New products, hot products and other Sonic Electronix annoucement.
Feb 10, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 40
At NAMM a few weeks ago, Westone introduced a new line of pro in-ear monitors.  Instead of me blabbing about it i'll let Carl explain them to you. We will be getting these soon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg80EVhmhIU

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #26 of 40
Update tech information on the Chord Mojo for people who want to use it on car or other audio systems. We had a few customer issues relating to distortion.

1. Using Line-level feature of the Chord Mojo will provide a 3 volts output at 80 Hz. Most car and home systems' AUX input can only accept 1 to 2 volts . Over driving the AUX input of your system may create distortion. We recommend turning on the line output feature of the Mojo, Then use one of the following options:
    1. Option 1: Click volume down four times for a 2 volt signal at 80 Hz
    2. Option 2: Click volume down nine times for a 1 volt signal at 80 Hz
  2. *Once you set the volume control on the Mojo it will retain those settings for future use
  3. If you still experience distortion turn off the audio system and/or unplug it to reset. No need to redo the Mojo setting. 

Mar 23, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #28 of 40

Nuforce HEM Series now available. 

They really did a nice job with the quality and look of these. They are all on the warmer/darker side.  My opinions on sound signature

HEM2: flat

HEM4: forward mids. I like for vocals. 

HEM6: I like for classical music

HEM8:Jack of all trades. Great bass faily wide soundstage. Similar to Westone W40 just warmer. 

Coming soon is a comparison review of the HEM8, Westone W40, Shure SE535, Ultimate Ears UE900s

We're giving store credit if you purchase an HEM from us and leave a review (first 10 reviews)

HEM8 : $50
HEM6:  $40
HEM4:  $30
HEM2:  $20

Mar 23, 2016 at 4:59 PM Post #29 of 40
Nice SonicElectronix!

I just started really playing around with the HEM IEM recently. I agree with your conclusions. HEM2 is just on the warm side of neutral. HEM4 is the odd man out, being the leanest / coolest of the lineup. HEM6 and HEM8 are closest in presentation with HEM6 being a bit more energetic up top. HEM8 is more restrained / refined in comparison.

Mar 23, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #30 of 40
Nice @SonicElectronix!

I just started really playing around with the HEM IEM recently. I agree with your conclusions. HEM2 is just on the warm side of neutral. HEM4 is the odd man out, being the leanest / coolest of the lineup. HEM6 and HEM8 are closest in presentation with HEM6 being a bit more energetic up top. HEM8 is more restrained / refined in comparison.

You're spot on.  The HEM4 sticks out like a * thumb. The HEM6 highs really sparkle and the HEM8 is its more refined brother
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back