New Sennheiser Momentum In ear
Sep 14, 2014 at 7:24 AM Post #76 of 527
Any other news on release dates for the apple crowd? I see B&H has the android version set for pre-order but still no dates. I've searched but come up with nada.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #81 of 527
I was given a pair after Sennheiser keynote at IFA (a nice surprise) and I am using them for two weeks now. I have to say I like the sound but the bass can be overwhelming in some genres, metal doesnt sound that great especially with common quality streaming material.

I could personaly use a little less bass to be honest, but the overall sound hevaily depends on the fit of the headphones. I found that none of the tips provided with the Momentum in-ear suit me. I have switched the tips for small tips supplied with the in-ear headphones that come with LG G3 smartphone and the result is much better. Bass is less boomy, yet still deep, present and precise.  

In my opinion Momentum in-ear is worthy addition to the stylish line. Because of comfort and portability i am using them as my deaily driver instead the on-ear variety.

Sep 17, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #82 of 527
oschon, please post some picts when you get the chance. Always good to see what they look like without the marketing gloss...

Sep 18, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #84 of 527
  I will try, over the weekend, these days are bit too hectic for a technology journalist, I wont be at home for two days, dont even have them with me, the crowds in lines for new iphones can be dangerous

Dagnabit, stop teasing us you lucky feller!  
tongue.gif

beerchug.gif

Sep 19, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #85 of 527
  I was given a pair after Sennheiser keynote at IFA (a nice surprise) and I am using them for two weeks now. I have to say I like the sound but the bass can be overwhelming in some genres, metal doesnt sound that great especially with common quality streaming material.

I could personaly use a little less bass to be honest, but the overall sound hevaily depends on the fit of the headphones. I found that none of the tips provided with the Momentum in-ear suit me. I have switched the tips for small tips supplied with the in-ear headphones that come with LG G3 smartphone and the result is much better. Bass is less boomy, yet still deep, present and precise.  

In my opinion Momentum in-ear is worthy addition to the stylish line. Because of comfort and portability i am using them as my deaily driver instead the on-ear variety.

I agree fully with you. I listened to it at the Sennheiser booth at IFA in Berlin and I have to say that the bass sometimes was too much for my tastes. The rest was clear though - no veil at all. So it definitely do what it is designed to do but will not suit all genres. 

A few pictures:

Sep 20, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #89 of 527
  I still cant post photos but this is should help a bit just to see the headphone in my ear
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-8c5_-g-bG7Y/VBmBp4_X3aI/AAAAAAACxEU/lOd0pe1Ck0E/w2296-h1290-no/IMG_20140917_144206.jpg

Well, not as bad as I thought by seeing the ear-phones alone. Thanks for the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back