firmware upgrade to 7.1.1.
But I have 2-questions:
1. Why does CoolAPK display in Chinese? Is there a fix?
2. I tried to download the Classic FM APK from APKPure and it fails to work. Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Joe
Hi,
I just purchased a Shanling M6 pro as well and immediately updated it to the latest firmware.
This is my first device based on Android. Still struggling a bit with the UI and I am facing the same issue like you - and thought it‘s my fault. According to my settings no Chinese should be shown at all.

In my opinion a more detailed manual than just quick start guide would be really helpful and I was quite disappointed that even online nothing can be downloaded.

I keep on struggling installing RadioParadise App.

A further observation is, the wifi receiver is much weaker than the one of my iPad and iPhone.

Played a couple of FLAC files via the UPNP settings, while I like the sound a lot, I don‘t like all album titles sorted in alphabetical order... a no-go.
I will check if it behaves the same when the files are stored locally on MicroSd card.

I think there is some room for improvement by firmware updates.

Looking forward to see some other Experience.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Jul 11, 2020 at 8:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Hi,
I just purchased a Shanling M6 pro as well and immediately updated it to the latest firmware.
This is my first device based on Android. Still struggling a bit with the UI and I am facing the same issue like you - and thought it‘s my fault. According to my settings no Chinese should be shown at all.

In my opinion a more detailed manual than just quick start guide would be really helpful and I was quite disappointed that even online nothing can be downloaded.

I keep on struggling installing RadioParadise App.

A further observation is, the wifi receiver is much weaker than the one of my iPad and iPhone.

Played a couple of FLAC files via the UPNP settings, while I like the sound a lot, I don‘t like all album titles sorted in alphabetical order... a no-go.
I will check if it behaves the same when the files are stored locally on MicroSd card.

I think there is some room for improvement by firmware updates.

Looking forward to see some other Experience.

Thanks,
Sylvia

Hi...

I have not found any solution to the Chinese language issue.
If you install Amazon AppStore app for Android (google it and it will show up), then you can install Radio Paradise.
I have found that the M6, maybe because of the OS level, is sensitive to APKPure installs. Amazon isn’t.
Can not help with the sorting issue. I’m assuming you are using the Shanling app, which I’m not.
Joe

Jul 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #4 of 4
Hi...

I have not found any solution to the Chinese language issue.
If you install Amazon AppStore app for Android (google it and it will show up), then you can install Radio Paradise.
I have found that the M6, maybe because of the OS level, is sensitive to APKPure installs. Amazon isn’t.
Can not help with the sorting issue. I’m assuming you are using the Shanling app, which I’m not.
Joe
Hi,
Just managed installation through APKPure app... learning by doing or trial and error :)
Sylvia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back