New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Apr 8, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,382 of 9,484
I think if I ever make it to a big meet somewhere, I'm going to build an amp with an actual space heater on top and show off my class-A mojo by making s'mores for everyone while listening to music.

Apr 8, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #1,384 of 9,484

I had a Audio-GD Phoenix before, that thing was a house heater.

Lol maybe in comparison to other amps you've had...get a First Watt F1...then you will know heat. You can't even touch it but for a moment lest you hurt yourself

I wanted to get one, but where, they are no longer sold

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #1,388 of 9,484
Man I can't wait for the RAGNAROK to be released

Schiit, you better not **** this up. I have high hopes that this receiver will compete with the big boys like Marantz, McIntosh, Denon etc

It will be the ultimate ******* receiver

high-quality audiophile sound
rock-solid construction and durability
breath-taking simplistic aesthetics

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #1,389 of 9,484

Schiit, you better not **** this up. I have high hopes that this receiver will compete with the big boys like Marantz, McIntosh, Denon etc

I only browse this thread occasionally but didn't realize this was a receiver. Are you indicating they are putting a tuner in the amp? Also you shouldn't be grouping Denon and Marantz with McIntosh because they are not equals.

Apr 10, 2014 at 12:32 AM Post #1,390 of 9,484

I only browse this thread occasionally but didn't realize this was a receiver. Are you indicating they are putting a tuner in the amp? Also you shouldn't be grouping Denon and Marantz with McIntosh because they are not equals.

Maybe I misspoke, there isn't going to be a tuner integrated into the Ragnarok from what I understand. I should have said amplifier.

And I grouped Denon, McIntosh, and Marantz because they all make some of the best amplifiers and receivers. Especially vintage Marantz receivers/amps. Don't know about the new ones though

Apr 10, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #1,391 of 9,484

I hope the Ragnarok will be nothing like the offerings from Marantz, Denon and even McIntosh. I hope it will be better, better like how a bottle of scotch is better than a bicycle. . .

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,393 of 9,484
  I hope the Ragnarok will be nothing like the offerings from Marantz, Denon and even McIntosh. I hope it will be better, better like how a bottle of scotch is better than a bicycle. . .

I hope it will be better also, but I also somewhat doubt it. A company like Marantz, founded in '53, has been making quality stereo receivers and amps well before Schiit was even though of. Not saying it's impossible, but it's going to be hard to compete with somebody like that.

It's like a brand-new manufacturer of mics trying to compete with Shure

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #1,394 of 9,484

I hope it will be better also, but I also somewhat doubt it. A company like Marantz, founded in '53, has been making quality stereo receivers and amps well before Schiit was even though of. Not saying it's impossible, but it's going to be hard to compete with somebody like that.

It's like a brand-new manufacturer of mics trying to compete with Shure

I do not think you understood my point. Schiit is not competing with Marantz.

Apr 10, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #1,395 of 9,484

I do not think you understood my point. Schiit is not competing with Marantz.

I realize that Schiit is not competing with Marantz, but Schiit seems to be up there with them and that's why I was comparing Schiit to Marantz. I was just imagining in my head if the new Schiit amp is going to compete with the vintage Marantz receivers/amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back