NEW! Redesigned 2013 Beats by Dre Studio v2 in RED & WHITE unboxing. #NewBeatsStudio
Oct 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #77 of 102
Because Monster didn't make the Executive, Beats does.

Don't even go there xD If you read inside the packaging for the Executives, Noel Lee is responsible for the design of the headphones.

Doesn't matter who manufactures them.

Oct 15, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #78 of 102
Agree with HiFi, just got the new Studios v2, very (VERY) good sounding headphone. I'm not a "beats hater", but I totally get the reservations people had with the previous version. I have to tell you, the new Studios sound exciting and lively and pretty damn good. The noise canceling is better also, my wife just told me I missed a tantrum from our 3 YO. :wink:

I've been listening to them for the past 2 hours plus (after having them burning in all day) and they invite me to turn the volume up on my favorite songs.

Also been trying them with my Fiio E11, sound gets louder / stronger , more punch, more dynamic. These things can get LOUD, but they dont lose their compsure.

The highs are nowhere near as ragged as v1, the bass, while still punchy (which i actually enjoy) is not as exaggerated as before. The midrange is surprisingly uncolored. I dont feel any fatigue after listening for all this time.

Every headphone is going to have its own sonic signature, so try them out before you buy, obviously, and see if you like the sound. It is a closed, noise canceling headphone, so don't expect the soundstage you get with open sets. But, where the Studio v1 was loud, bassy, shrill and basically made a cartoon character out of the music. The new ones are a major step in the right direction. I'm impressed.

Oct 15, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #79 of 102
Agree with HiFi, just got the new Studios v2, very (VERY) good sounding headphone. I'm not a "beats hater", but I totally get the reservations people had with the previous version. I have to tell you, the new Studios sound exciting and lively and pretty damn good. The noise canceling is better also, my wife just told me I missed a tantrum from our 3 YO. :wink:

I've been listening to them for the past 2 hours plus (after having them burning in all day) and they invite me to turn the volume up on my favorite songs.

Also been trying them with my Fiio E11, sound gets louder / stronger , more punch, more dynamic. These things can get LOUD, but they dont lose their compsure.

The highs are nowhere near as ragged as v1, the bass, while still punchy (which i actually enjoy) is not as exaggerated as before. The midrange is surprisingly uncolored. I dont feel any fatigue after listening for all this time.

Every headphone is going to have its own sonic signature, so try them out before you buy, obviously, and see if you like the sound. It is a closed, noise canceling headphone, so don't expect the soundstage you get with open sets. But, where the Studio v1 was loud, bassy, shrill and basically made a cartoon character out of the music. The new ones are a major step in the right direction. I'm impressed.
Glad to see me more open minded head fiers trying them. I agree, these are my fav headphone (next to my aviators, with my m50 after the beats.) I can only imagine what the new solos, or even Pros(if they ever remake them.) will sound like if they could improve the studios so vastly.

Oct 17, 2013 at 1:11 AM Post #80 of 102
Agree with HiFi, just got the new Studios v2, very (VERY) good sounding headphone. I'm not a "beats hater", but I totally get the reservations people had with the previous version. I have to tell you, the new Studios sound exciting and lively and pretty damn good. The noise canceling is better also, my wife just told me I missed a tantrum from our 3 YO.
wink.gif

Glad you gave them a shot.  I own four pairs. :)

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:41 AM Post #82 of 102
Can't decide which way to go here, these or some V M100's. I am upgrading from some Ludacris Souls 150, and while the sound was alright on them for the price, after 30 minutes or so the clamping was unbearable. Anyone have experience with the Souls and either of these and any sort of comparison? I don't even have a big head, size 7 fitted hat size. Thanks

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #83 of 102
I too never considered these or any Beats. I still have my mind/heart set on m100s but was at Target tonight and tried on a set and couldn't believe how good they sounded. I was amazed.

If I found these for 200, I'd probably buy them over $300 m100s

Nov 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #84 of 102
Man, maybe I missed it but they have a Bluetooth studio now too? No more cord? Yes please. Wonder how that affects the sound/price?

Jan 19, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #86 of 102
Im finding it difficult to position these things comfortably. They gotta be perfect on your head to not feel like theyre hitting a pressure point

Hmm, really? They fit really well on my big noggin. One of the most comfy I have ever worn, actually.

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #88 of 102
  I wonder how these compare against the yamaha pro 500 and polk audio ultrafocus 8000

Pro500 are a failed.  Get their 220 instead.  10x better.

Jul 1, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #89 of 102

Sorry but I disagree, I sold my MT220 and remain quite content on keeping PR0500.  I found the MT220 quite veiled needing to push their limits to extract detail and clarity. While the PRO500 are warm also in tone (especially the low end) I find them much more enjoyable.

Jul 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM Post #90 of 102

http://www.head-fi.org/t/723136/battle-of-the-bassys-beats-pro-yamaha-pro-500-and-beats-studio-2013-compared#post_10634722
There are a lot of people who disagree with you (but i haven't heard them myself)
They are selling for half their msrp in the US btw
http://www.head-fi.org/t/628488/yamaha-pro-headphones
http://www.head-fi.org/t/653626/yamaha-hph-pro-500-review
http://www.head-fi.org/t/653792/yamaha-pro-500-vs-sony-mdr-1-r

Users who are viewing this thread

Back