New Releases 2013 - No Records Released Before 2013
Jan 8, 2013 at 1:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 297

StratocasterMan

Headphoneus Supremus
Happy New Year everybody! It's time to start a new thread so we can discuss the new releases of 2013.

This thread is for the discussion of new music released in 2013. Any type of music is fair game, but let's keep it for 2013 releases only. That way, we'll have a place to discuss music that is new to all of us as it is released.

Obviously, there's not a lot to discuss just yet, but there certainly will be soon! 
popcorn.gif

I'll start it off:

Dropkick Murphys - Signed And Sealed In Blood (2013)

Boston's punk / folk / Celtic rockers return with an album that seems destined for a lot of radio play.

Read about it here:
Dropkick Murphys New Album Article

The album is available for listening on both Spotify and MOG.

Please share your comments, pictures, links, reviews, videos, etc. about new releases from 2013 when you hear them!

Jan 10, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #2 of 297
If you'd like to start the new year off with something out-of-the-ordinary, I've got just the ticket.

Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio (2013)

This record is the soundtrack for an indie film recorded by Birmingham, England's Broadcast. Rather than a collection of songs it is more a collection of soundscapes as there are 39 tracks in only 38 minutes.

The best way I can describe this music is that it is like listening to an experimental soundtrack for a '60s horror movie. It is dark, disturbing, haunting, avant-garde and electronic. A quick listen to a few tracks will give you a better idea of the mood of this music, but it's really the type of record that needs to be heard in it's entirety to be fully appreciated. Wait until it's dark, maybe light some candles, put on your headphones, and check this one out.

It's available on MOG and Spotify.

Jan 11, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 297
Sooo technically it's a few weeks until it's released, but my answer is not going to change, so just pretend that I've posted this later.

EDIT: It seams like going out in style wasn't very long ago, dang those murphys keep busy! (also nice choice).

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 297

Andy Winter - Incomprehensible

I actually got this about a month and a half ago, but it wasn't released until 2013. It's a really good Metal album. Very unique sound. Not sure how to describe it exactly. 

Avant-Metal is the best description I've heard. Gorgeous cover art, too.

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #5 of 297
Quote:

Andy Winter - Incomprehensible

I actually got this about a month and a half ago, but it wasn't released until 2013. It's a really good Metal album. Very unique sound. Not sure how to describe it exactly. 

Avant-Metal is the best description I've heard. Gorgeous cover art, too.

I guess you got a special early copy of that one, because according to Amazon, it's not being released until January 22. I also tried MOG and it's not there yet either. The rest of us may have to wait a little while to hear it unless you have a link...

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 297
I got a promo copy from the record label a month or so ago. :wink: Forgot it didn't drop til the 22nd. 

Quote:

I guess you got a special early copy of that one, because according to Amazon, it's not being released until January 22. I also tried MOG and it's not there yet either. The rest of us may have to wait a little while to hear it unless you have a link...

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #7 of 297
fadelge.jpg

Long awaited arrival of the new Yo La Tengo album since their latest release in 2009. I have had the opportunity to listen to it a couple of times before its official release, but as usual with most Yo La Tengo albums they takes some time to settle in, sometimes even years.. but I so far like what I have heard.

There's a couple of songs that are available to listen to before the official release through this link

http://www.yolatengo.com/

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:27 PM Post #8 of 297
Quote:

fadelge.jpg

Long awaited arrival of the new Yo La Tengo album since their latest release in 2009. I have had the opportunity to listen to it a couple of times before its official release, but as usual with most Yo La Tengo albums they takes some time to settle in, sometimes even years.. but I so far like what I have heard.

Looks like that one will be out this coming Tuesday the 15th...

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #10 of 297
Great! Thanks for the link!

Jan 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 297
After Jupiterknight posted that link above, I watched Yo La Tengo's video for "Ohm." I really like the video. The time-lapse is just cool...

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 297
Agree. very cool to watch. I do right now feel that this new album by Yo La Tengo  "Fade" in essence is very much similar to the sound landscape and down tempo feel on one of my all-time favorite Yo La Tengo albums  "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside and out". 

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #13 of 297
Jan 13, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #14 of 297
If you'd like to start the new year off with something out-of-the-ordinary, I've got just the ticket.

Broadcast - Berberian Sound Studio (2013)

This record is the soundtrack for an indie film recorded by Birmingham, England's Broadcast. Rather than a collection of songs it is more a collection of soundscapes as there are 39 tracks in only 38 minutes.

The best way I can describe this music is that it is like listening to an experimental soundtrack for a '60s horror movie. It is dark, disturbing, haunting, avant-garde and electronic. A quick listen to a few tracks will give you a better idea of the mood of this music, but it's really the type of record that needs to be heard in it's entirety to be fully appreciated. Wait until it's dark, maybe light some candles, put on your headphones, and check this one out.

It's available on MOG and Spotify.

Thanks for this suggestion! I am really enjoying this album.

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 297

Users who are viewing this thread

Back