New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Mar 24, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #226 of 402
Finally i got the Zip 8g,and with Rockbox is definitively the better option,the refresh is no existent,my first full charged battery lasted more or less 10 hours with 16 ohms Hf2,with screen brightness unreadable without shadow,medium volume (the shure olives really do a great job for cutting the popular -everyday or almost- big old engine sound of the buses i take to go to job) and with 320 mp3 in autochange directory.15 would not be bad.
two question surged from interest about the amp.

initially i was planning in combining with a E6 for ,like somebody sad just for a little more "juice",thinking that would be a battery help more then a real sound improvement..but then i choose the Pav2v,and the national postal service here is bad,so i have to wait some time get it,or hear it.
anyway...does somebody already paired with the Zip?how do u set the gain level of the Pav?would be glad to know if the price worth the investment for bus travelling,as i am saving for a better desktop solution at the moment.
salute

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:59 AM Post #227 of 402

Quote:

Arrrh, yeah ok. I see what you mean now. The swirling. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Try hooking it up so the cable goes over the back of  the E6 and secure it there somehow. You can use a rubber band to pair them together or some double sided tape found at your local newsagents 

yeah im gonna permanently glue them together or something....

Quote:
Finally i got the Zip 8g,and with Rockbox is definitively the better option,the refresh is no existent,my first full charged battery lasted more or less 10 hours with 16 ohms Hf2,with screen brightness unreadable without shadow,medium volume (the shure olives really do a great job for cutting the popular -everyday or almost- big old engine sound of the buses i take to go to job) and with 320 mp3 in autochange directory.15 would not be bad.
two question surged from interest about the amp.

initially i was planning in combining with a E6 for ,like somebody sad just for a little more "juice",thinking that would be a battery help more then a real sound improvement..but then i choose the Pav2v,and the national postal service here is bad,so i have to wait some time get it,or hear it.
anyway...does somebody already paired with the Zip?how do u set the gain level of the Pav?would be glad to know if the price worth the investment for bus travelling,as i am saving for a better desktop solution at the moment.
salute

...imho E6+zip(rockboxed) does little to the sound quality, i just like the bass boost the e6 brings, im all about the amp mentality, if theres such a thing :)

Mar 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #228 of 402
Hi guys, just bought a 32GB microSDHC card and was wondering if it should be formatted before loading it with music file. I tried with a 2 GB card and formatted it thru the player and was able to load in some music file. The question is whether is this needed for the card to working properly. Thanks.

Mar 26, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #230 of 402

Quote:
Hi guys, just bought a 32GB microSDHC card and was wondering if it should be formatted before loading it with music file. I tried with a 2 GB card and formatted it thru the player and was able to load in some music file. The question is whether is this needed for the card to working properly. Thanks.

what do you mean? just insert it and you;re good to go, no need to format the clip

Quote:
Still liking better the 2 color OLED display.

each to his own i guess, i blame apple for spoiling me when it comes to colored screen, though im not a fan of them now, hehe...

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #231 of 402

Quote:

what do you mean? just insert it and you;re good to go, no need to format the clip

each to his own i guess, i blame apple for spoiling me when it comes to colored screen, though im not a fan of them now, hehe...

Hi mrcuccuou, i mean formatting the SDHC card and not the player. The card i bought states that it includes Sandisk Media Manager software download and was thinking if formatting it to remove it and free up more space and whether the included software will have any conflicts with the zip. Thanks.

Apr 4, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #232 of 402
My 4GB Clip Zip and 32GB card have just arrived. Rockbox is installed and I'm now charging the battery, can't wait to put this little gem through its paces. Hope it manages to get through all my different types of music files (aac 128>320kbps, mp3 and ALAC).

Apr 10, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #233 of 402
hi guys,

looks good. I'm considering buying this player. 

What hapens if I put a 24bit/96khz FLAC track on the player? will it play it?

Apr 11, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #234 of 402
any news?

will it play high rez 24bit/96khz FLAC?

Apr 12, 2012 at 8:36 AM Post #236 of 402
thanx!

will buy it because it's affordable and it will play 95% of my flac files. i'll have to downsample the high rez stuff to 16/44 flac.

Apr 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #237 of 402
I just transferred all of my songs from my PC to my Clip Zip, and it's weird but it seems some album art was registered but some of my albums didn't transfer with the art.

Apr 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #238 of 402
Remember the small screen size means files over 100kb will not be recognised. Also am not sure if the player recognises id3 embedded art or the album art being in the music folder

Have been rotating stock zip versus rockbox'd zip. Speedier startup and general firmware improvements are nice, but do miss the hold and on/off functionality of stock firmware. Why did the Rockbox coders think holding down two buttons would be more efficient than one handed simplicity?

Apr 21, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #239 of 402
Anyone have some advice on how to remove the clip easily without damaging the main system?

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #240 of 402
So I got Rockbox on the my Zip with this theme: http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?themeid=1524&target=sansaclipzip

However the theme doesn't really look like that. I don't get album art  and my radio looks nothing like that. Also for some reason now some of my songs won't play (so far the only ones that won't play are Muse songs...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back