New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Mar 19, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #211 of 402

Quote:
Hi miceblue, I see a whole list of different "lame exe" files. Which is the one that I should be looking at? Thanks

That's a good question, I'm not completely sure what libsndfile-1 is so I just use the first file on the list (use the 64-bit version if your OS supports it).
LAME 3.99.5 Bundle compiled with Intel Compiler 12.1.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #212 of 402

Quote:
That's a good question, I'm not completely sure what libsndfile-1 is so I just use the first file on the list (use the 64-bit version if your OS supports it).
LAME 3.99.5 Bundle compiled with Intel Compiler 12.1.

Ok miceblue, will do as my laptop has been repaired.. Anyway, I was thinking of ripping my CDs to flac (for laptop use) first thru fb2k before converting them to mp3 (portable). I'm not able to convert as they asked for the location file. Where can I find the file? Many  thanks.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:23 PM Post #213 of 402

Quote:
Ok miceblue, will do as my laptop has been repaired.. Anyway, I was thinking of ripping my CDs to flac (for laptop use) first thru fb2k before converting them to mp3 (portable). I'm not able to convert as they asked for the location file. Where can I find the file? Many  thanks.

Is it asking for the location of your music file, or "lame.exe"? If it's the latter of the two, then you have to find it on your computer. If you downloaded "LAME 3.99.5 Bundle compiled with Intel Compiler 12.1" just unzip it to a convenient location of your choice. Then when you convert a file using Foobar, it'll ask you where "lame.exe" is located, and you just locate it based on where you unzipped the previously mentioned folder.

Mar 20, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #214 of 402
Sorry miceblue, maybe I didn't phrase my post correctly. I'm referring to ripping CD to FLAC with fb2k and was asked to locate flac.exe. Where can I find the link or maybe you can attach a direct link for me to work on? Many thanks.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #215 of 402
That is the wrong link, that's for LAME not flac. I'm sure you can go to the flac website and find it though. Unzip and download that, than use the folder when it asks for the flac.exe.

Mar 21, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #216 of 402
That is the wrong link, that's for LAME not flac. I'm sure you can go to the flac website and find it though. Unzip and download that, than use the folder when it asks for the flac.exe.

Thanks Magedark, tried that but there is a list of files and don't really know which is the correct one to use. Sorry that I'm clueless when it comes to this computer jargons and trying to find my way around it. Would you be able to post a direct link for me to work on. Many thanks.

Edit: Ok guys, managed to get it working now and thanks to all for chipping in to help. Anyway, I found that there are different level to choose from and the highest in foobar is flac level 5 but I read somewhere that there is couple levels higher than 5. Any difference with the level used in terms of SQ?
Many thanks.:xf_eek:

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #217 of 402
hey guys, broke my LOD to my E6 + Zip combo, i think the LOD was the L8... im afraid if i buy another L8 LOD it will brake again (mine lasted less than a month).. i nid suggestions for a new LOD, thank you......

Mar 23, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #218 of 402

Quote:
hey guys, broke my LOD to my E6 + Zip combo, i think the LOD was the L8... im afraid if i buy another L8 LOD it will brake again (mine lasted less than a month).. i nid suggestions for a new LOD, thank you......

Depending where and how it broke could be the problem. I've had my L8 for around two months without any drama. The L8 has L shaped plugs where as L2 has straight plugs. Which one did you have? L2 or L8? or was it the stock one that came with your E6?

Mar 23, 2012 at 9:33 AM Post #219 of 402
^it was the stock one that came with the E6, isnt it the same with the L8 (with the L shaped plugs)?

im pretty sure the clip zip broke the lod, the lod now works only at certain angle of the plug...

a better question would be, how do you guys rock the zip? amped or raw? if amped how? if not...
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 23, 2012 at 7:00 PM Post #220 of 402

Quote:
^it was the stock one that came with the E6, isnt it the same with the L8 (with the L shaped plugs)?

im pretty sure the clip zip broke the lod, the lod now works only at certain angle of the plug...

a better question would be, how do you guys rock the zip? amped or raw? if amped how? if not...
ksc75smile.gif

L8 has larger gauge wire than the stock cable provided with E6, and is considered an upgrade. I suggest looking into purchasing L8 or L2 as a replacement remembering L8 has L shaped connectors while L2 has straight connectors. they're both the same gauge wire. The stock cable is pretty average. Be sure your Zips Headphone out works with just your headphones to narrow out the problem of your headphone out being the problem before buying which may also be the problem.

I don't own a Zip, I have a Clip+ paired with a Fiio E11 amp. Set your Zip to full volume then back off about 3 -4 clicks leaving it alone using your E6's volume control permanently. 

Mar 23, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #221 of 402
^hmm but the wiring wasnt the problem, its the plug, but now knowing the stock and the L8s arent the same gives me some relief, thanks.... also i tend to jump to albums a lot, thus i tend to handle the clip a lot, thuss swirling the plug a lot, thusss broke the plug, i think..

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #222 of 402

Quote:
^hmm but the wiring wasnt the problem, its the plug, but now knowing the stock and the L8s arent the same gives me some relief, thanks.... also i tend to jump to albums a lot, thus i tend to handle the clip a lot, thuss swirling the plug a lot, thusss broke the plug, i think..

Try not to do that. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Look into a replacement. 

Goodluck

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #225 of 402

Quote:
i'll be buying the L8 and stick my e6 with the zip into something like this, thus not swirling the plugs no more...yay
f

Arrrh, yeah ok. I see what you mean now. The swirling. 
tongue_smile.gif
 Try hooking it up so the cable goes over the back of  the E6 and secure it there somehow. You can use a rubber band to pair them together or some double sided tape found at your local newsagents 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back