New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jun 11, 2013 at 7:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9,484

Stalker81598

100+ Head-Fier
Just announced by Schiit.

Ragnarok is a 100wpc (into 4 ohms) amp and Yggdrasil is a bitperfect dac. Both have balanced XLR outputs.

From the preliminary spec sheet:

RAGNAROK:

"Ragnarok is the world’s first universal amplifier, fully capable of powering everything from ultra-sensitive IEMs to loudspeakers. With 100WPC RMS into 4 ohms, 3 selectable gains, a relay-switched stepped attenuator volume control, and Crossfet™ circlotron-style output topology, Ragnarok befits its name—in Norse legend, Ragnarok was the “end of the world.”

Power Output: 100W into 4 ohms, 60W into 8 ohms, 15W into 32 ohms, 9.6W into 50 ohms, 1.6W into 300 ohms, 800mW into 600 ohms
Inputs: 2 balanced, 3 single-ended stereo inputs
Outputs: speaker terminals, 4-pin balanced XLR headphone, TRS unbalanced headphone, balanced and unbalanced preamp outs
Gain: selectable gain of 20, 7, or 1
Volume: (64) 1.25dB steps via relay-switched stepped attenuator
Topology: Fully discrete Crossfet™ circlotron-style stage with no caps in the signal path and no DC servos, all solid state
Management: microprocessor control of quiescent current and DC levels, with monitoring of all fault conditions
Power Supply: 400VA transformer with 4 separate circlotron output rails, over 100,000uF filter capacitance total
Size & Weight: 16 x 12 x 3.875”, 30 lbs
Estimated Price & Availability: $1400-1600, late 2013"

YGGDRASIL:

"Yggdrasil is the ultimate expression of Schiit’s bitperfect approach, and the antithesis of noise-shaping DACs and technologies such as DSD. With proprietary technology from input stage to clock regeneration to digital filter to D/A conversion and analog output stage, Yggdrasil (the world tree in Norse legend, and the source of all things) resets the bar for DACs.

Inputs: USB, Toslink, Coax, BNC, AES/EBU
Outputs: balanced XLR and single-ended RCA
Clock Regeneration: proprietary Adapticlock topology with analysis of quality of incoming datastream, as well as VCO and VCXO reclocking
Phase Inversion: selectable via front panel button
Digital Filter: proprietary Schiit closed-form bitperfect digital filter based on <REDACTED>
D/A Conversion: proprietary fully differential configuration based on <REDACTED>
Analog Stage: proprietary Schiit Pivot-Point differential current-feedback topology, fully discrete, with ultra-low-noise JFET and bipolar devices
Power Supply: 4 choke-input, shunt-regulated supplies feeding 20+ stages of discrete and integrated local regulation
Size & Weight: 16 x 12 x 3.875”, 30 lbs
Estimated Price & Availability: $1700-1900, early 2014"

http://www.schiit.com/ragnarok-yggdrasil.pdf

Updates and Links

1. 2014-05-07: jude posted his first impressions of the Schiit Ragnarok.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 9,484
Quote:
Ragnarok

eek.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #7 of 9,484
30 pounds each lol

I am gonna need my own apt before getting this

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #8 of 9,484
Wow, they are taking things to the next level. 

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #10 of 9,484
Hope the quality control is better than the asgard 2... Particularly for this price.

Also should this really be in the full-size headphones part of this forum? Doesn't really matter but thought it should be brought up.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #11 of 9,484
Quote:
Also should this really be in the full-size headphones part of this forum? Doesn't really matter but thought it should be brought up.

My bad. I didn't really think about it when I was posting as this is the only section of the forum I read.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #12 of 9,484
No worries. I don't really mind. Just wondering.

I hope they update the Valhalla next. I'm looking for an affordable tube amp. Although I don't know if I'd ever go schiit again.

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #13 of 9,484
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

Its ANNOUNCED!! Ive been checking Schiit.com every day for this... I guess ill bypass Mjolnir and Gungir and go straight to the end game stuff.

Im just wondering where is the tube option? maybe they gave up on it?? id be very disappointed..

Wow, what a day!

Jun 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM Post #15 of 9,484
Quote:
Oh MY GOODNESS!!!

Its ANNOUNCED!! Ive been checking Schiit.com every day for this... I guess ill bypass Mjolnir and Gungir and go straight to the end game stuff.

Im just wondering where is the tube option? maybe they gave up on it?? id be very disappointed..

Wow, what a day!

Jason already mentioned the hybrid option would be significantly delayed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back