New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Oct 17, 2016 at 7:36 AM Post #511 of 527
Hello All,

Today I think I am getting a sweet deal on the Sennheiser M2 IEI Momentum In-Ear Headphones (Black/Chrome) for Apple products. They will cost me approx 50 USD and I have heard/read about these headphones and they definitely suit my style of music. I don't have an apple product but I plan to use them with my Android phone so I am well aware that the remote won't work but that's not an issue for me since I am only considering them for their SQ. So should I go ahead and take the plunge? Thoughts/feedback appreciated. 

Their a great deal at 50$usd

Nov 1, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #512 of 527
It is ****.Very disappointed with the earphone.It sounds exactly like the Samsung earphone if not worse that is given for free with the latest s7 edge.What an embarrassment!However, even if the bass and treble are more or less the same.The vocals on these are some of the most natural I have ever heard!

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #513 of 527
It is ****.Very disappointed with the earphone.It sounds exactly like the Samsung earphone if not worse that is given for free with the latest s7 edge.What an embarrassment!However, even if the bass and treble are more or less the same.The vocals on these are some of the most natural I have ever heard!

You must've gotten some pretty sweet stock earbuds with ur s7 edge!

The ones that came with my s7 edge, while convenient and practical, didnt sound like my momentums

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #514 of 527

1. I think you'll find that most people here value 'natural' vocals very highly, but you dont seem to see it that way.

2. If you arent getting good bass response from your Momentums, either you have fakes or you aren't getting a decent seal.

I gave up responding to similar complaints in the Amazon pages for the CX300-II : we all hear differently, but if your 'Momentum IEM' earphones honestly sound no better than whatever came with your phone, send them back to the reseller. Sennheiser have a webpage where you can check to see if your headphones are genuine or not - the technology was a bit more hassle than I was prepared for, but at least they have  it.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:24 AM Post #515 of 527

Now that's a surprise! I am very happy with these headphones. They sound really good especially for the price I paid for them. Treble is sharp and lows are strong. Mids are better on the Klispch R6s. Soundstage more or less same as the R6s. BUT, no cable noise as compared to the R6s. Overall, I'm a satisfied customer for sure.

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #516 of 527

Now that's a surprise! I am very happy with these headphones. They sound really good especially for the price I paid for them. Treble is sharp and lows are strong. Mids are better on the Klispch R6s. Soundstage more or less same as the R6s. BUT, no cable noise as compared to the R6s. Overall, I'm a satisfied customer for sure.

Yeah, good for you.I don't agree that the lows are strong, the lows are weak like hell.Well, maybe you guys aren't bass fans.

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #517 of 527

1. I think you'll find that most people here value 'natural' vocals very highly, but you dont seem to see it that way.

2. If you arent getting good bass response from your Momentums, either you have fakes or you aren't getting a decent seal.

I gave up responding to similar complaints in the Amazon pages for the CX300-II : we all hear differently, but if your 'Momentum IEM' earphones honestly sound no better than whatever came with your phone, send them back to the reseller. Sennheiser have a webpage where you can check to see if your headphones are genuine or not - the technology was a bit more hassle than I was prepared for, but at least they have  it.

Thanks gonna try your tip

Nov 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #518 of 527
You must've gotten some pretty sweet stock earbuds with ur s7 edge!

The ones that came with my s7 edge, while convenient and practical, didnt sound like my momentums

Good for you, I am just gonna stick with my sennheiser urbanite xl for now.Planning on getting the hd 598 and accompany it with a foo amp and dac, wish me luck guys

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:25 PM Post #520 of 527
Thanks for the reply, but I really can't stand comply tips. They take forever to insert, and they get clogged quickly with gross ear gunk.
smily_headphones1.gif

Unless they've changed since I last tried them... ?

So, turns out...

After writing the above, I ordered the complys anyway, and they work great. Great isolation (without being dangerous to commute with) and really really comfortable. Good seal = good sound. And they haven't gotten too clogged with ear gunk ... yet.

Thumbs up.

Dec 17, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #522 of 527
I've been doing a bit of research on this, and all I can say is who knows. I bought a pair a couple days ago, box is clearly labeled simply as Momentum In-Ear but the QR authenticity page says they're Momentum 2 In-Ear. Even the official Sennheiser page doesn't seem to make a distinction between a 1.0 and a 2.0 version, as clicking on "product information" leads me to the regular Sennheiser In-Ear page.

This thread was started in 2014, a year before the 2.0 series was announced, so I'm guessing there's 2 versions floating around, the 1.0 and the 2.0, but both share the exact same packaging and accessories, but maybe some internal changes or else they wouldn't bother changing the "internal" product name that is not displayed in the box. There's a review on Amazon updated on August this year that claims apparently there's 2 types of cable on these headphones. His first pair failed after a couple months, got a replacement pair from Sennheiser but this time around, according to him, the cable was different and it definitely felt sturdier. It's Amazon reviews, so I would take it with a grain of salt.

Would be nice to hear something from an official source, or have a person with an earlier batch scan the QR code and see what the authenticity page says about the model.

Feb 16, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #523 of 527

So, turns out...

After writing the above, I ordered the complys anyway, and they work great. Great isolation (without being dangerous to commute with) and really really comfortable. Good seal = good sound. And they haven't gotten too clogged with ear gunk ... yet.

Thumbs up.

Thanks for the feedback re tips - I'm weighing up whether or not to spend the money on a pair of Comply 'Custom Isolation Sennheiser' for my CX5.00 (same housing as the MM) and this is helpful.

Apr 9, 2017 at 6:41 PM Post #524 of 527

Thanks for the feedback re tips - I'm weighing up whether or not to spend the money on a pair of Comply 'Custom Isolation Sennheiser' for my CX5.00 (same housing as the MM) and this is helpful.

So basically they lasted from Nov till April. As of right now, they aren't really sealing properly and so the sound quality has suffered. It seems like the foam has come away from the inner structure right near the tip. Hard to photograph otherwise I would have posted a pic.

I'm a bit disappointed, but new tips every 5 months isn't TOOO bad I guess? Good thing I bought a 3 pack.

Apr 18, 2017 at 9:27 AM Post #525 of 527

So basically they lasted from Nov till April. As of right now, they aren't really sealing properly and so the sound quality has suffered. It seems like the foam has come away from the inner structure right near the tip. Hard to photograph otherwise I would have posted a pic.

I'm a bit disappointed, but new tips every 5 months isn't TOOO bad I guess? Good thing I bought a 3 pack.

Not to mention we're doing weekly giveaways on our Facebook page so make sure you check it out! Could be anything from free Comply™ tips to free IEMs! https://www.facebook.com/complyfoam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back