New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Sep 8, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #61 of 527
  I am really interested in trying these out. I am relatively new to IEMs and right now stuck with the upgraded Apple ones, which aren't too bad for the moment. I need something light and low profile to go on hikes and walks, especially during winter (need to wear a hat to keep my lack of haired-skull from getting frostbitten) and even my V-Moda XSs get in the way. The problem I am having is that I get no bass extension with the apples. I am not a bass-head, but would like to get some extension in those lower ranges.

So...long-winded way to say that I think I am going to try these as I like the over ear version I have and see what comes of it...unless someone can think of something similar in the same price range and sound signature (which is only a guess right now). I am also considering the Xiaoami Piston 2 but not sure about that.

i owned the Piston2 for about 4 months.  they were great (especially for the price) until my cat chewed threw one of the cords.  i have since picked up the TTPOD T1e and i think i actually prefer the T1e.  the bass is a little tighter, but still robust but it has better mids n highs imo.  the T1e also look a little cooler.  to be honest, i think you'd be happy with either choice.  they both have a great "fun" sound.  i would not recommend them for any professional or analytical use.  but for your hikes, they'd get you pumped up.

Sep 10, 2014 at 2:51 PM Post #64 of 527
wow, these may be the best looking universal IEMs I've seen.

Sep 11, 2014 at 3:33 AM Post #66 of 527
I would suggest changing the thread title to include "Momentum In-Ear." The current title won't receive much attention.

I'm actually surprised these are priced at $99 here in the US as the announce price in the UK was £90 (~$147).

I hope they sound closer to the original Momentum and less like the On-Ear.

Sennheiser pricing is quite bad in the UK. Same for a lot of their other models.

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #67 of 527
I heard these at IFA in Berlin. If you want bass - then Momentum IEM is great. It was too much bass for my taste though. Very boomy but sounded tight and controlled. Also the rest sounded clear and fairly open. So no veil or anything but a way too boomy bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back