New Sansa Clip Zip is out!
Mar 5, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #391 of 402
I had the same issue recently. I removed RB and then did a reinstall. That solved the problem.

Quote:
  Hi guys! I have just bought my first Clip Zip and although I am very happy with the sound quality and other features, I am experiencing some problems with Rockbox.
I have already reseted the device more than 5 times in a 2 day working period. My main problems reside in the usb connection, where the device fully freezes and doesn't even show the drives on my computer. And my second problem is about my microsd card. I have a 16GB Samsung card and sometimes when accessing the database the device freezes completely. I know this has to do with the card because when I remove it the device works again completely fine.
I am really starting to get uncomfortable with these problems and I am thinking of using the OF only but at the same time I really would like to enjoy Rockbox's featureless. Has anyone experienced these problems with the Sansa Clip Zip? Does this have anything to do with the theme I am using?
Thank you.

Aug 11, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #392 of 402
I just managed to install rockbox.. and wow what a difference!  Highly recommended.

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #393 of 402
So I'm getting problems with this thing. One day, my rockboxed Zip froze on me while playing a song so I held the power button for 30 seconds to turn it off. Wouldn't boot into rockbox (just stays at the Boot 4.0 screen), but it would boot into the stock firmware normally. The stock firmware was giving me problems, like freezing randomly if touched. I tried to connect it to my computer, and it successfully connected into MTP mode, but when trying to connect through MSC it just kept going between "transferring" and "connected". I disconnected it in the middle of one of the transferring screens, and now it refuses to boot through the stock firmware as well (just gets stuck at the logo).
How can I fix this?

Dec 5, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #394 of 402
outside of having some luck unlocking the clip by 30s reset, dunno for the zip but for clips it's something like home+power.
you can't remove RB and reinstall it?

Dec 6, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #395 of 402
Can anyone tell me the button combo to reset my Clipzip. I just dumped 16GB music on it last night and when I went into library I got the screen stuck then black screen then flashing white strobe effect then it went blank...cannot switch on now.
Tried hooking up to USB...battery was fully charged when this happened.

Dec 6, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #397 of 402
Thanks, it came back...I tried various 2 button combos but maybe it was just like you say, holding the power button long enough for a hard reset....PHEW...my beloved dirt cheap ClipZip looked like it just died....love this little music box !

Dec 27, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #399 of 402
Hi everyone!

Just want to share that the Samsung 128GB EVO+ microSDXC works perfectly on Clip Zip! 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Just formatted it to FAT32 using guiformat.

Dec 29, 2015 at 12:58 AM Post #400 of 402
  Hi everyone!

Just want to share that the Samsung 128GB EVO+ microSDXC works perfectly on Clip Zip! 
smily_headphones1.gif
  Just formatted it to FAT32 using guiformat.

With or without rockbox? I know rockbox added support a few months back. 

My "Team" brand 128gb uSDXC works in all of my slot-equipped sansas now, including my C250. 

Dec 29, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #401 of 402

With or without rockbox? I know rockbox added support a few months back. 

My "Team" brand 128gb uSDXC works in all of my slot-equipped sansas now, including my C250. 

Rockbox.

Feb 5, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #402 of 402
For anyone using Rockbox on their Clip Zips, some of the patches for frequency scaling that had come out on this thread were just commited to the git repo a week or so ago, and should be available in the dev builds. I've been using these patches for a while and they definitely help with battery life - adding at least a couple of hours to the typical 12h (assuming lossy files, etc). There are a couple of other patches that help, that have yet to be commited, but I do recommend trying the dev builds out and reporting back with some battery_bench.txt's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back