NEW! Redesigned 2013 Beats by Dre Studio v2 in RED & WHITE unboxing. #NewBeatsStudio
Aug 4, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #16 of 102
Quote:
is it just me or is this just shameless beats promotion. I swear the m-100 comparison request was just ignored

As much as i love hifiguy, i honestly agree. Looking at his channel, he's got 34 videos about beats, i mean come on.

Aug 4, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #17 of 102
Considering you had the UE6000, MDR1r + others how does this compare to those other headphones that are in a similar price category. Improving over the older model is not much to write home about.

Aug 4, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #18 of 102
Quote:
Considering you had the UE6000, MDR1r + others how does this compare to those other headphones that are in a similar price category. Improving over the older model is not much to write home about.

I am a Sony fanboy and the MDR-1r is a very good headphone.  I own two pairs (black & silver).  I have to say the new Beats Studio is better in every way.  Between the UE6000 & the new Studio, I would have to say the UE6000 still wins.  Mainly because it has a passive mode while the new Studio does not.

is it just me or is this just shameless beats promotion. I swear the m-100 comparison request was just ignored

Not a shameless promotion at all.  It's a fact that the new Beats Studio is a great headphone.  The old Studio wasn't all that good.  BTW, I get no money from Beats so I have no reason to promote their products.  In fact, I've told people stay away from the Beats Executive.  

Aug 4, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #19 of 102
I am a Sony fanboy and the MDR-1r is a very good headphone.  I own two pairs (black & silver).  I have to say the new Beats Studio is better in every way.  Between the UE6000 & the new Studio, I would have to say the UE6000 still wins.  Mainly because it has a passive mode while the new Studio does not.

Not a shameless promotion at all.  It's a fact that the new Beats Studio is a great headphone.  The old Studio wasn't all that good.  BTW, I get no money from Beats so I have no reason to promote their products.  In fact, I've told people stay away from the Beats Executive.  

I was in a thread with you a few weeks ago where you were raving to me about the executives.

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #23 of 102
Quote:
HiFiGuy528, can you compare the Beats Studio to the V-Moda M-100 plz ? Are the Studios still overpriced?

The new Studio and M100 are both very good headphones.  I do give the M100 bonus points for being over built to withstand daily use/abuse.  The down side on the Studio is it doesn't have a passive mode.  It may be the deal breaker for a lot of users.  If I had to pick one between the two, the M100 would be the better choice.  The new Studio is not overpriced at all and is worth owning if you have the cash.

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #24 of 102
Aug 5, 2013 at 9:03 AM Post #25 of 102
The new Studio and M100 are both very good headphones.  I do give the M100 bonus points for being over built to withstand daily use/abuse.  The down side on the Studio is it doesn't have a passive mode.  It may be the deal breaker for a lot of users.  If I had to pick one between the two, the M100 would be the better choice.  The new Studio is not overpriced at all and is worth owning if you have the cash.
What's the better headphone, the Bose QC15 or the new Beats Studio? And, if you already own the QC15s, is it worth selling them to get the new Studios?

Thanks!

Aug 5, 2013 at 10:46 AM Post #26 of 102
Quote:

Link pls.

I am locked out of viewing the thread due to personal attack (not on my part, at least I don't think so)

Either way, to any people on here taking his advice I would be sure that you listen to these headphones for yourself or at least get an opinion from some other credible reviewers.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #27 of 102
HiFiGuy is a credible reviewer. Just because he happens to review beats (along with dozens of other audiophile headphones) don't make him any less credible. 

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #28 of 102
Quote:
Quote:

I was in a thread with you a few weeks ago where you were raving to me about the executives.

That was MacedonianHero, not HiFiGuy (who hasn't posted in that thread) here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/672743/comparisons-psb-m4u2-senn-momentum-sony-mdr-1r-bose-qc15-beats-executive-dt1350-ue9000

I think you may have people mixed up. 
smile.gif

Aug 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #30 of 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Back