New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Jul 29, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #8,386 of 9,484
  The Schiit-Europe distributor has charged in advance!

Now that really is a shame. I personally would call and complain.

Jul 29, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #8,387 of 9,484
How does ordering work with PayPal credit? would Schiit charged in advance as well? or just holding the fund?

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #8,391 of 9,484
  How does ordering work with PayPal credit? would Schiit charged in advance as well? or just holding the fund?

It simply shows up as an "authorization" on paypal when you place the order.  Your associated credit card or account isn't charged anything until the day your yggy actually ships.  

As TMoney noted, this is really nice in an industry where vendors routinely hold your funds for months while ordering parts etc. before the end products are finally shipped out.

Jul 29, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #8,392 of 9,484
It simply shows up as an "authorization" on paypal when you place the order.  Your associated credit card or account isn't charged anything until the day your yggy actually ships.  

As TMoney noted, this is really nice in an industry where vendors routinely hold your funds for months while ordering parts etc. before the end products are finally shipped out.

Unless you ordered from Canada/outside of the USA and have watched the price steadily increase...

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #8,394 of 9,484
You could probably ask Schiit (e.g. Alex) to charge right away. I did this once with Decware, anticipating - correctly it transpired - our currency would decline against the greenback.

Unless you ordered from Canada/outside of the USA and have watched the price steadily increase...

Jul 29, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #8,395 of 9,484
You could probably ask Schiit (e.g. Alex) to charge right away. I did this once with Decware, anticipating - correctly it transpired - our currency would decline against the greenback.

Nice idea, but the floating exchange could cost Schiit a lot money if the production parts were obsoleted, dollar tanked and many customers wanted a refund at once.

Jul 29, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #8,396 of 9,484

You can easily hedge if you are worried about shifting currencies. Just change the price of Yggy from CAN to USD in cash. Boom. Now you are hedged.

Jul 29, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #8,398 of 9,484
  This evening, I met Jason and Denise to discuss the upcoming Schiit Show, which will introduce new Schiit products that Jase and I have been working on. I have been in my R&D happy place for the last few months. I was also suffering from an apparent delusion that the Yggdrasil was really turned over to a production machine that could produce many of them, indeed routine production. After all, they did it when I husbanded the first run this spring, didn't they? Rather than discuss the Schiit Show, I heard from Jason that there had been sent a bulk email to all Yggy backorder holders that we screw*d the pooch for yet another month or so on delivery. I am pissed – this makes me look like a buffoon. I take this personally. I have designed and turned over to production many audio products in the last several decades, and the expectation that they can be scheduled and built repeatedly in new runs has been routine and uncomplicated. As many head-fi readers may recall, upon completion of the Yggy production protos, I reported and detailed the first run production progress, as well as accurately predicted the production availability.

Granted, the Yggy has some complications:

1. It has seven screw**g pcbs, all of which must be completed before the fact of final assembly.

2. It uses many industrial grade parts that are designed for expensive products built by the dozen, rather than by the several hundred.

3. It is full of audiopile grade caps which are 24-30 week delivery time.

4. Probably other stuff which like the above, are really only excuses. If you are going to be a big boy and build such Schiit, you live with the above – tough.

So let me take this opportunity to personally apologize to everyone on the backorder list. This flows up to me – it is my product. The bottom line is that you have all been lied to, whatever the intentions. I know, I know – you still do not have your Yggys. If I were you, I would not believe a single word re delivery times from Schiit, and God Damn it I am sorry. You deserve better.

Here is my plan to start to take care of this. I will send this dispatch to several places: Every Schiit Employee, whether he has anything to do with Yggy or not, all key personnel and the president of our assembly house, and finally, I will post this in two appropriate threads on headfi.

I am now on this and will investigate and report on headfi what is really happening, just as I did on the pilot run. This is probably the result of somebody believing something that they wanted to hear, which has spiraled down to this serious current situation. Regardless, the only way to restore confidence is truth, rather than PR or ********.

Finally, I will put in place a way to make sure this does not happen again. I hope that you will give me this chance to set it straight.

Thank you for the update, Mike. It's a company that really cares about its customers that would write this! I placed my order in late-May and, while I of course wish I had the Yggy already, there's certainly no hard feelings. It's great of you to come on the board and let us know what's going on and express your sympathy and frustration. 

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #8,399 of 9,484
I missed the boat on the introduction of the ygg.  Recall posts by a few others when it was in prototype test mode, but missed the entire get ready here it comes unveiling.  Hell, I had no intention of ordering one anyhoo.  So after all the excitement I'm completely unaware of I see this thread and jump in. Couldn't stand it after seeing everyone fired up and me still holding my johnson. I ordered on April 27th...a Monday if memory serves me.  I was waaaaay back in the queue, counting orders/deliveries.  The darn thing shows up less than 4 weeks later.  Sheeeeeet.  Haven't looked back since.  This thing is the bomb.  If one goes up for sale, jump on it boys n girls.

HS

Jul 29, 2015 at 11:55 PM Post #8,400 of 9,484
Bragger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back