NEW! Redesigned 2013 Beats by Dre Studio v2 in RED & WHITE unboxing. #NewBeatsStudio
Aug 5, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #31 of 102
Quote:
I remember him being involved somewhere defending the executives... Must have been another thread.
Also I wasn't saying he was not credible, which is why I used the word "other"

I may have found what you are referring to. He isn't really praising the executives, but in contrast to probably the majority of us here, he did sorta defend the executives against the thread starter.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632431/beats-executive-another-disappointment

The one thing I'm curious about is how hifi claims the OP needs to get his facts straight, and how he has the basics wrong. I don't really see any blatantly false claims from the OP so I'm wondering what hifi is referring to.

Aug 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #32 of 102
That is the thread I was thinking of! Thank you.
Also in my opinion the Executives arent much better than the Studios at all. They executives dont have as much bass so they dont sound as muddy, but at the same time the noise cancelling circuitry is pretty bad, there is always an audible hiss in the background.

Aug 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM Post #33 of 102
Quote:
Quote:
HiFiGuy528, can you compare the Beats Studio to the V-Moda M-100 plz ? Are the Studios still overpriced?

The new Studio and M100 are both very good headphones.  I do give the M100 bonus points for being over built to withstand daily use/abuse.  The down side on the Studio is it doesn't have a passive mode.  It may be the deal breaker for a lot of users.  If I had to pick one between the two, the M100 would be the better choice.  The new Studio is not overpriced at all and is worth owning if you have the cash.

Thank you HiFiGuy528, I bought the M-100 after watching lots of videos about headphones, and most of them were yours. I am very satisfied with the M-100. I am subscriber!

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:18 PM Post #34 of 102
Thank you HiFiGuy528, I bought the M-100 after watching lots of videos about headphones, and most of them were yours. I am very satisfied with the M-100. I am subscriber!

I'm glad my videos helped with your buying decisions. BTW, V-Moda has a coiled cable for the M100 now. I'm waiting for mine to arrive and show it in the M100 review video. :)

Aug 6, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #35 of 102
Here's my opinion on buying anything audio related based on reviews. If I have similar taste in sound with a reviewer, I would consider buying a product solely based on his/her review. There isn't ONE reviewer in the world that EVERYONE will agree with so that "trusted" reviewer you are referring to may not fit everyone. It is beneficial to try recommendations from reviewers to see if your taste in sound matches his or her findings.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #36 of 102
I may have found what you are referring to. He isn't really praising the executives, but in contrast to probably the majority of us here, he did sorta defend the executives against the thread starter.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/632431/beats-executive-another-disappointment

The one thing I'm curious about is how hifi claims the OP needs to get his facts straight, and how he has the basics wrong. I don't really see any blatantly false claims from the OP so I'm wondering what hifi is referring to.

Because Monster didn't make the Executive, Beats does.

Aug 6, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #37 of 102
Quote:
Quote:

I'm glad my videos helped with your buying decisions. BTW, V-Moda has a coiled cable for the M100 now. I'm waiting for mine to arrive and show it in the M100 review video. :)

I am sure this will interest you, Val Kolton (V-Moda CEO) announced the new earpads, take a look in here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/592389/v-moda-m-100-discussion-feedback-reviews-pics-etc/15825

Aug 6, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #39 of 102
Aug 7, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #41 of 102
How does it sound with an amp ?

Sounds best on an iPod Touch 5th gen or iPhone. For laptop playback, a better DAC like the Meridian Explorer is a good match.

Aug 7, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #43 of 102

Using beats with an amp would be like attaching this spoiler to a car.

The beats would benefit from a better source output to begin with as it already has its own internal amp coupled with the noise cancelling circuitry.

Just using an amp would be like double amping if you amp directly from the headphone output. Line out is a different story because amped line out is better than the headphone output in the first place if you know what i mean.

Tbh, to really get amp benefit from beats would involve driving the drivers directly and removing the electronics inside- effectively turning these into passive headphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back