New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 25, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,516 of 9,483
+1 I am prepared to pay even the extortionist tax of 35% added to an item coming into Ireland from america and the near 300 dollar delivery of a product that weights more than 14 kilos. 

You guys are gonna get a barging over their in the states compared to what some will pay and even with 895 dollars added on to the 1699 price i still think its a bargain! 
So you'll be paying an additional 50% markup kn taxes? Good gawd.

Apr 25, 2014 at 7:57 PM Post #1,517 of 9,483
So you'll be paying an additional 50% markup kn taxes? Good gawd.

Close to it yea. I might be able to worm the tax man down but we will have to see. If Electromod or some distributor sell it in the UK i might be able to get it cheaper but these guys know the story and my guess is that they will price the Rag at around 1700 pounds sterling which actually works out the same or slightly more expensive. 

My fingers are crossed. In any case this is all procrastinating for me - it depends on whether i get a good price for my WA2. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,519 of 9,483
The same here for me in Malaysia. This large package will see the customs man grabbing hold of it and slapping a 30% tax. With our weaker currency, its gonna be expensive importing it. Even the Singapore distributor's price is not expected to be cheap. :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #1,520 of 9,483
The same here for me in Malaysia. This large package will see the customs man grabbing hold of it and slapping a 30% tax. With our weaker currency, its gonna be expensive importing it. Even the Singapore distributor's price is not expected to be cheap. :frowning2:

In Thailand, we're in the same boat. For some reason Schiit will only sell to dealers in Thailand through Singapore. And i have it on good authority that the Singaporean distributor sell to dealers at prices equal to and higher than the prices on Schiit's website. Not cool.

Apr 26, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,521 of 9,483
In Thailand, we're in the same boat. For some reason Schiit will only sell to dealers in Thailand through Singapore. And i have it on good authority that the Singaporean distributor sell to dealers at prices equal to and higher than the prices on Schiit's website. Not cool.

I agree with you on the Singaporean distributors prices. Most definitely pricier. Perhaps it's due the shipping costa and taxes being factored in...

Apr 26, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #1,522 of 9,483
I agree with you on the Singaporean distributors prices. Most definitely pricier. Perhaps it's due the shipping costa and taxes being factored in...

If those are local taxes and duties, then yes, I'm sure the distributor is passing on those costs to the consumer.

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #1,523 of 9,483

If those are local taxes and duties, then yes, I'm sure the distributor is passing on those costs to the consumer.

It would be great to find someone who we could meet half way. 

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,524 of 9,483
  It would be great to find someone who we could meet half way. 

A distributor that is willing to eat half the taxes and duties? 
blink.gif

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #1,525 of 9,483
Apr 26, 2014 at 5:57 PM Post #1,526 of 9,483
Apr 26, 2014 at 6:29 PM Post #1,527 of 9,483
Our tax (New Zealand) is reasonable at 15%. Unfortunately, product often comes via Australia (because that's where the distributor is). Australia has 10% and so we end up with >25% tax + an extra shipping charge to cross from Aus to NZ.

Still, that's just the way it has to be sometimes!

Apr 26, 2014 at 7:56 PM Post #1,528 of 9,483
Our tax (New Zealand) is reasonable at 15%. Unfortunately, product often comes via Australia (because that's where the distributor is). Australia has 10% and so we end up with >25% tax + an extra shipping charge to cross from Aus to NZ.

Still, that's just the way it has to be sometimes!

I claimed my GST back at Sydney International a couple of days back - over 4K worth of audio purchases. The tax guy said the scheme is really only aimed at foreign visitors to Oz, but when I told him I wont be back in Oz for 2 months he said the ATO will give me the depreciation value, so I should be around 20% of the assessed GST back. I'll take what I can get from the ATO - they arent known for handing out money - but I'm definitely going to be lining up at the VAT refund counter at Bangkok airport this trip. Taurus amp, LCD-3, Mad Dogs - damn the torpedoes and bring on those toys, Mr Taxman  :D

Apr 26, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,529 of 9,483

I claimed my GST back at Sydney International a couple of days back - over 4K worth of audio purchases. The tax guy said the scheme is really only aimed at foreign visitors to Oz, but when I told him I wont be back in Oz for 2 months he said the ATO will give me the depreciation value, so I should be around 20% of the assessed GST back. I'll take what I can get from the ATO - they arent known for handing out money - but I'm definitely going to be lining up at the VAT refund counter at Bangkok airport this trip. Taurus amp, LCD-3, Mad Dogs - damn the torpedoes and bring on those toys, Mr Taxman  :D

may i ask how much the taurus amp cost in thailand?

Apr 27, 2014 at 6:04 AM Post #1,530 of 9,483
  may i ask how much the taurus amp cost in thailand?

You certainly may :D

Jetlive have the Taurus at 45K baht atm, per their website:

http://www.jetliveaudio.com/index.php?mo=29&keyword=Auralic

I'll be using the usual 'Sir, what's the cash price on this combination ?' negotiation technique, but from where I'm sitting that looks like a very good price for the Taurus. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back