New Senns HD800 for under 900 euros ordered on ebay just hope they're not fake when i get them..
May 29, 2014 at 9:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Reactcore

1000+ Head-Fier
Just have ordered them last week on ebay see link below:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/SENNHEISER-HD800-Nieuw-NEW-2-year-warranty-/301181823850?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_146&hash=item461fd5eb6a&_uhb=1

I had alot of doubt if they are real or not, but since i can't find any evidence of fake ones i decided to buy.
I can always use paypal return policy.

They should arrive next week at my house and the first thing ill do is checking the autentication code on sennheiser site.

I will report later what my findings are
I guess more ppl would like to know

May 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #2 of 11
I was thinking, what are precise details on the hd800's to compare to the one i will get, that a copier won't be able or thinks to reproduce perfectly? Maybe shape of screws or details of the box and booklets.. I will have 14 days before the return period ends, so i should think ahead on how to determine if theyre real, just too bad i can't compare the sound to a known original one, i only know they should sound better than my hd580's.

One thing i thought is to weight them as they should be 330 grams w/o cable (spec says approximately)
And measure the ohms impedance, is it EXACTLY 300?

Any ideas would be really welcome :xf_eek:

May 31, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #4 of 11
Cheapest retailprice is 1198 euro's =1630 dollars in netherlands, i paid 875 = 1190.
4 years after introduction i thougt it should be possible to find discounts, but chinese copiers also had this time to create a fake.

Btw at what number are the serials now? I figured it should be arround 30.000 this day
Did anyone purchased a new one lately?

Jun 1, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 11
It's probably just parallel import stock. They are probably real, but the seller is not authorised. 

Jun 1, 2014 at 6:31 AM Post #6 of 11
If they weren't real wouldn't previous buyers have flagged it? The previous buyers seem happy. Besides, I've never heard of fake HD800s, and if there were any they'd probably be a lot cheaper than 899 euros.

Jun 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 11
Thx for the reply,
I became curious after i red on the sennheiser's site that they never sell through webstores, since i just already had clicked on 'buy now' i called the seller which is also in holland to send me a picture of the products authentication sticker so i could do a checkup, but they wont cooperate, just saying i have to buy or theyll give a negative on my ebay profile, they also said the product isn't in their location..

So im trying to find details to check upon when i get them assumingly next tuesday.

Btw i found that there might exist refurbished items restored by sennheiser, i thought maybe the seller tries to sell this claiming to be new, i wrote to sennheiser, but they deny to ever sell this kind, just give service for repair.
Again they warned just not to buy on ebay (but well ill already did)

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #8 of 11
For anyone reading this.. I did many comparisons and been to local hifi shops to listen and compare the slightest details and am now convinced theyre the real deal.
And man they sound stunning with well recorded materials i cant get them off my head anymore :)

So in the end i can say im lucky not to have paid the standard retail price

Mar 26, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 11
I bought these recently, and they are indubitably real and new (can't fake the smell). They have the holographic authenticity sticker (qr-sennheiser.com), S/N 445xx also registered succesfully as new piece. I tried HD800S in local audio store and the build quality and of course the sound matches as well.
The communication with seller was very good actually. The box got slightly damaged during transport and he offered me return for a new piece or partial refund, which I received very swiftly.

Mar 26, 2016 at 12:04 PM Post #11 of 11
  Do they ship worldwide and do they communicate in english? They dont seem to be replying and i dont understand the language. heh

The seller is in England, so yes, they speak English...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SENNHEISER-HD800-HD-800-HEADPHONES-NEW-BOXED-FACTORY-SEALED-OFFICIAL-WARRANTY-/121859872169?hash=item1c5f6a15a9:g:NKsAAOSw~bFWNgLW

I just bought the Beyerdynamics T1, 2generation from the same seller, and all is good. (it was the HD800 or the T1, 2generation, in the end I decided to go for the T1).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back