new ray samuels portable impressions??
Jun 11, 2004 at 2:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,
I'm kind intererted in knowing what rays new amp sounds like with ety er4-p's. I got a chance to hear the amp at the last grado meet, but not with real portable cans. (Not that like i'd be pimping my hd-650s out and about on campus hehe)

Anyone?

Jun 11, 2004 at 2:45 PM Post #2 of 3
I have been waiting for months to read how the LaRooco PR sounds with the Shures E5's. I would also like to read some comparisons of E5's with the Ray Samuels amps. I have read everything here and have a general idea of the various qualities of these amps, but a more direct comparison would be invaluable to help me decide which to buy. I am especially concerned about avoiding the Shure E5 "hiss issue."
icon10.gif
confused.gif

Jun 11, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #3 of 3
You might have to wait a few more weeks for those comparative reviews. I just got this update from Ray concerning the SR-71. He wanted me to pass it along to those of us on Head-Fi.

Quote:

Sorry headfiers, some times even though you promise a delivery time after getting some echo from the suppliers or the chassis manufacturers, you will find out that they did not meet their dead lines. Now we are looking at 10 days to 2 weeks, for the shipping of the Emmeline SR-71 portable headphone amp.
Thanks for your patiance....
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back