1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New products, hot products and other Sonic Electronix annoucement.

2 3
Next

Last
  1. SonicElectronix
    logo.png

Hey All,

This tread is to announce any new Sonic Electronix news which include new products, hot products, unique products, reviews and other things. Deals will not be posted here.  If there are products, brands, or things you would like us to offer please post it here. 

BTW, just because I carry a brand or product doesn't mean I'll always give them praise. I'm honest and if they suck i'll either not mention them or say so but more likely the former. 

2. SonicElectronix
    BEYERDYNAMIC CUSTOM STREET ON-EAR

customstreet-black.jpg customstreet-white.jpg
     ​
    The long anticipated (at least for me) Beyerdynamic Customer Street headphones are finally available.  They are basically like the on-ear version of the Custom One Pros.  I haven't had a chance to hear them yet. Have any of you heard them before?

3. SonicElectronix
    Nuforce's new line-up
     ​
     ​
    At CES I had the opportunity to audtion Nuforce's new line of balanced armature in-ear monitors. The HEM2, (sing driver), HEM4 (2 driver), HEM6 (3 driver), and HEM8 (4 driver). The HEM2 and HEM8 were my personal favorites. The HEM8 bass is very rich and clear with some emphasis in the upper frequencies; a big change from the Primo 8. They will launch in February and I believe whoever gets them will be very impressed.  They will definitely be great competition for  Westone and Shure in-ear monitors. 

nuforce.png

The Nuforce BE-6 are very impressive bluetooth earbuds. They are the best quality earbuds I've had an opportunity to try. Check them out: Gunmetal Grey and White Gold

BTW, just because I carry a brand or product doesn't mean I'll give them praise. I'm honest and if they suck i'll either not mention them or say so but more likely the former. 

imackler likes this.
  4. nmatheis Contributor
    I'm glad to hear the new quad is a change from the Primo8's sound sig. Hope to hear them soon.

5. biggysmalls
    Any idea on the price range of the NuForce line? Just so we can brace our wallets!

6. SonicElectronix
    Yeah, it's:

HEM2 - $199
    HEM4 - $299
    HEM6 - $399
    HEM8 - $499

7. SonicElectronix
    Hifiman Edition S

Many of you may already how that Hifiman is coming out what a convertible headphone called the Edition S. Here is a video with more detail that we did with them at CES, We will have them soon. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTVSk7BiSmY

Hifiman Edition X
     ​
    The Edition X are very enjoyable from the brief listening session I had. Efficient enough to easily run on a phone or portable device. I used my Droid Turbo and Calyx M1. We also recorded a video about the EditionX, check it out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-sEj6GpAaM​
     ​
     ​

8. nmatheis Contributor
    Curious about HES. Already tried HEX. Very nice listen but a bit spendy for me.

9. SonicElectronix
    Unboxing Videos
     ​
     ​
    Here are a few unboxing videos we recorded.....Never have I sound so nasally.

Sennheiser HD630VB:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_Jp2y0Og0

In the video I said "first audiophile grade headphone" but I meant to say "first audiophile grade closed back". These are great headphones, great sound, fold-able, and of course the adjustable bass. They sound fabulous with fairly wide soundstage, sparkly highs, and detailed.  Super-duper comfortable and I was easily able to wear for 4 hours without removing them. Interesting things I noticed are the VB control didn't really start making any difference until about 70% to max. Maybe it was due to what I was listening to. The other interesting things are the non-removeable cable, cable is on right can (probably due to the controls all being on that side and most people are right handed so it's easier to use the adjustments), and you can change iOS/Android control compatibility with the switch located on the can. If you want more details just let me know.  

Here is a review by my content writer and headphone enthusiast.

http://blog.sonicelectronix.com/home-and-portable-electronics/sennheiser-hd-630vb-audiophile-closed-back-headphones-reviewed/

Audio Technica ATH-M70Xhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7aGg4vWiqA

Detailed review coming soon. 

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 In-ear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WdKkZBvmDw

10. SonicElectronix
    The HEX? They're not that bad, only $1799....jk. I understand. 

The HES, I wish I could say but it was noisy at that time and I couldn't really give them a fair judgement. I guess I could say the noise isolation could be a little better. And there wasn't a dramatic sound signature change open or closed except for small difference in bass response and level. They are very light and comfortable. When we get samples I can give you a better review. 

11. SonicElectronix
    Audeze Sine Headphones
     ​
    Audeze, like always, creates amazing sounding and, more recently, sexy headphones. The Sine continues this look and feel like the EL-8.  They are well build using all premium materials. They also sound fantastic and I will definitely be adding these to my personal collection. On the go I usually use my balanced armature in-ear monitors but these will part of that category for me.  When i'm feeling fashionable and want to have that amazing sound I will use these. They will be coming within the next few months. Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRd3PWRfBc

12. SonicElectronix
    For anyone who has a Hifiman Edition X or HE400S Hifiman now has a disclaimer about it's power handling capabilities. 

"Enter Edition X. Even though it is still a full-size, open back design, Edition X weighs just over 14 ounces, light by high-end standards. And with a sensitivity of 103dB, it sounds amazing driven right from a smartphone or portable audio device. 

With this remarkable sensitivity, Edition X does not require a large amplifier. In fact, best results will be achieved if you use this particular model with a high quality amp of moderate power. We recommend not pairing Edition X with an amp that has an output of 500mW per channel or greater. If Edition X is paired with too much power, distortion or damage can result so choose high quality and moderate power. 

Speaking of high sensitivity, on the other end of our headphone range is the wildly popular HE400S ($299) which has a sensitivity of 98dB. It too sounds terrific driven right from a smartphone. If paired with an amplifier, high quality with modest power(lower than 500mW per channel) is the way to go."

Lorspeaker likes this.
  13. SonicElectronix
    For anyone interested, we'll have the new Shure KSE1500 in stock in a week. 

14. SonicElectronix
  15. SonicElectronix
    Looking for a few good reviewers who will write for free goods. If you're interested please send me a PM. 

2 3
Next

Last