New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 28, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #9,257 of 9,484
It's been a while since that post, to which I saw some responses, but what's the current thinking on this?

It certainly makes a difference. If it's a good one or bad one depends on your source and personal tastes :)

Jul 29, 2016 at 3:08 AM Post #9,258 of 9,484
I'm wondering if the Wyrd technology is already incorporated in the Yggdrasil.

If Wyrd were expensive, I might think it isn't incorporated, but Wyrd is cheap. When you considering that box and connectors (expensive portion of some components) are redundant, the actual technology part of Wyrd might be cheap to have been put into Yggy. There may be other considerations, not least being trying to keep any extra cost to a minimum.

Jul 29, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #9,259 of 9,484
  I'm wondering if the Wyrd technology is already incorporated in the Yggdrasil.

If Wyrd were expensive, I might think it isn't incorporated, but Wyrd is cheap. When you considering that box and connectors (expensive portion of some components) are redundant, the actual technology part of Wyrd might be cheap to have been put into Yggy. There may be other considerations, not least being trying to keep any extra cost to a minimum.

I'm catching up on older posts and just read this one that addresses some of my questions:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/701900/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up/10755#post_12605744

Jul 29, 2016 at 11:20 PM Post #9,260 of 9,484

It's been a while since that post, to which I saw some responses, but what's the current thinking on this?

It is really more a source issue - a USB socket is not equal to another, due to many factors.  One noise environment is not equal to any other.  It is pointless to build it into the front end of many USB sections, something akin to buying airplane liability insurance when you have a helicopter.  It is just when you need it, you need it.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 14, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #9,262 of 9,484
Hi guys,
Jonathan here..just wanna ask you all for opinion..
I have the master 9..then i planning to get the ragnarok..is it possible for the master 9 be pre amp to amplify the current of the ragnarok to drive my upcoming HE6..

Thanks
Jonathan

Aug 14, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #9,263 of 9,484
Hi guys,
Jonathan here..just wanna ask you all for opinion..
I have the master 9..then i planning to get the ragnarok..is it possible for the master 9 be pre amp to amplify the current of the ragnarok to drive my upcoming HE6..

Thanks
Jonathan

If you have a Master 9, there is no need to get a ragnarok unless your planning to power speakers.

Aug 14, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #9,265 of 9,484
Thanks for the opinion bro..
But running the He6 with master 9 is really bottleneck..the he6 simply does not sing..
Therefore, i may need an amp such as xindak the ragnarok.?
Thanks,
Jonathan

If you're not happy with the performance of the Master 9, then you'd be better off just using the Ragnarok.  Though I doubt that'll make things any better in this case.

Trying to run one into the other is not only hugely redundant but is likely to give you a worse result than just using one of them.

Aug 15, 2016 at 8:34 AM Post #9,267 of 9,484
Anyone here have experience with Ragnarok using a 4 pin split-er to evaluate 2 sets of phones at the same time?

Aug 15, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #9,268 of 9,484
I, too, think the Rag does a better job at driving the HE-6 than the M9.

In the end, neither match what's possible with a First Watt or other good power amps.
Don't need to spend several thousands either; a M2 can be have for ~$1200 and does a better job than those two. It's a bit warm sounding, which is actually good for either a stock HE-6 or one that follows Ohgourami's mods.

I personally like my HE-6 warmer (fuzzor + Focus pads) on the First Watt F6. YMMV.

Aug 15, 2016 at 9:07 PM Post #9,269 of 9,484
I, too, think the Rag does a better job at driving the HE-6 than the M9.

In the end, neither match what's possible with a First Watt or other good power amps.
Don't need to spend several thousands either; a M2 can be have for ~$1200 and does a better job than those two. It's a bit warm sounding, which is actually good for either a stock HE-6 or one that follows Ohgourami's mods.

I personally like my HE-6 warmer (fuzzor + Focus pads) on the First Watt F6. YMMV.

Understood..
I would be good to go with the ragnarok if i wanted to drive the HE6...
Can i use the M9 as preamplifier.?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:51 PM Post #9,270 of 9,484
Anyone here using a power conditioner for your Ragg and Yiggy Schitt Stack? I have a cheap VanEvers conditioner/surge strip on them now. Just bought a Richard Gray 400 Pro that should arrive by the weekend. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back