New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Apr 26, 2016 at 11:49 PM Post #483 of 527
after listening to the momentum in ears for about a week or so, 

i think sennheiser has got it right on a lot of fronts!

firstly right off the bat, they were very comfortable (a combination of the angled (and slim nozzle) and the rather small footprint (the shape is a bit irregular, but at the same time still very ergonomic), without adding any bulk (even though i recall, sennheiser stated that they have a metal body) the outside shell does still appear to made of glossy plastic  (i have the chrome/ grey version)

i liked the cable on the sennheiser cx 3.00 & 5.00G as well, and sennheiser carried that over to the momentum in ears (having a eliptical cable) without being too heavy (cable noise i found is fairly minor for the most pair, which is not always the case with "flat" cables usually)

soundwise, its bassy (but not overboard in the bass i found), i found them closest to the Brainwavz S5s (about the same price point) (but i found them a bit more refined in almost all fronts). THIS was BEFORE i looked at the measurements!

the s5s does appear to have more impact in the bass (especially in the midbass) but it does sound noticeable boomier.

midrange both take a back seat to the bass in the treble

treble wise the s5s seems "edgier" and a bit splashier (a sentiment some including myself shared in the S5 reviews), while this made them more energetic and "fun" 

the momentum in ears seem to capture a lot of that "fun" while at the same time smooth out the edges (making it less grating on the ears), but avoids sounding dull like on some bassier headphones.

i think acoustically its a step up from the similar priced (and sibling) the Sennheiser cx 5.00G (its more detailed and better tightly controlled)

so far i would put it on a similar tier as the Alpha and Delta Ad01, and the Nuforce NE800m (both bassy but are both one of my favorites), with its tuning being slightly closer towards the AD01

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:46 AM Post #484 of 527
  after listening to the momentum in ears for about a week or so, 

i think sennheiser has got it right on a lot of fronts!

firstly right off the bat, they were very comfortable (a combination of the angled (and slim nozzle) and the rather small footprint (the shape is a bit irregular, but at the same time still very ergonomic), without adding any bulk (even though i recall, sennheiser stated that they have a metal body) the outside shell does still appear to made of glossy plastic  (i have the chrome/ grey version)

i liked the cable on the sennheiser cx 3.00 & 5.00G as well, and sennheiser carried that over to the momentum in ears (having a eliptical cable) without being too heavy (cable noise i found is fairly minor for the most pair, which is not always the case with "flat" cables usually)

soundwise, its bassy (but not overboard in the bass i found), i found them closest to the Brainwavz S5s (about the same price point) (but i found them a bit more refined in almost all fronts). THIS was BEFORE i looked at the measurements!

the s5s does appear to have more impact in the bass (especially in the midbass) but it does sound noticeable boomier.

midrange both take a back seat to the bass in the treble

treble wise the s5s seems "edgier" and a bit splashier (a sentiment some including myself shared in the S5 reviews), while this made them more energetic and "fun" 

the momentum in ears seem to capture a lot of that "fun" while at the same time smooth out the edges (making it less grating on the ears), but avoids sounding dull like on some bassier headphones.

i think acoustically its a step up from the similar priced (and sibling) the Sennheiser cx 5.00G (its more detailed and better tightly controlled)

so far i would put it on a similar tier as the Alpha and Delta Ad01, and the Nuforce NE800m (both bassy but are both one of my favorites), with its tuning being slightly closer towards the AD01

Thanks for your quick impression, Tom! Glad you like them. Looking forward to your detailed review 
wink_face.gif

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 5, 2016 at 12:30 PM Post #485 of 527
Comply™ Foam Partners with Sennheiser

May 3, 2016

Oakdale, MN – Hearing Components, Inc., the manufacturer of Comply™ Premium Foam Tip products, has partnered with Sennheiser to develop a custom tip to fit specifically on the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear (MIE2), CX 3.00, and CX 5.00 earphone models. This custom Comply™ Foam tip is now available exclusively on the US Sennheiser website, with a one-pair and a three-pair pack option for $6.99 and $15.99, respectively.

To learn more about the new Comply™ Custom Sennheiser tips, please visit:
http://www.complyfoam.com/products/sennheiser-isolation

To purchase these Comply™ Custom Sennheiser tips, please visit:
http://en-us.sennheiser.com/accessories--momentum-in-ear--ear-adapter

Please note: This is the ONLY Comply™ tip that fits these Sennheiser earphone models.

-Ends-​

For more information, please contact: 
Name: Gary Wong
Position Title: Global Marketing & Business Development Associate
Email: gwong@complyfoam.com

Jun 20, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #489 of 527
Do you guys know if there is any fakes momentum in ears out there?

I am asking because i was offered a massive deal for a pwir of momentum in ears but the seller has no box or recipt (only the case, tips and of course the momentum in ears).

I have have searched a bitnonline and still havr not found anything on fake momentum in ears.... They are pretty recent so i doubt there are any fakes at thie point but i may be mistaken...

Jul 22, 2016 at 9:18 PM Post #491 of 527
Buyer beware.

Bad reviews on Amazon are coming in, and they're all due to the same reason:

RELIABILITY.

They break easily, and are not very durable. Even with gentile use.

Same thing as the VSonic GR07 BE. GREAT sound, poor reliability. Seems Sennheiser followed the same path on these ones.

Jul 23, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #492 of 527
Buyer beware.

Bad reviews on Amazon are coming in, and they're all due to the same reason:

RELIABILITY.

They break easily, and are not very durable. Even with gentile use.

Same thing as the VSonic GR07 BE. GREAT sound, poor reliability. Seems Sennheiser followed the same path on these ones.

Always wary of sock puppets on Amazon, particularly where there is so much money at stake. I chose the cx5.0g based on a comparison where the momentum fared badly but I'd still like to hear them.

Jul 25, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #493 of 527
Always wary of sock puppets on Amazon, particularly where there is so much money at stake. I chose the cx5.0g based on a comparison where the momentum fared badly but I'd still like to hear them.

You're liking the CX5.00G so far? How do they sound?
Are they comfortable?

And by the way, I just saw that you previously owned the EPH-100. I did too.
How do you compare the sound of your Senns to the EPH-100? I really didn't like the trebles on the EPH-100, so I'm looking for something with similar bass, but better high frequencies.

Jul 25, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #494 of 527

You're liking the CX5.00G so far? How do they sound?
Are they comfortable?

And by the way, I just saw that you previously owned the EPH-100. I did too.
How do you compare the sound of your Senns to the EPH-100? I really didn't like the trebles on the EPH-100, so I'm looking for something with similar bass, but better high frequencies.

Our auditory memory is rated at somewhere around 8 minutes, but I'd rate the EPH-100 above the 5.00G for overall fun factor based purely on what I can recollect of my time with them. Sadly, a driver failed and I didnt find that long barrell housing especially comfortable. I'm enjoying the 5.00G but I dont want to post any sonic impressions until I've put in sufficient hours with them to give some reasonable comparisons with my modest collection of cans - I doubt that these are the IEMs you want if you're after detailed treble, but they are very comfortable in normal use. One look at the housing and you know you wont be able to sleep with them in your ear, but in every other respect they're supremely comfortable. I was considering the VSonic GR07 Balanced, but all the hits I got were for the Bass Edition and they seem to suffer from poor quality control if the feedback is accurate : been there and done that with HiFiMan. Its a real shame about the latter's entry-level IEMs as they definitely know how to make an earphone that delivers - said earphone just doesnt deliver reliably IME 
frown.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #495 of 527
I got them about a week ago, and this is what I think so far:

- They're very comfortable. No complaints here.
- They're certainly fun to listen to, but the sound is definitely V-shaped.
- Bass and treble are awesome. Bass is not too boomy and the trebles are sparkly enough but not fatiguing. So they're great.
- The thing is: The voices. They're more recessed than a lot of other head phones I've listened to, and this bothers me at times.

They're not terrible at all. And for the price I think they sound awesome. But yeah, the voices are very recessed on almost all the songs I've listened to on them.

So.... You choose.
Nice trebles? Go for these ones.
Trebles that are not so good, but EVERYTHING else is awesome? Yamaha EPH-100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back