NEW REVIEW of LA7000s - enjoythemusic
Oct 29, 2009 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

budx3385

500+ Head-Fier
A new review of LA7000s just went up here
Lawton Audio LA7000 Headphones Each pair are unique, almost artisanal in execution and finish. Review By Linden Park

Glowing !!! Fantabulous !!!

and most definitely, WELL-DESERVED !!!

way to go, Mark Lawton !!!
o2smile.gif

PS - I promise, promise, promise I will indeed post my own laudatory comments on my precious LA7000s --- and if the LA2000s I've ordered for "roadies" arrive soon, I'll get that done even quicker !!!

o2smile.gif
-- there should be a Lawton smiley !!!

Bud

Oct 30, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #2 of 3
There should be a Lawton smiley!! I love the LA7000's, mine are balanced and I went through the whole "Buffalo-Springfield" catalog last eve. My neck had a kink with all the head-bobbin going on.

They aren't cheap but you get a great mid-band and better treble with some punch-the-ear-lobe bottom. My fave for Rock or New Age and some hot Jazz!

Audio jewelery that sounds as good as they look....

That's Great Mark! I'm glad you got some recognition outside the halls of Head-Fi!
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, guys, we're pretty pleased to be getting some attention from the mainstream press. The reviewer, Mr. Linden Park, really did a thorough and complete job; he spent a LOT of time with the phones, both mod-ed and un-mod-ed to compare and contrast and I think that shows in the finished review.

He also procured samples of different amps to try with the phones, just to verify their performance under different conditions.

Then, just to be triply sure of his conclusions, he obtained an Orpheus on loan as well as a HD800 to go head-to-head with the LA7000. I won't spoil the outcome for those who haven't read the review yet, but we're pretty pleased.
smily_headphones1.gif

The point is that Mr. Park was very professional and tackled this assigment in a very thorough and professional manner, which was all we could have asked. This review had a long gestation period; we were going to be up for the Product of the Year Award in headphones for 2009, but due to scheduling and when the review appeared, we will be a nominee for 2010 instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back