New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Aug 30, 2011 at 9:27 AM Post #46 of 402
I ordered the 4GB version, I'll report back when I get it.
k701smile.gif

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #48 of 402

Quote:
Is the class 10 micro SD the best on the market right now?  And if so, why?

It's the highest read/write speeds. However, unless you plan to use a high-speed card reader to load the card, then you're wasting your money buying anything higher than a class 4, at least with the Clip Zip.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #49 of 402

Quote:
Is the class 10 micro SD the best on the market right now?  And if so, why?

Because you can take high speed photos w/ your digital camera.

Aug 30, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #50 of 402
The best card in the market is the one that better suits your usage patterns. There's no point in having a class 10 card (10 MB/s write speed) if you're going to update it twice a week, maybe a class 4 or class 2 will suffice, saving a considerable amount of cash.

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #53 of 402
The UPS man dropped mine off yesterday, so far this is what I've found. The sound quality is just as good as the Clip+, the radio is about the same as the Clip+, the screen is a nice change. Now if I can find a nice pair of IEM's for less than $50.
k701smile.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #54 of 402
Sep 1, 2011 at 4:33 PM Post #55 of 402
Any major updates in this firmware?

I got my zip last night and it's a pretty impressive ittle player.  I haven't used my Clip+ for a very long time so  I can't remember enough about it.  But it seems that the EQ is far better in the Zip.  And the customizable EQ is pretty good.  Seems like the bass is fuller and more natural sounding. 

I haven't had enough time to play with all the features on it yet or test everything, but so far seems like a pretty good little player. 

Sep 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM Post #56 of 402

Quote:
Any major updates in this firmware?

I got my zip last night and it's a pretty impressive ittle player.  I haven't used my Clip+ for a very long time so  I can't remember enough about it.  But it seems that the EQ is far better in the Zip.  And the customizable EQ is pretty good.  Seems like the bass is fuller and more natural sounding. 

I haven't had enough time to play with all the features on it yet or test everything, but so far seems like a pretty good little player. 

Quote:
This new firmware has various bug fixes, including key fixes listed below, as well as enhancements. Upon completion of the firmware upgrade, the device will turn off; power on the device to complete the upgrade process. If the device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 15 seconds to reset the device and then press and hold power button again to restart. 

Enhancements

1. System Settings is moved to the top for easy access
  2. Volume button function is enabled when device is in Locked state
  3. Play Previous is added to Music menu for music playback resume
  4. Play/Pause icon visibility is improved during FM recording playback

Bugs Fixed

1. Static noise is heard between some song changes
  2. Notification messages cause device to freeze while plugged in AC adaptor
  3. Non-music files show up on device when transferring M4A songs using Mac
  4. Add to Go List message shows up when press and holding on Shuffle List
  5. Device hangs if backlight is timed out during Date and Time adjustment

Known Issues

1. Pressing Back button does not return to previous list when playing an album after first song is played (Work around: User can go to Music menu and follow the highlighted choices to go back to previous list)
  2. AAC files encoded with Microsoft mp4-2 variable bit rate cannot be played (Work around: User can use different encoder or encode songs to different supporting formats)

above text from http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Clip-Zip/Sansa-Clip-Zip-Firmware-01-01-15/m-p/243608#M153

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:30 PM Post #57 of 402

Quote:
The UPS man dropped mine off yesterday, so far this is what I've found. The sound quality is just as good as the Clip+, the radio is about the same as the Clip+, the screen is a nice change. Now if I can find a nice pair of IEM's for less than $50.
k701smile.gif

The ones in the pics above are Xears TDIII...I believe I paid around 50 beans for them.  Very happy with them....Just imo....

Thanks Achmed...Firmware updated..

Quote:

Static noise is heard between some song changes

I heard this a few times and I blamed my ogg encoder.....lol....Thanks

Quo
  1.  Static noise is heard between some song changes

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:08 AM Post #58 of 402
Sounds like an important update, I'll be putting that on as soon as mine comes in, thanks. The back button functionality sounds like its pretty messed up right now, hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back