New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Oct 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #616 of 9,484
  'cuz CDs are retro now!

/feeling old

Even I used to have a ton of CD's when I was younger [I'm 20 now] but back then I though they where... just clutter, if I could have 1000 songs with my in the same space as 16, why have the 16? <.< little did I know 

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #617 of 9,484
  'cuz CDs are retro now!

/feeling old

I buy CDs because some stuff is impossible to purchase online in lossless :) But yeah, I strongly prefer that feeling when you just push the paypal button and music is immediately ready for download and listening... I can make myself happy instantly, anytime I want which is not true if you have to order and wait for week(s) to receive your wanted CD.

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM Post #618 of 9,484

I buy CDs because some stuff is impossible to purchase online in lossless :) But yeah, I strongly prefer that feeling when you just push the paypal button and music is immediately ready for download and listening... I can make myself happy instantly, anytime I want which is not true if you have to order and wait for week(s) to receive your wanted CD.

I kinda like getting a CD in the mail. Give you something to look forward to 

Oct 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #619 of 9,484
  'cuz CDs are retro now!

/feeling old

I just like my CD's man, and considering getting a Modi just for my USB needs if I can find a nice CD player to pair with my new amp.

Oct 6, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #621 of 9,484

Yeah, I am too impatient, my girlfriend always keeps telling me just to relax and take everything easier and just enjoy what I have at the moment instead of rushing forward :)

what you need is an audio technica w1000x man, she's a sweet gal that forces you to just mellow out and enjoy the moment!

Hoping schiit makes a balanced tube I can pair with her! Nothing Like American Wood out of an America Tube ^^

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #622 of 9,484
  'cuz CDs are retro now!

/feeling old

You are getting old, in 2013 it's #feelingold 
rolleyes.gif

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Oct 7, 2013 at 11:00 PM Post #623 of 9,484
I've been collecting CDs since I was 10, way back in 1993. It's just really nice to have that physical component to your collection, even if you just end up ripping them onto your computer. Still, there are a lot of things I can download but can't get on CD, either because they're rare or just unavailable. I wonder if CDs are going to be to this generation what vinyl was to mine, in the sense that it becomes a romanticized medium (to me that's a really weird thought )

I just realized how old I sound :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #624 of 9,484

rolleyes.gif

Bah, you kids and your hashtags. Back in my day, we used html... uphill, both ways!

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM Post #627 of 9,484
  And you get yet another line in your custom title. I've used html too, but I don't get the joke... 
confused.gif

if you wanna link to something....we use links.....

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:51 PM Post #629 of 9,484
Haha, I didn't even notice the change in my title. I wonder who did that one...

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #630 of 9,484

rolleyes.gif

I first read this as feeling gold, and thought, "That's one way of looking at it."  Altho the "golden" years might well be construed as of diminishing capacity and increasing decrepity.  Fool's gold, as it were. Fool for buying into the gilded euphemism, at any rate. 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back