NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions
Jun 2, 2014 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,168

sling5s

Headphoneus Supremus
Just want to start a thread for the new Lyr 2.  Interested in impressions.

Jun 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 2,168
I'm interesting in hearing what people have to say about this as well, particularly with low ohm cans. I'm currently using my Lyr with RS2, D2000, and Q701. Not the best pairing, but I've also got an HE500 on the horizon. Also usinng mine as a pre-amp but I really don't like that headphones don't mute the pre-outs. The Lyr 2 seems to take care of basically every issue I have... but I am on the fence on if it will be worth it for the ~$200 or so it will probably cost between what the Lyr 2 fetches and what I can hopefully sell my Lyr for. 

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #3 of 2,168
My Lyr 1 was delivered literally 2 weeks ago. I'm a bit gutted about the timing!

That said, the Lyr 1 is still incredible - so I'm not planning on upgrading.

Main changes seem to be a gain switch and some reworking of the power systems for lower noise floor.

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:26 AM Post #4 of 2,168
Someone needs to compare it to the Garage1217 Project Ember now that it has that gain switch, and settle once and for all which amp is better-sounding on the same tube.
tongue.gif

Jun 4, 2014 at 6:48 PM Post #5 of 2,168
I ordered a Lyr 1 about a week ago from Amazon, not knowing that the Lyr 2 was just about to come out. Luckily, I got one of their Warehouse Deal ones, which was like open box but still functional, but it only played out of one ear so I sent it back. I'm going to get a Lyr 2 once the refund goes through, but I kind of wish that the Lyr 1 worked so I could compare.

Jun 4, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #6 of 2,168
seems quite interesting! i hope they get a batch of black chassis by mistake for those new lyr 2 :D

i actually enjoyed reading the FAQ section in the lyr2 page.. lol

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #10 of 2,168
Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow along with an uber bitfrost. I lack experience in describing audiophile sound, but will leave my impressions :)

What headphones do you have? And what amp DAC combo are you using now. Improvements from your old amp and DAC vs the bifrost lyr 2 would be a good start for impressions. :p

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jun 11, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #11 of 2,168
Coming from absolutely nothing, except for an astro mix amp. Source being computer, and phones being mad dogs. Soon to be alphas once I receive my upgrade notice :)

Hence the lack of experience :D

Jun 11, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #12 of 2,168
Coming from absolutely nothing, except for an astro mix amp. Source being computer, and phones being mad dogs. Soon to be alphas once I receive my upgrade notice
smily_headphones1.gif

Hence the lack of experience
biggrin.gif

The Lyr was a great amp for the Mad Dogs I used to own.  I think you will be happy with your rig.   Congratulations!!!

Jun 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #13 of 2,168
My Lyr 2 just came in. I can't really give it a proper review because it's going to be a few more days before my HE-500s come in but I'm trying it out through my ATH-M50s and i'm using my FiiO e10 as a DAC, and so far it's insane. I have it on the low gain setting at 12 o'clock and it's about to make my ears bleed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back