Shanling M0 - Smallest Hi-Res Portable Player - New Firmware V3.6
Sep 5, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #3,001 of 6,413
Alternatively, you could stop whining and go out and buy something else having done your due diligence testing first. I am more than happy with the features that my M0 has and bought it for those items and the form size based on the original capabilities listed by Shanling. Get a life!

i think the owners of Hiby R6 got it worse. just within a few months the Hiby R6 pro is released :floatsmile:

i too dont understand why people keep pushing for updates. I rather have major updates once a while rather than keep pushing for minor updates.

IMO the m0 is perfect the way it is. no complains at all!

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:39 AM Post #3,002 of 6,413
Guys, be fair :) ... I may be wrong, but I don't remember Shanling ever advertising their products with features that were not available at the time they released said products (if anything, they tantalize with peekaboos more than overadvertise - just have a look at the M5s thread :) ).

Both external playlists support and replaygain, which @fish1050 and others find important for them, were upgrades on the baseline list of already available features that Shanling said they'd add later BECAUSE the user base interest was intense. Same for LDAC (which was not supported early on, and only added later, if memory serves), to mention just one of the additional features that were later introduced 'cos people wanted it (and that I personally find a lot more useful for my own user case). The way I see it, this is great customer support. The way some of you are speaking, it looks like false advertising, which I REALLY do not think applies to Shanling.

I never mentioned Shanling in my post, I’ve never had any problems with Shanling promising features or advertising them and not delivering. But it does happen today more than it used to.

I think we can let this topic RIP.

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:42 AM Post #3,003 of 6,413
Alternatively, you could stop whining and go out and buy something else having done your due diligence testing first. I am more than happy with the features that my M0 has and bought it for those items and the form size based on the original capabilities listed by Shanling. Get a life!
This. It's getting old. Fish, you just continue to sound harsh. Fish might have to go look elsewhere if... Fish isn't used to waiting on firmware updates... I thought you were done with this attitude but apparently not. Not to mention you pretty much just called Shanling stupid because they didn't implement something a direct competitor did. Give it a rest already or please do go buy something else. You are the only one in this thread with this attitude.

Sep 5, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #3,004 of 6,413
I made a Shanling M0 (Titanium) Windows icon (using gfie) for use with our device. If you also use an autorun.inf file in the root of your microSD with

[autorun]
icon=m0.ico

the icon will be displayed als a drive icon.

m0icon022iec1.png
m0icon012gfiy.png

Here's a link to a zip archive with m0.ico and autorun.inf. Extract it to the root of your microSD card and re-mount the M0. Also, here's the original .png with (kinda bad) alpha transparancy. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #3,005 of 6,413
I made a Shanling M0 (Titanium) Windows icon (using gfie) for use with our device. If you also use an autorun.inf file in the root of your microSD with

[autorun]
icon=m0.ico

the icon will be displayed als a drive icon.

m0icon022iec1.png
m0icon012gfiy.png

Here's a link to a zip archive with m0.ico and autorun.inf. Extract it to the root of your microSD card and re-mount the M0. Also, here's the original .png with (kinda bad) alpha transparancy. Enjoy!

Pretty cool that well done.

Sep 5, 2018 at 7:26 PM Post #3,006 of 6,413
One suggestion. To implement a 3 click on the clickwheel with probally the same options as in 2 click. This should be easy to do.

Sep 5, 2018 at 10:03 PM Post #3,008 of 6,413
Just trying to determine if the M0 actually supports this using stock Android devices. Not trying to go deep into specific programs (if required), just trying to find out if this is even possible to easily and quickly do with any stock Android device and the M0.

This is not question for the M0, M0 doesn't care where it's sending music, as long as the other device works as BT receiver.
So it's up to searching for some special android app, that would affect how BT works on phone. I don't know about any, seems nobody else here has any answer, so my only advice, go to some Androidd dedicated forums and ask for such very unique app.

Does your phone have AptX? Have you tried with AptX? It seems generally AptX has no real noticeable lag (the devices I've tried), but there is also AptX LL (Low Latency), and I don't know if AptX generally means low latency as well.

M0 supports only AAC, SBC and LDAC in receiver mode, not aptX.
Also, aptX and aptX low latency are different, most people can notice the delay with standard aptX.

So in LDAC mode, there is no loss in the stream via bluetooth to the M0?

Well, how much is LDAC lossless or not, that's question up to the Sony.
https://www.sony.net/Products/LDAC/

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Sep 6, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #3,009 of 6,413

What due diligence? @Shanling said they would be adding these features therefore due diligence done. If he had said no these features will not be added then due diligence done, return M0 buy something else. I am just waiting for Shanling to add the features they said they would or at least give some kind of timeline. As someone who paid good money for this I think we deserve to be kept up to date.

Sep 6, 2018 at 2:15 AM Post #3,011 of 6,413
What due diligence? @Shanling said they would be adding these features therefore due diligence done. If he had said no these features will not be added then due diligence done, return M0 buy something else. I am just waiting for Shanling to add the features they said they would or at least give some kind of timeline. As someone who paid good money for this I think we deserve to be kept up to date.
Yep, definitely whining. Right up there with "Dad, are we there yet?". :D

Sep 6, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #3,012 of 6,413
@Shanling I think that the system can be made mor user-friendly or at least to give more options for customization by giving the clickwheel more options.
There are 4 Possible Use cases Pushing the clickwheel:
-With Screen on:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks
- With Screen off:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks

That way you can add more options for the user to be able to do certain things.
For example with screen off: 2 clicks play / pause, 3 clicks, next song
and with screen on, dunno really.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #3,013 of 6,413
@Shanling I think that the system can be made mor user-friendly or at least to give more options for customization by giving the clickwheel more options.
-With Screen on:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks
- With Screen off:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks

I'm all for this also. The only thing that the M0 is missing for me, is a way to use it inside my pockets.
Even if they just add the 3rd click option I'd be happy.

Sep 6, 2018 at 4:30 AM Post #3,014 of 6,413
Yep, definitely whining. Right up there with "Dad, are we there yet?". :D

Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me:ksc75smile:

Let me say this one last thing and then call me whatever you want.

This purchase was a business transaction for me and nothing else. Just like buying a new car you can pay the sticker price or you can negotiate for a better deal. The M0 was released without a couple of features I wanted. So I could have opted to return the M0 and bought something else or try to negotiate for the features I wanted. So myself and others requested replaygain and external playlist support. Shanling said they would attempt to add these features. Taking them at their word I agreed to keep the M0 and trust they would deliver at some point. So all I am looking for is some response on where they stand with holding up their end of the deal.

Even if @Shanling responded with we are working on the next firmware update but no eta available, that would be something. Obviously not the response I want but at least it would be something. So that is all that I want right now is an acknowledgement that a fw will be coming at some point and what possibly might be in it. If they are in fact working on an update then they should be able to give us some idea what it will contain even if not a full list. As with any business deal I simply want continued communication from Shanling.

If you guys are happy with your M0 and don't feel it needs any improvements then you shouldn't care what I post.

Sep 6, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #3,015 of 6,413
-With Screen on:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks
- With Screen off:
- 2 fast clicks
- 3 Fast clicks

I have a good one, how about you click the wheel 3 times and then you say

There's no place like home

Then it takes you to the Now Playing Screen.
Better still maybe Shanling can incorporate The Clapper then you wouldn't need the scroll wheel, just clap what you want. :smile_phones:

Whats to stop the wheel from hitting your keys or something in your pocket and doing random actions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back