NEW Ref 8 IEM cable by ALO
May 25, 2018 at 5:34 PM Post #34 of 53
I have the SXC-8.

I did a shoot out (posted on the previous page) between Tinsel, Iitz and Reference 8 cables.

Now there is the black copper cable, SXC-8 and gold cable.

ADBA9DB2-48F3-47AA-A8AE-44E64ACF14E7.png

In my Campfire Audio Cascade review I compare the SXC-8 with the stock cable which I believe is a Litz cable.
And later vs different CA iems.

The review is here on Head-fi but I will lazy link it to my blog as I am on mobile device atm

http://www.headpie.net/2018/03/campfire-audio-cascade-headphone-review.html?m=1

Scroll,
Scroll,
Scroll down past the sound and filter sections......

So have a look there.

I have the MMCX IEM version and it is ok for some IEMs and not others as it is quite heavy. The sound is great though.

Quote: - ‘In summary: The sound stage is increased, mids brought up a tad, more coherency, smoother, overall body has depth and the layering is more defined. Via the better clarity instrument placement and separation is more noticeable.‘

*I should copy that section and make a separate post.

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 5:43 PM Post #35 of 53
I've read that shoot out, it's a great write-up! What is the black copper cable? I haven't seen that on their website. I currently have the sxc 8 for my custom 64 audio headphones but I feel it's just a bit too big and heavy so I was intrigued by the reference 8 but I didn't want it to take away any bass or vocal presence, I've heard it's a bit bass weak

May 25, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #36 of 53
Jun 13, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #37 of 53
Jul 8, 2018 at 5:00 AM Post #38 of 53
still dont know the difference between sxc 8 and ref 8.

I would like to buy SXC 8 with 4.4mm to 2 pin. i hope the offer price can stay ?

Aug 2, 2018 at 1:28 AM Post #39 of 53
I have the SXC-8.

I did a shoot out (posted on the previous page) between Tinsel, Iitz and Reference 8 cables.

Now there is the black copper cable, SXC-8 and gold cable.

In my Campfire Audio Cascade review I compare the SXC-8 with the stock cable which I believe is a Litz cable.
And later vs different CA iems.

The review is here on Head-fi but I will lazy link it to my blog as I am on mobile device atm

http://www.headpie.net/2018/03/campfire-audio-cascade-headphone-review.html?m=1

Scroll,
Scroll,
Scroll down past the sound and filter sections......

So have a look there.

I have the MMCX IEM version and it is ok for some IEMs and not others as it is quite heavy. The sound is great though.

Quote: - ‘In summary: The sound stage is increased, mids brought up a tad, more coherency, smoother, overall body has depth and the layering is more defined. Via the better clarity instrument placement and separation is more noticeable.‘

*I should copy that section and make a separate post.

Thank you for sharing about SXC8. There are not much reviews could be found online but I read yours. Then I bought one 3.5mm yesterday for my CA Andro as it is on sale here lately.

I totally agree that it is more refined than Litz and it has a larger sound stage. One small glitch of it is that when it comes out from Mojo, the sound is too overwhelming to my liking. Don't know if it could be better after more hours of burn-in. The cable is, no doubt, quite stiff, and it is microphonic at times. But I could live with these problems because the cable is so beautiful. It really makes me smile when playing 富嶽百景 of 鬼太鼓座 (Ondekoza's Fugaku-Hyakkei).

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #40 of 53
Just have got a second hand pair of Andromeda v2 and I was looking for a 4.4mm cable to pair with Sony's WM1A. I saw this cable around 129e, do you think it's a good deal or I could try looking for other options? Thank you in advance.

Apr 23, 2020 at 1:00 AM Post #41 of 53
Anyone compared The Reference 8 cable against the SXC-8 cable?

Apr 23, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #42 of 53
Apr 23, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #44 of 53
Thank you everyone for responding

Oct 3, 2021 at 12:16 PM Post #45 of 53
Been using reference 8 on Solaris Flower and really enjoy it. The Super Smoky Litz has great musicality, but has much smoother and earlier roll offs. The reference 8 really keeps the musicality and color of the Solaris but turns up the details and timber of instruments. I only wish the reference 8 wrapped around the ears as well as Super Smoky Litz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back