New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil
Mar 30, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #1,325 of 9,484
  You know, one of the things I really like about my current DAC is the LCD screen on it.  I'm kinda surprised the Ygg doesn't even have a rudimentary one, being the company's statement dac.  

Displays are:

a. Noisy (as in, HF noise, which we don't need more of--especially with non-harmonically related clocks)
b. Non-conducive to 5-year warranties (look at how many exclude the displays)
c. Limited and quickly outdated (Why not OLED? Why not retina? Why not laser projection? Why not direct mental transfer?)

So, with respect: no displays.

Yes, we are old-fashioned. Yes, we are late. Again, if those are deal-breakers, I completely understand.

And now, back to conceptual work on new chassis...

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Mar 30, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #1,328 of 9,484
Sound, sound, sound!!! I want every last dime I spend on a DAC or Amp of this quality to go completely to quality of sound it reads/produces/amplifies/etc, as well as reliability, and finally (but not least), to give the developer adequate compensation for the time/energy/money spent both as thanks and incentive to continue improving for the next product further down the road.

As for a screen, I'll stare at my computer screensaver while listening to the amazing music coming out of my headphones.

Mar 30, 2014 at 3:11 PM Post #1,330 of 9,484
  Sound, sound, sound!!! I want every last dime I spend on a DAC or Amp of this quality to go completely to quality of sound it reads/produces/amplifies/etc, as well as reliability, and finally (but not least), to give the developer adequate compensation for the time/energy/money spent both as thanks and incentive to continue improving for the next product further down the road.

As for a screen, I'll stare at my computer screensaver while listening to the amazing music coming out of my headphones.

+1000

No bells.  No whistles.  No Schiit

Mar 30, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #1,333 of 9,484
The 'easy' fix for the led is a small piece of electrical tape or even a dab of fingernail polish.

Some might say it would look 'ugly' or some such, but if your eyes are closed it won't matter.

No fuss, no muss… 
atsmile.gif

JJ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back