new Schiit product
Oct 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

sfactor23

New Head-Fier
I've read in a couple of places, including in Steve Guttenberg's column, that Schiit will have "a radically new affordable product due in a few months" - does anybody know what it is?

Oct 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #2 of 14
Quote:
I've read in a couple of places, including in Steve Guttenberg's column, that Schiit will have "a radically new affordable product due in a few months" - does anybody know what it is?

Have you looked at the rest of their products. Pretty damn affordable.

The only other thing Schiit has planned is their flagship statement offerings.
Initially reportedly by end of year. But has since been pushed to early 2013.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:18 AM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Quote:
Have you looked at the rest of their products. Pretty damn affordable.

The only other thing Schiit has planned is their flagship statement offerings.
Initially reportedly by end of year. But has since been pushed to early 2013.

I have - in fact, I own the Valhalla and the Bifrost - very good bang for the buck - so, when Steve Gutttenberg says they are offering "a radically new affordable product due in a few months", and he's clearly not referring to their statement DAC and amp, I'm curious as to what the new product will be -

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #4 of 14
here is a link to Steve's statement:
http://news.cnet.com/2300-13645_3-10014208-19.html

in addition, from digital audio review:

Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat have been shipping the Schiit Mjolnir ($749) head-amp and Schiit Gungnir ($749/$849 with USB) DAC balanced combo for a while now.  Most consumers are buying both as a pair.  Bonnie and Clyde behind Audeze LCD-3 guns.   Full, rich and all-enveloping.  Rich chocolate sauce with high cocoa content.  Requires no additional sugar or preservatives. Moffat let it slip that we won’t find any off-the-shelf chip in the top-of-the-Schiit-list DAC.  Stoddard added that the statement DAC and head-amp won’t appear until Q1 of 2013…but there’s some super wallet-friendly Schiit product launching soon that’s sure to turn many heads.  Shhhhhhh.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2012/10/rmaf-2012-day-two-highlights/

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
here is a link to Steve's statement:
http://news.cnet.com/2300-13645_3-10014208-19.html

in addition, from digital audio review:

Jason Stoddard and Mike Moffat have been shipping the Schiit Mjolnir ($749) head-amp and Schiit Gungnir ($749/$849 with USB) DAC balanced combo for a while now.  Most consumers are buying both as a pair.  Bonnie and Clyde behind Audeze LCD-3 guns.   Full, rich and all-enveloping.  Rich chocolate sauce with high cocoa content.  Requires no additional sugar or preservatives. Moffat let it slip that we won’t find any off-the-shelf chip in the top-of-the-Schiit-list DAC.  Stoddard added that the statement DAC and head-amp won’t appear until Q1 of 2013…but there’s some super wallet-friendly Schiit product launching soon that’s sure to turn many heads.  Shhhhhhh.

http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2012/10/rmaf-2012-day-two-highlights/

I am puzzled as to how another product from Schiit will fit into the super wallet friendly category.

And yea, some new PYST cables are on the horizon, but I'd doubt Jason ever marketing something like that.

Color me interested for the shear fact of being skeptical.

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #6 of 14
Maybe it's T-Shirts! 
biggrin.gif

I'd like a "My Schiit Don't Stink!" T-Shirt (or some variation on the theme).

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
Maybe it's T-Shirts! 
biggrin.gif

I'd like a "My Schiit Don't Stink!" T-Shirt (or some variation on the theme).

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Motherfu**er, you're right. And I feel silly for being duped. 
mad.gif
redface.gif

Oct 20, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #12 of 14
Yea and maybe Jason will join forces with hewhosnameshallnotbespoken and put out a perfect measuring product. 
tongue.gif

I'd prefer a T-shirt.

Mar 24, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #14 of 14
A CD Transport?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back