NEW! Redesigned 2013 Beats by Dre Studio v2 in RED & WHITE unboxing. #NewBeatsStudio
Aug 8, 2013 at 1:22 PM Post #48 of 102
Ok, these look really good, interesting how it sounds.
TBH when I was traveling on USA decided to buys something like this, so was choosing between sennheiser momentums and the beats stuff.
Guess whos the winner?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #49 of 102

Using beats with an amp would be like attaching this spoiler to a car.

The beats would benefit from a better source output to begin with as it already has its own internal amp coupled with the noise cancelling circuitry.

Just using an amp would be like double amping if you amp directly from the headphone output. Line out is a different story because amped line out is better than the headphone output in the first place if you know what i mean.

Tbh, to really get amp benefit from beats would involve driving the drivers directly and removing the electronics inside- effectively turning these into passive headphones

I did that with a pair of old Studio. It sounded awful. Beats EQ the sound in the internal amp. I am happy to report that the new Studio sounds a LOT better than the old. Review video is in review by Google so as soon as it's ready, I'll post it here.

Aug 8, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #51 of 102
Quote:
critics of Beats headphones will be surprised by the #NewBeatsStudio. Beats did this one right.  The best sounding Beats headphone for music outside of Rap/Hip Hop.

Being a critic of the original Beats Studios, I do agree with you hear. They are better than the Executives (which were a right step in the right direction for Beats, but oh that constant "HISS" 
size]
). 

That was MacedonianHero, not HiFiGuy (who hasn't posted in that thread) here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beats-executive-dt1350-ue9000

I think you may have people mixed up. 
smile.gif

Yep, that was me. I hardly call that raving, but I was impressed that Beats took a step in the right direct with the Executives. Their initial foray with the original Studios was a major fail IMO. But the really loud HISS on the Executives after a week with my buddy's pair really got on my nerves. As a result, I wouldn't recommend them either for just that reason. 

Aug 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #53 of 102
both are very comfy, but I give the Studio an edge due to it's better noise isolation even with the ANC OFF. I am really enjoying the new Studio. Can't wait to see the new Solo HD later this year.

Aug 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #56 of 102
It is really hard to me to believe that beats are not overpriced anymore. I am gonna have to check it out with my own ears to believe that.
No, I am not saying that HiFiGuy258 is lying or doesnt understand nothing about sound quality ( YOU ROCK MAN!! :) ), but I guess you guys understand what I am trying to say. All those years of overpriced products....

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #58 of 102
Those beats looks mature over the previous Monster Beats Studio.  Looks more refined and sounds like the sound signature followed suit.  

I get a laugh of every new Monster/Beats thread here and its bashing.  If anything Monster should get a lot of credit for introducing products to the consumer masses over the last 5 years, and in the process set the bar to what the average consumer will pay for and made a trend to what's cool - despite artist endorsements.  I noticed a shift of the pro-consumer brands following suit with similar consumer grade products and pricing, and it is IMO, due to Monster paving the way and giving a green light that there's a market for $200-500 headphone/earphones.  The bandwagon is the only natural following.

Apologies for any thread derailment. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back