New SD280 Pro's question????
Nov 11, 2004 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

goldenear

100+ Head-Fier
Hey I finally replaced my ailing Sony's with these. First day of break-in I noticed something weird. If I turn my head to my left I get more bass in my left can. Anyone care to explain why this happens? Am I just freaky that way?

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:12 PM Post #3 of 8
I'm guessing you mean the HD280 Pro?

The bass on the HD280 Pro is very dependent on the seal you get around the ear. When you turn to the left, it changes how the pad seals around your ear--it's actually the pad on the right side not making as good a seal because of the way you move your head, and thus you get less bass on the right side, (i.e. more bass on the left side). Hope that helps!

I just picked up a pair of them myself (had them before, then got rid of them, then had them again, got rid of them, and finally bought them again-- you'll see alot of people on the boards do this with different headphones). They sound better than I remember-- but this time I'm amping them, and it does make them sound more enjoyable.

EDIT: darn Commando got it out first!
eek.gif

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #5 of 8
are you pushing the left ear cup or the right? if you're pushing the left cup, then the right cup is still losing its seal against your head because you've changed your position, so the right side seems like it has less bass than the left.

Nov 11, 2004 at 7:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
It is the seal. It takes some experimentation to get it right.

You r right. I think these cans sound very good so far. I guess not many can sound worse than my Sony V2's.

Yes they are the HD280's, my bad.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back