*NEW PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT* Jerry Harvey Audio - Performance Series Universal Fit IEMs
Nov 26, 2016 at 12:37 PM Post #91 of 218
Jh 16 v2 vs Angie. I'm looking at customs, and the 16v2 has 10 drivers in a 424 setup while the Angie uses 8 drivers in a 224 configuration. The Angie uses the 4th order crossover while the jh16v2 does not. Is this correct? Can anyone provide any insight into the signature of the Angie vs 16v2?

Nov 28, 2016 at 3:10 PM Post #92 of 218
Jh 16 v2 vs Angie. I'm looking at customs, and the 16v2 has 10 drivers in a 424 setup while the Angie uses 8 drivers in a 224 configuration. The Angie uses the 4th order crossover while the jh16v2 does not. Is this correct? Can anyone provide any insight into the signature of the Angie vs 16v2?

I believe all JH 4-pin IEMs after Roxanne Ver 1 have 4th order crossovers. I would be curious to get some impressions as well.

Dec 1, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #96 of 218
I have a question:

I would love to use my iPhone with my Laylas for a simple portable setup, but the sound is too dark and muddy. Any one of the the following I've tried - Audioquest DFR, ALO CDM, Chord Mojo, iFi IDSD all sound nice and clean with Layla. It's really night and day difference.

Would any of the new JH universals get me a nice balanced sound with extended highs straight out of an iPhone? JH13V2 maybe?

Thanks!

Dec 1, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #97 of 218
I am sorry fir calling you iut earlier on this thread Andy.  I was wrong on my actions and my info.  I am sorry for derailing this thread earlier and I am sorry to everyone whom I have or may have offended.  Merry Christmas everyone.

Dec 1, 2016 at 6:40 PM Post #98 of 218
"And what happened, then?"

"Well, in Whoville they say - that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day."

"And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches + two"

Dec 1, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #99 of 218
  I have a question:

I would love to use my iPhone with my Laylas for a simple portable setup, but the sound is too dark and muddy. Any one of the the following I've tried - Audioquest DFR, ALO CDM, Chord Mojo, iFi IDSD all sound nice and clean with Layla. It's really night and day difference.

Would any of the new JH universals get me a nice balanced sound with extended highs straight out of an iPhone? JH13V2 maybe?

Thanks!

Layla is dark but not muddy. If you're looking for TH900 type of treble in an iem, look further. Try some Asian brands, maybe. 

Dec 2, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #100 of 218

Layla is dark but not muddy. If you're looking for TH900 type of treble in an iem, look further. Try some Asian brands, maybe. 

Thanks, not looking for TH900 in an IEM. Layla is still my favorite when used with CDM or even DFR. Just want to know if another JH model pairs well with iPhone. I've suspected that Layla has certain amp requirements that iPhone can't deliver - power and/or impedance matching. I understand a lower end DAC/amp will not give me the same soundstage, details, and extension but I can live with that for portable as long as the freq response stays relatively the same. To my ears, Layla's freq response goes in a totally different direction when paired with an iPhone.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #103 of 218
I use my Layas with just my Iphone 7+ sometimes. That said I do not use ITunes I use the Onkyo app. I think the IPhone with HiRes files works fine. I think what you are hearing is a combination of power and low res. I do however believe that the Laylas when driven with a little juice really sing. There is a lot headroom built in for stage use.

Dec 5, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #104 of 218
Its all cool Riley. I have thick skin. I love the banter on this site and I normally don't post because I think sometimes people feel they have to be careful what they say when someone like me is on here it ruins the very dynamic that is valuable to me.......your guys unabashed honesty

So whip me, beat me, but don't write me bad checks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back